orangeokie

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest lowgloss

This is an interesting topic as I also considered getting rid of my V11 and replacing it with the new Griso.

I have a new Triumph S3 which I ordered as soon as I saw it last Sept. When it finally arrived end of March this year, I am afraid that was the end of the road for my V11.

I love the looks of my V11 especially since I painted it, but it now feels "broken" after I ride my S3. I now have a bike that I like the appearance of but is redundant in my stable. The only reason I have kept it up to now is that my girlfriend prefers to ride pillion on the V11 and not the S3 so much.

I then came to the conclusion that a Griso would not be that much better or different than my V11 that I would use it any more than the S3.

Maybe I should move the Harley out of the dining room and put the V11 in there cos it is a beautiful bike to look at.

The Scura is the bike for me - love the matt black finish which looks great with the Öhlins. The bikini fairing didn't do me any good as I'm a lanky chap. After mounting the V11 LeMans fairing she looks better than ever IMO.

photo-1087.jpg

As for the new models I'm kinda fallen in love with the Breva 1100. I'm trying to persuade my wife to buy one for herself (...and maybe I could take it for an occassional spin :P ). The Griso also looks great but I don't really have a need for a citybike/Monster-look-alike. Then rather go for the full monty and get a Monster 1000 Dark.

And then we have the MGS... :sun: This is how a future V11 should look like. I really fancy the 4-valve engine albeit I haven't tried one yet. Smooth looking :mg:

Søren

post-1630-1125605621_thumb.jpg

I guess no, I would still buy the V11 I have. I don't think the reliability of the later bikes is any better, and I have come to the opinion that the last of the pre-Aprilia red frame green bikes like mine, is the definitive V11. It is the best looking for sure. I have put the little Motomecca flyscreen on mine, the colour match was nigh on perfect, and it gives enough wind protection without spoiling the minimalist look of the naked bike.

I'm not sure. I've been through 15 bikes in my short ( :P ) riding career and find myself constantly willing to swap what's in the garage. (I'm pretty loyal compared to my friend, however, 35 bikes and counting!).

I guess I get restless for something new all the time. Don't think I'd trade what I got for anything else in the Guzzi lineup. Next bike I hope will simply handle better right out of the box than any Guzzi they're offering right now.........only MG gets so many of the other pieces so RIGHT, I'm sure I'll be back to an MG in the future if I do get rid of it. (this is my 3rd Guzzi anyway).

I'll prolly keep this one for a long time, if only because I've invested so much time and money working all the bugs out and making it as perfect for me as I could. I'll never recoup even a goodly portion of that effort, so might as well keep it and run it into the ground..............(an impossible task on a sorted Guzzi..........call me at 120,000 miles, eh? :grin: )

The most expensive of the 'upgrade' work I've done makes my Scura seem more like the Cafe Sport (sorted Ohlins, bar risers), but the flat black Scura with white instruments looks a lot better to me than the newer one, and the new Scura R is just plain fugly.

Just sold my BMW RT-P last week, showing how little loyalty I have. That bike was in the garage for less than a season ! :D Need to replace it with something, tho.....maybe I made room for a Cali variant?? Like they say in the MLB Baseball commercials, I love this game :P

Dan

Heh :) , First of all I like all Guzzis some more some less.

I would buy the same bike that I have again and that's no other than the Sport 1100ie CORSA, It has all I need in terms of construction, ridability, beauty, and I can't think of myself riding another bike right now.

After 16 months of ownership and 30K km it is like love for the first time every time I get on the seat. a200.gif

:helmet:

Guest goosesport

Well, I've got a green one with the Magni fairing and I know it will still look good decades from now.

The Breva doesn't light any fires -- if I wanted something looking that sensible it would be a Fazer 1000.

Other Guzzi? It would have to be a Ghezzi-Brian Furia

http://www.ghezzi-brian.com/models_furia.htm#

Best of all would be the Guzzi v-8 race bike -- free admission to the Goodwood festival for sure.

Larry

Hampshire

Well, I've got a green one with the Magni fairing and I know it will still look good decades from now.

The Breva doesn't light any fires -- if I wanted something looking that sensible it would be a Fazer 1000.

Other Guzzi? It would have to be a Ghezzi-Brian Furia

http://www.ghezzi-brian.com/models_furia.htm#

Best of all would be the Guzzi v-8 race bike -- free admission to the Goodwood festival for sure.

Larry

Hampshire

59169[/snapback]

Theres a Furia on ebay right now if you want one lol

...a '93 Daytona...a tonti Lemans - 18 inch wheels...an older California with bags...my old '79 SP (buy back)...and a Supertwin. Now you guys have donw it...I have to build another garage!

Guest ratchethack
I reckon I'm happy with the one I have.

WHAT, Jason?!?! Do you mean to say that you haven't been conditioned to be a slave to an unrelenting, unquenchable, burning itch in the pit of your belly that compels you beyond all self control to posess the latest, greatest new mega-horsepower Belchfire 5000 Hippopotamus Sled with the widest yet, ridiculously-bloated-into-absurdity rear tire?!?!?!

Just what kind of a captive consumer lemming are you?!?! :lol:

I'm not keen on the look of the new bikes, although I am very happy to see them arrive for MG's sake and future health :thumbsup:

But that being said, if I had to make a choice again, I would have liked to have known about the 2003+ spec changes and waited a few months after buying my 2002 LeMans.

Of course I've changed or added so many 2003+ features now, that I really have some frankenstein "near 2003 spec Champagne Corsa" :rolleyes:

Although I do like my "champagne" color quite a lot :blush:

But all-in-all, I like the V11 derived models, and am not interested in any of the new MG bikes.

al