QUAT-D Installed

v50man

with all due respect -- that bike sounds positively ANEMIC when compared with the "race" Quat-D.

51914[/snapback]

His sound excellent.

Maybe it is the microphone but Frankie's sounds much better than the recording I made when I had a Quat-D...man I miss that muffler. It was nice to hear slowpoke's muffler a couple weeks ago.

I should do a sound check on my stock muffler for comparison...

And then the Mistrals...

Here is the original QuatD

http://www.scripps.edu/~dlaing/v11s/quatd.mov

It sounds much less tinny in person.

One thing that I think Quat-D owners can attest to is that the riders proximity to the muffler amplifies the experience.

Frankie, have you dyno'd the bike with the Quat-D?

I would bet you anything that doing the tuning-link with individual cylinder tuning would make a huge difference.

Can't wait for Sound files, V50Man!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His sound excellent.

Maybe it is the microphone but Frankie's sounds much better than the recording I made when I had a Quat-D...man I miss that muffler. It was nice to hear slowpoke's muffler a couple weeks ago.

I should do a sound check on my stock muffler for comparison...

And then the Mistrals...

Here is the original QuatD

http://www.scripps.edu/~dlaing/v11s/quatd.mov

It sounds much less tinny in person.

One thing that I think Quat-D owners can attest to is that the riders proximity to the muffler amplifies the experience.

Frankie, have you dyno'd the bike with the Quat-D?

I would bet you anything that doing the tuning-link with individual cylinder tuning would make a huge difference.

Can't wait for Sound files, V50Man!

52176[/snapback]

Please understand, I'm not dogging Frankie's bike. Fact is, I think it is the best looking V11 I've ever seen.

The point is, however, that if the sound he's producing is all I could get out of the Q-D, I wouldn't have bothered. To keep this in context, please remember that this is coming from a guy who LOVES the sound of Bubs, which many here (some of whom have never actually HEARD the setup) describe as "NASCAR loud."

Loud, yes. But NASCAR loud -- no.

v50

I've heard Sean Faders Bubs on his Sport 1100i. NASCAR loud pretty much seems to define it. The aftermarket Dunstall type mufflers are also very loud, but the tone is positively stentorian. So deep, even on a V65, that you'd swear it was an old WWII bomber engine. The V65 ran truly horrible with that lack of pack pressure though, so off they came after one day.

I've heard Sean Faders Bubs on his Sport 1100i. NASCAR loud pretty much seems to define it. The aftermarket Dunstall type mufflers are also very loud, but the tone is positively stentorian. So deep, even on a V65, that you'd swear it was an old WWII bomber engine. The V65 ran truly horrible with that lack of pack pressure though, so off they came after one day.

52181[/snapback]

I guess that's what makes horse races. I've been running Bubs on the V50III for ten years now, and I just LOVE the sound. Throw in some K&Ns and Dyna coils (which I have) and you have one strong-running 500cc machine.

One man's trash...

P.S. The bike will be back Saturday. I'll grab some sound files -- post 'em -- and let you guys decide.

It is my greatest desire that they be described by some as "stentorian."

Looks & sounds incredible.....I need to get off my tail & make it to the Vortex one of those Wednesdays, to see & hear it live in person.

Phil

Atlanta (Roswell)

Guest Frankie100Chili
Maybe it is the microphone but Frankie's sounds much better than the recording I made when I had a Quat-D

i have use a Casio "exlilim" Z55 digital camera.

i have use a Casio "exlilim" Z55 digital camera.

52484[/snapback]

For the record, I'm using a Sennheiser "shotgun" plugged into a Sony PD-150.