Rossi, Rossi and...Rossi

antonio carroccio

I think you guys have it all wrong. Mr. Rossi will retire in boredom after the latest contract in 2008, and join Ferrari in F1. He will join English legend Sir John Surtees as the only men to be champions at bike and car.

Ciao, Steve G.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

What a masterclass by Rossi today! Those wet conditions must have been terrible to ride in but he just rode off into the distance. Must have been about 10 fallers in the Moto GP race.

125 and 250 races were entertaining too.

:race:

Yes, great race in terrible conditions. :wacko: I know some are tired of seeing Rossi win all the time but when you see what he was able to on a day like today it makes it perfectly clear why they call him the doctor. :notworthy:

Also AMA Superbike was great because my man Eric Bostrom won on his Ducati. :rasta: He's not on the podium very often but I love to watch him because he makes the most of whatever he rides. :grin:

I do realize that some, perhaps many see the domination of Mr. Rossi as a pain in the ass. Just bare in mind that we all are witnessing history here, that we are all watching the greastest roadracer of all time during his prime years. He is simply the best ever, I now realize this, even with my favourite of all time Mike Hailwood, this Rossi fellow is quite simply on another level entirely. Nicky, Colin, Sete, Alex, any of them, on any bike, not a chance. Heck even arrogant Mick Doohan has said this guy is the best ever.

Ciao, Steve G.

A real treat to watch the man who finally has it all - even wet weather dominance. The last person I saw with near this level of quality and the ability to recover from mega slides was Jarno Saarinen and that was a long long time ago.

What a cool bloke - he even lives in London

VALENTINO ROSSI :thumbsup: yesterday was something else - like Guzzirider said - masterclass. He seems to have such exquisite feel for what the bike's doing, the throttle, grip....& he's such a good racer, the others just look bemused...it's like he says "show us your best" - then "well - see ya"... :thumbsup:

I don't think you can say anyone is the best of all time cos things are not comparable but for now he's in a class of one.

KB :sun:

Shoot- I missed the big GP yesterday. I did manage to catch the 250cc GP, and what a show that was. Amazing riding by the top three finishers (De Punier, West, Stoner). Lot's of good slides, one fellow went completely off the track, through the grass, back onto the track (narrowly missing the #2 rider) and still got in the top 3 finish. Holy crap.

Shoot- I missed the big GP yesterday.  I did manage to catch the 250cc GP, and what a show that was.  Amazing riding by the top three finishers (De Punier, West, Stoner).  Lot's of good slides, one fellow went completely off the track, through the grass, back onto the track (narrowly missing the #2 rider) and still got in the top 3 finish.  Holy crap.

56757[/snapback]

The was Randy DePuniet.

He didn't just finish top 3,

he hunted the ozzies down and won the race.

Amazing guy! :race:

Rossi's training regiment before Donington....pernaud, puff and chips!

no wonder he's doing so well!! :thumbsup:

56765[/snapback]

Kinda harkens back to the Lampkin lads in the 70's. A late night out at the pub...a couple winks of sleep...up bleary-eyed the next morning to compete in World Championship Trials :D

Then there's Joel Robert whose idea of training was beer and ciggies :drink:

didn't seem to slow him down much :D