QUAT-D Installed

v50man

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great ceramic coated black  :thumbsup:

...I'm still a bit disappointed in the performance numbers it seems to return though.

al

51230[/snapback]

Al --

Thanks. Remember, this is the "race" system. THrottle response is off the scale.

Sound is AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Eventually, a dyno report...

v50

Looks great.. 

what mirrors are those?

Cheers, Tim

51244[/snapback]

Rizoma Reverse mirrors. Small, impractical, vibey -- butthey look damn good.

VERY nice.

Are you going for the individual cylinder tuning on a PCIII USB?

51253[/snapback]

Just gonna tune the stock computer -- for now. I was merely looking to "wake the bike up" and hear it.

Mission accomplished. Going in for tuning this morning -- sound files when I get it back.

v

that's extra sharp man. that black on black is hot.

i think we may need a pIII thread. my mechanic was telling me the chips fool the bike into running different, and wasn't sure he was comfortable with that.

Guest slowpoke

V50 man I know this has been probably covered before but where did you get the race version Quat-d? I have the older version and really like the looks but don't particularly like the power or the sound. A matter of fact I was almost thinking of taking it apart and redesigning it for two out. But with the race version available I may have second thoughts. Incidentally, your bike looks right on!

Guest MotoMessiah

It really does look fantastic in black! :food:

Can't wait for the sound clip! And what does the catalyst do exactly? Restrict flow for EPA standards?

V50 man I know this has been probably covered before but where did you get the race version Quat-d? I have the older version and really like the looks but don't particularly like the power or the sound. A matter of fact I was almost thinking of taking it apart and redesigning it for two out. But with the race version available I may have second thoughts. Incidentally, your bike looks right on!

51274[/snapback]

Slowpoke -

The "race" version of the Quat-D is accomplished by ordering it from the factory with the catalyser removed. Or, you can remove it yourself, as a plate and rivets are provided.

Cost was 740 Euro + 100 Euro for shipping (got here in less than a week) -- and this is for the COMPLETE KIT (headers, muffler, etc.).

Sound is VERY AGGRESSIVE but still CIVIL.

If you email Quat-D, Manuel DeLiso will walk you through the process.

Hope this helps.

It really does look fantastic in black! :food:

Can't wait for the sound clip! And what does the catalyst do exactly? Restrict flow for EPA standards?

51275[/snapback]

Same thing as the cataltic converter on your car -- cuts down exhaust emissions. Unfortunately, it also massively restricts airflow and sound -- so it HAD TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sound clips as soon as it gets back from the shop (just dropped it off).

Thanks for your help posting the pics.