If you had it to do over again

orangeokie

With the new Breva 1100 and Griso coming into the market, not to mention the Stunning Coppa Italia, Rosso/Nera Corsa, and Scura/Cafe Sport . . . would anyone trade their current Guzzi for one of those mentioned above?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would'nt trade my V11 for any of those.

I must admit though, given time to get used to the Lemans fairing, I would trade up to one of those, IF, IF, the color scheme was all the same color, not the two tone red/black or gold/grey. Otherwise, the green V11 is a keeper for me.

Ciao, Steve G.

I would'nt trade my V11 for any of those.

I must admit though, given time to get used to the Lemans fairing, I would trade up to one of those, IF, IF, the color scheme was all the same color, not the two tone red/black or gold/grey. Otherwise, the green V11 is a keeper for me.

Ciao, Steve G.

59083[/snapback]

So the fairing makes that much difference? You are the second MG owner (other Scura owner) who told me that.

I would not.

I don't like to think of myself as vain, shallow or overly concerned with aesthetics, but yes the reason is purely the aesthetics. :D

And for what it is worth, I don't really like fairings.

Of course I am in San Diego :sun:

That being said, I see the need for others to have a full faired sport touring machine with matching luggage, and would consider one for a second bike.

I would have bought a 1100 Sporti ten years ago. Still love the look over the V11 Lemans, though I think the V11 is better put together :grin: and more suited for my general riding.

If I had to replace mine today e.g insurance payout I would go for exactly the same V11 Lemans Grigo Titanium.

I prefer the Lemans style, fairing and clip ons.

I find the nero corsa too gaudy with the flag paint work, couldn't utalise the ohlins, and too fat the best weight saving would be around my middle as opposed to the front mudguard. I'm not so keen on the red and black comninations of the other current variations

I like the Red & Silver and Tenni but not keen on the mark 1 style tank. Having said that I have a Bagster cover (tank bra) on permanantly

Being a bit of an Adonis asthetics are very important to me :D:D:D

I've seen some very nice V11s with fly screens and clip ons and would go for thoses over the billybob.

So -- NO,

I would think the decision would be led by whats available.

:!: Theres allways the darkside of R1100S or R1150GS to be wary of or 955i Daytona like the idea of Thruxton but too slow :!:

I would not swap my V11 for anything else- it is ideal for continental jaunts and the motor on mine is well set up and very sweet.

Now for my confession- I have sold my Jackal to my stepfather (my Mum rides pillion) and I have ordered a brand new HD Fatboy.

Recent events have convinced me to gently cruise now when I am on a public road and the Harely will keep me slow.

V11 is still number one wife and will regularly taken to Europe as usual and take part in the odd trackday and hillclimb.

There- I have admitted it- am I expelled from the forum?!!

Guy :helmet:

Guest redguzziv10

i only got converted to the v-twin faith relatively late in life.

if i could start again i would have saved up for an S3

and then stuck it in the corner of my lounge in place of the TV. :grin:

With the new Breva 1100 and Griso coming into the market, not to mention the Stunning Coppa Italia, Rosso/Nera Corsa, and Scura/Cafe Sport . . . would anyone trade their current Guzzi for one of those mentioned above?

59081[/snapback]

In short, no. The V11 is a classic - especially the 1999 model in green/red :thumbsup:.

As nice as the new Breva V1100 is, both in form and function, it would never replace it. If I was limited to just one bike it would be the V11.

I was lucky enough to marry a brilliant lady :wub: who insists that I have more than one bike....

I certainly wouldn't buy any of that shabby lot, mind you if I had my time again I would of bought a Mk I Lemon with the 'Factory Race kit' which I could of then put away for thirty years and recouped the cost of the bike by selling it on Fleabay :grin:

Pete

So the fairing makes that much difference?  You are the second MG owner (other Scura owner) who told me that.

59084[/snapback]

I guess the two main reasons are to do with comfort only. I find the handlebar layout to be a bit better for long days. And because this engine has the ability to cruise quite effortlessly at speeds over 135kmhr, the fairing just makes more sense to reduce fatigue. My riding tends to be of longer jaunts, rather than town "cruising".

I still believe the asthetic design of the Lemans fairing could have been made nicer looking considering the country of origin of this machine. To me this fairing shares some design elements with the fairing of the early 80's Suzuki GS1150 ES, which is widely regarded as one of the ugliest machines ever put on the road. That said, I will say that other elements of the fairing are borrowed from the Magni fairing, which I find to be very nice, and works well with the existing V11 bodywork. Why Moto Guzzi didn't borrow more elements from the earlier developed Magni kit we will never know. But what an opportunity they had to make a real show stopper!

I think the V11 standard in flash green will always be the V11 people remember and think about when asked about the V11, and will end up being the one collectors go for in 10-15 yrs. Puting a fairing on these was the natural progression of the V11 format, and I think has made the machine easier to use, and easier on the body, which, considering the average age of the motorcyclists these days, is something even Moto Guzzi must be thinking about. Just look at the comfort level of the Breva.

It's just too bad the Breva, at this point anyways, just doesn't have "The Look", if you guys know what I mean. Sure it's probably a better bike that the spine frame V11. A Breva is not a bike that makes me look back for a final look before I close the garage door.

The Griso? Well, this machine I consider a bandwagon jumper. Another in the new "power cruiser" format, which for the most part I find rather silly as a concept. But they have to go where the market dictates I guess. It will be interesting to see how Guzzi's old pushrod girl stands up against some of these significantly higher output "power cruiers", like the V-Rod, and the like, which apart from what your thoughts are on looks [ I think the Vrod is stupid looking] there is no denying the grunt they are getting out of them. I'm thinking that, much like previous Guzzi models, the Griso will attract primarily 'Moto Guzzi people', and will not attract others, because the stats will not show the big power/torque of others.

Ciao, Steve G.

It's too early to say on reliability/build quality but if it's solid as it looks, the new Breva has got to be the way forward. All new gbox is far better - slick as Jap. The rear s/a/drive is much more sophisticated & lets the rear suspension work much better. Weight is moved forward which must improve handling. It's very comfortable, seat feels great. Pannier brkts are neatest I ever seen, it even has angled tyre valves std. It looks a very well thought out bike.

I didn't think the Breva felt as torquey or powerful as a V11, but not by much & I'm sure that intake/exhaust/PC111 could improve that. Looks better in life than in pix & body work, bars etc can be changed. I'd like to see a sports version using new running gear.

I'm keeping my Scura. I love the looks, & it goes well. I don't do much touring or town. Ridden hard, handling is limited by the short s/a, heavy drive box & rearward weight bias but it's nonetheless pretty good & very stable under constant throttle in fast turns. The fact that the new bikes have a completely redesigned gbox makes me wonder how solid mine is longterm. V11 has had some quality control issues & these may be sorted now for the new models, but who knows.

But whatever Guzzi you may get, essentially they're more similar to each other than to any other bike out there. If you get on with it you'll love it.

KB :sun:

Guest PAULSMART

If I had to do it over again... I would still buy my greenie V11 - but with the knowlege of hindsight I would submitted dozens of warranty claims within the first 6 months in order to stop all the paint falling off :lol:

In other words - I would like to have stripped and repainted a brand new bike

Paul

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'm about to prove that axiom. The Guzzis that appeal to me are the ones that my eye says have that timeless classic beauty that will remain attractive 10, 20, 40 years from now. Over the course of it history Guzzi has built a number of machines that fit this description. The company has also manufactured a number of mostly forgettable dogs that don't stir the imagination. To me the V11Sport and Lemans series exhibit that timeless beauty that never fails to stir the soul. The Breva does not. It looks utilitarian and somewhat German in form. Personal top choice would be the V11Lemans in red and black or all black. It is an instant classic. For me the fancy paint jobs detract from the classic lines.

There are also lots of historic Guzzis that fit the classic mold.

Joe

I would not trade-in either of my Guzzi's for the mentioned bikes. The green V11 I believe will go down in history as one the all time most unique and beautiful motorcycles.

V11_5_26_05_b.jpg

goose6.jpg

Can't have only one.