mY BIKE WAS STOLEN LAST NIGHNT

Guest rrbasso

Guest rrbasso

Hay my bike was stollen frome my drivway last night ! so anybody in the SF bay area please keep you eyes out, its a 03 v11 naked green , black fenders and tail section, ti pipes, and a corban seat !!!

post-1207-1117566995_thumb.jpg

Damn, Tony -- that sucks!

After all you've done, I'd almost rather have MY bike stolen.

Please keep us apprised of the situation, and when you find the bastard who did this -- KILL him!

Bastards!

Sorry to hear your bad news mate- I hope you get it back in one piece.

Let me know if you need to borrow any blunt implements to help remove the thief's testicles when you catch him.

Guy :helmet:

Guest dolph

What can you do with a v11 moto guzzi. I would imagine it would be fairly hard to unload with out being noticed.

Does anybody know what the recovery rate is for a v11 is?

Sorry to hear the news and hope you get it back.

What can you do with a v11 moto guzzi.  I would imagine it would be fairly hard to unload with out being noticed.

53157[/snapback]

Unfortunately ebay is what most thieves do with the stuff that cant be traced. Like the Corbin seat & Ti pipes, keep an eye out on ebay for its parts.

What can you do with a v11 moto guzzi.  I would imagine it would be fairly hard to unload with out being noticed.

53157[/snapback]

No, but the salvage value for an 01 is $2850.

The fast bikes/burnout/extreme riders steal these bikes, do their crazy stunts, destroy the bikes and move on to the next one (you didn't think they use their own bikes for those underground videos did you?). It happened to Paul Quadras Sport 1100i two years ago. It was pretty bent up from being wheelied over backwards. It didn't even make it very far from where he lives in S.F. The bike was totalled.

Sorry I don't have better news. Yours may turn up unscathed. I certainly hope so.

That's awful news :(

Frankly I too am surprised anyone bothers to steal these bikes, as they are so 'esoteric' and 'anacronistic' to most folks looking to steal bikes. They usually are on the hunt for what they can ride "fanatically" or is in style to sell. The Guzzi usually doesn't qualify for either of these in their eyes.

But I'll tell ya, the SF Bay area may be a "rider's paradise" and "motorcycling Nirvana", but along with that comes high theft rates. I have never lived anywhere, or noticed online, anywhere else where bikes just disappear from driveways and parking lots as frequently as they do here :wacko:

It's literally almost a weekly event on local forums where someone posts the sad news that their bike was stolen, or an attempt was made.

Drop by www.bayarearidersforum.com (...yes, "BARF" :P ) and add your bike to their stolen bikes "database". Also do the same at www.southbayriders.com, perhaps in the General or Moto Guzzi sections. You'll get a lot of "eyeballs on the road" attention there, more than here, especially SF Bay centric.

Good luck retrieving the bike though :thumbsup: I don't want to be all doom an gloom though, so I'll mention that it was only last year where someone on the forum here had their LeMans stolen, only to find it parked a few blocks away because the theives apparently couldn't figure out how to get it started. So maybe that cursed safety switch circuit is good for something anyway :P

BTW, they just announced LoJack for motorcycles recently. I may look into that after we move, as regular alarms are pretty useless.

al

Guest DanielCooper
Hay my bike was stollen frome my drivway last night ! so anybody in the SF bay area please keep you eyes out, its a 03 v11 naked green , black fenders and tail section, ti pipes, and a corban seat !!!

53149[/snapback]

Stolen in Alameda ? From your driveway ??? What is the world coming to ? I will put out the word in SF. Maybe you should share some frame and engine numbers so if any parts are for sale around we can ID them.

Wow, that takes the cake...if it shows up here, it will be easy to spot. k

If you have frame, engine and/or transmission case numbers, it might be worthwhile to contact eBay and notify them that you expect stolen parts to show up there.

Guest rrbasso

Just some more info thanks for keeping a eye out, Shit this sucks I love my bike :(

2003 Moto Guzzi Lime Green

Black fenders and tail section

Corbian seat

Lic # 17B2690

Frame # ZGAKRAKRX3M115048

Just some more info thanks for keeping a eye out, Shit this sucks I love my bike :(

53179[/snapback]

That sucks big time Tony, sorry to hear for your loss. I have my yearly insurance bill to send in next month, your pain makes it easier to write out that check.

Did anything ever happen on the guy from Europe (Jean Marc) bike turning up? maybe I messed him posting it's recovery???

Guest blingbling*

That totally f***in suck ass....I live in the Bay Area and am in SF working every day...I'll keep my eyes well peeled..I have a similar bike though it's silver...put an ad on Craigslist too...heartbreakin indeed...

:angry: