Suck This

Enzo

I was on the way to the Seattle VME meeting tonight. First, some of us Crow got together at Greg Field's for some burgers with onion and bacon - and Sweet Baby Ray's blue cheese and foi gras on crackers. Then on over to the Vintage meeting. One my way I crossed over the Viaduct which drops down to a left-hander and then on to a quarter mile flat where cops can't hide very well. Recently, Greg had changed out my fork seals and oil, and we dropped the triple trees down a quarter inch over the forks. Much quicker steering - which was already pretty darn quick......I wanted to see how the stability was at high speed, so I dropped the V11 'Cobra' down into fifth and opened it up. I shifted into sixth as I rushed by cars like they were standing still. Approaching a hill I sat up and coasted....looked down and saw 108 mph posted, so I knew I must have been going pretty good. At the next light I checked my Sigma computer to see what I had done and saw the following. Not bad. Not even close to being spun out yet. Very stable, too. How can you beat a Guzzi?

134.JPG

I guess some people don't swallow. :vomit:

Enzo we need pics of the Cobra custom exhaust! :pic:

I imagine with some Mike Rich Stage two porting, cams, pistons and something to raise your redline we could see you doing 150+

And then we need pics of you going through the traps at Bonneville :helmet:

Man, how'd you do that? My sofa won't pull past 11 mph. Seriously, where did you attach the sensor for the bike speedo on you wheel? k

Yes, my couch is very fast! The Sigma is wonderful and I know a couple of you use it. You can get one at a bicycle shop for about 30 bucks. You attach a small magnet to your front rim and the reader on the front break somewhere - enter in the appropriate number that corresponds to a 17 inch wheel etc. I no longer have a dash at all - no idiot lights, no speedo, no tach etc. The Sigma is strapped on where the ignition switch used to be (don't have one of those either!) They easily twist on and off when you bring it inside the coffee shop and look at all the readings it puts out......

I WILL get another pic of my Cobra pipes - maybe this weekend. I have the FBF pistons, an oil baffle plate designed by Pete Roper and Greg Field, K&Ns, and of course my two-into-one pipe. With this combination it makes much stronger TOP end power - not middle in my case.

The track? I should. I showed my wife this reading of 134 and she began to understand what happens with the V11 on the road. She suggested I start going to track days and save myself. I said, "That's expensive, like 200 bucks per day." She said, "A nursing home is like 200 bucks per hour!!!!"

good one......

Enzo, you have to take these readings with a small grain of salt- the Sigma computer uses a speed algorithim that can miscalculate occasionally. It's reported mid 90's mph on my Eldorado while I was really doing 63 or 64. Not sure why, because it doesn't seem to be a simple harmonic :huh2: and it only seems to happen under acceleration.

120 is the fastest I've taken the V11, and I put a sigma on there as well. I certainly agree with you that they are a nice investment.

Oh, and track days are not necessarily over $200. I just got back from one and got a couple adverts for $100-150/day. Look around and try one or two- they're worth trying even if only once.

Oh, and track days are not necessarily over $200.  I just got back from one and got a couple adverts for $100-150/day.  Look around and try one or two- they're worth trying even if only once.

53286[/snapback]

Same goes for nursing home

• 4 weeks later...
Enzo we need pics of the Cobra custom exhaust!  :pic:

53268[/snapback]

Come on Enzo, I'll show you mine:

overseatphipes2hj.jpg

I am gonna get them ceramic coated and wrapped so I won't have to keep checking in the hospital with second degree burns.

Great mod, D! It'll look fab when you get the cans on. You're probably tempted to go for Quat D, for practicality, but I think you should stick to your guns: megaphones would look nice. What sort of mpg do you reckon you get with this set-up?

Wicked D! Love those pipes - they look like snakes. You should call them the "rattlers". I bet you are gonna get 5-10hp increase easy! That v11 should be able to make it to 160-170mph with those high TT pipes. Instantaneous speeds now attainable. If you paint it God awful colors it will go even faster as it tries to escape itself.

Now all you need is a Sigma to overestimate your speed and a camera to record it all when you wrack it up.

Oh, and a lawyer to get you out of speeding tickets without telling you how he did it...

Forget the cans, just pipe the exhaust directly into your helmet. The fumes will make you think you are going even faster!

Rj