Americanizing

antonio carroccio

24/7 Topics Always Go off kilter the Tech topics Usualy stay the coarse for they have a real question or concern and 24/7 is dumb questions and recent experiences and sometimes Wimmin. :grin: I can't explain how much this site has helped me with my bike I would have spent a lot more money and still not had what I wanted. I haven't noticed any Americanizing just a few of us that Post way too often for no reason at all,

Mush like this post now. :drink:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this thread. What is Americanizing? I mean I know what it is [i'm Canadian, boy do I know], but it seems to me that the forum being in the English language has the biggest effect on who uses this site. I'm very thankfull that guys who consider English a second language enguage here, as it gives us "English first language" lads a good perspective of how things work in different areas of this planet.

I for one could not enter into a forum using anything but English, so I am envious of you Euro lads who can sample grass on both sides of the fence.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Nogbad
It's alright Antonio I'll get this back on topic. By virtue of this forum's postings being dominated by Americans, I guess you could call it as have being become Americanised.

Rob

51669[/snapback]

I can't agree that there is a case of American domination of this board. Even if there was, they are very nice chaps and to be encouraged. Without them, I would still lack a seat cowl.

it gives us "English first language" lads a good perspective of how things work in different areas

of this planet.

51780[/snapback]

There are many planets. Why limit your horizons in this way?

I don't understand this thread.  What is Americanizing? I mean I know what it is [i'm Canadian, boy do I know], but it seems to me that the forum being in the English language has the biggest effect on who uses this site. I'm very thankfull that guys who consider English a second language enguage here, as it gives us "English first language" lads a good perspective of how things work in different areas of this planet.

I for one could not enter into a forum using anything but English, so I am envious of you Euro lads who can sample grass on both sides of the fence.

Ciao, Steve G.

51780[/snapback]

I feel the same way and quit whinning 'America Junior' :lol:

I wish I knew more than English I took 3 years of Japanese but I barely remember it now. ;)

I really appreciate the non-US folks on this board. One of the reasons I ride a Guzzi is because of its European flavour. I like that on this board, too.

I would dearly love to ride in Europe, or Australia, or NZ, but when I have the money, I don't have the time; and when I have the time, I don't have the money. If I ever do cross the pond, I think I would skip the museums and tourist traps and just find a nice neghborhood bar somewhere and chat with folks. Maybe walk through a hardware store or motorcycle shop and enjoy the differences. In a way, this board allows me the chance to do that. Thanks Jaap. :thumbsup:

fish