QUAT-D Installed

v50man

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

V50,

I love the "none more black" look! Great. How did you paint the forks and rims? Is that powder coat? or a spray job at a shop? Did you do it yourself? It looks great. If it is paint, I wonder how it holds up on the rims. I heard powder coating the rims might damage the structure to some extent.

V50,

I love the "none more black" look!  Great.  How did you paint the forks and rims?  Is that powder coat?  or a spray job at a shop?  Did you do it yourself?  It looks great.  If it is paint, I wonder how it holds up on the rims.  I heard powder coating the rims might damage the structure to some extent.

51381[/snapback]

Those are the stock colors on all the bikes as of the 02+ models(and 01 Rosso Mandello) Enzo.

The forks are anodized black(instead of the silver of 00-01) and the wheels are painted/coated black from the factory.... well, it's really a dark gray.

al

Alright guys --

I've heard these posts of Frankie's bike before.

Mine is still in the shop for tuning but -- with all due respect -- that bike sounds positively ANEMIC when compared with the "race" Quat-D.

I'll post sound files as soon as I get it back. Didn't want to rev it hard prior to tuning as it was running so lean after the new exhaust went on.

When you hear it -- you will weep...

Alright guys --

I've heard these posts of Frankie's bike before.

Mine is still in the shop for tuning but -- with all due respect -- that bike sounds positively ANEMIC when compared with the "race" Quat-D.

I'll post sound files as soon as I get it back.  Didn't want to rev it hard prior to tuning as it was running so lean after the new exhaust went on.

When you hear it -- you will weep...

51914[/snapback]

i bet mine's louder :grin:

Guest dolph
Slowpoke -

The "race" version of the Quat-D is accomplished by ordering it from the factory with the catalyser removed.  Or, you can remove it yourself, as a plate and rivets are provided.

Cost was 740 Euro + 100 Euro for shipping (got here in less than a week) -- and this is for the COMPLETE KIT (headers, muffler, etc.).

Sound is VERY AGGRESSIVE but still CIVIL.

If you email Quat-D, Manuel DeLiso will walk you through the process.

Hope this helps.

51276[/snapback]

What is 740 euro in American dollars? Looks GREAT by the way!

What is 740 euro in American dollars?  Looks GREAT by the way!

52127[/snapback]

At the time, I believe 840 Euros came to about $1050 USD. Not bad.

Wait 'til you hear the damn thing!

v50