The best Exhaust ??

sharky

Guest Steve_W
...you can even get a sparkly version to impress the 3-5year age group and all the bling guys down at the local hangout.

70610[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol:

I love it! Droll, with just the right amount of sarcasm to make the truth funny. Well done!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those Roo pipes are Astronomically expensive aprox $1400 for the pair then you need to mount them and maybe bend some pipe. WHOA. I'll get the MG kit for 1100 anyday. Tho the Roo's do look nice and if you have a single pipe bike not a bad idea.

Hi there Sharky.

Maybe I am writing a bit late and you have pipes...just to let you know I went for the titanium Moto Guzzi pipes with the ECU...I have even had 2 Ducati riders say it sounds better than a ducati.  so, the pipes get my thumbs up, not to loud and just fantastic.  Smoother too and makes the bike feel lighter and more responsive.

Cheers

Trevor

70744[/snapback]

I must agree with you 100% I have the same ti kit on my naked and many people tell me it sounds like a V8 muscle car. Its not obnoxiously loud but it will set off most car alarms in the city! HeHeHe. Its just a deep basso-profundo sound sort of like an approaching thunderstorm. :mg: BTW any MotoGuzzi sounds better than a Ducati!

I must agree with you 100% I have the same ti kit on my naked and many people tell me it sounds like a V8 muscle car. Its not obnoxiously loud but it will set off most car alarms in the city! HeHeHe. Its just a deep basso-profundo sound sort of like an approaching thunderstorm. :mg: BTW any MotoGuzzi sounds better than a Ducati!

70790[/snapback]

MY FBF CF cans and crossover(the Stucchi clone version) sound almost the same but a little louder I had it next to a Ti set and I was impressed with the overall look and performance of the Ti's but I never have a problem with louder the thing I love is they mellow out a bit at highway speeds just the midrange has the roar I oh so love. I've set off a couple car alarms. :bier:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest golden goose

When I changed my stock cans, there were not all that many choices available. So I decided to go all the way with what was. I ordered a set of Titanium oval Mistrals and a Mistral crossover from Agostinis.

Pulled the tank and replaced the stock filter win a K&N, and installed a PCII from the Seattle Guzzi dealer. Next a trip to Orange County Motorsports. There Mickey dynoed it all in. Max rear wheel horsepower was 79.

They look and sound awesome.

Does anyone know if the CF cans actually have a metal body beneath? Its hard to imagine the resin coating the fiber could withstand the heat the fiber can.

When I changed my stock cans, there were not all that many choices available.  So I decided to go all the way with what was.  I ordered a set of Titanium oval Mistrals and a Mistral crossover from Agostinis. 

Pulled the tank and replaced the stock filter win a K&N, and installed a PCII from the Seattle Guzzi dealer.  Next a trip to Orange County Motorsports.  There Mickey dynoed it all in.  Max rear wheel horsepower was 79. 

They look and sound awesome. 

Does anyone know if the CF cans actually have a metal body beneath?  Its hard to imagine the resin coating the fiber could withstand the heat the fiber can.

74483[/snapback]

As far as I can tell the CF is more of a "heat shield" than what its actually made out of. I'm sure the metal its covering is much thinner than if it was without. :huh2: So Maybe some are just a cover and some have some type of backing to them. The nice thing about the CF's is they don't ever get all that hot to the touch you wouldn't want to rest on'em but you can grab'em all you wanna. :whistle:

Guest golden goose

So a metal can wrapped in a blanket of CF insulation. Form over function. I thought that might be the case. Kind of like falsies or implants, right?

Interesting thing about Titanium cans are that even after a long hot ride, the cans are not all that hot, and it takes them a while to actually get hot, and no time at all to cool off. Same reason the skins of really high performance aircraft, like the SR-71, are made of the lightweight stuff. Strong and sheds heat extremely well. Function over form.

But they look good too. A discerning glance and you know you are not looking at either steel or aluminum. Form AND function.

Like titanium, CF is expensive. Using CF say as a hugger makes sense. As unsprung weight, it should be minimal. But it needs to be strong, and CF is reasonably strong. A rider I often see at Newcomb's Ranch replaced almost all of his bodywork with CF. Just because I was curious, I talked with the manufacturer of those parts and was told that this would save about 7 pounds over the stock panels. A good move for the track, but then this guy never goes to the track, even to watch a race. Since he is not that crash-hot of a rider, maybe the weight savings will be good for him, but this doesn't show on the dawn rides up to the ranch.

Replacing already lightweight and strong parts with expensive CF is about flash. Kind of like implants. A fairly obvious indicator of where a rider's head is at. Always good to know when you have to ride with them.

So a metal can wrapped in a blanket of CF insulation.  Form over function.  I thought that might be the case.  Kind of like falsies or implants, right?

Interesting thing about Titanium cans are that even after a long hot ride, the cans are not all that hot, and it takes them a while to actually get hot, and no time at all to cool off.  Same reason the skins of really high performance aircraft, like the SR-71, are made of the lightweight stuff.  Strong and sheds heat extremely well.  Function over form.

But they look good too.  A discerning glance and you know you are not looking at either steel or aluminum.  Form AND function. 

Like titanium, CF is expensive.  Using CF say as a hugger makes sense.  As unsprung weight, it should be minimal.  But it needs to be strong, and CF is reasonably strong.  A rider I often see at Newcomb's Ranch replaced almost all of his bodywork with CF.  Just because I was curious, I talked with the manufacturer of those parts and was told that this would save about 7 pounds over the stock panels.  A good move for the track, but then this guy never goes to the track, even to watch a race.  Since he is not that crash-hot of a rider, maybe the weight savings will be good for him, but this doesn't show on the dawn rides up to the ranch.

Replacing already lightweight and strong parts with expensive CF is about flash.  Kind of like implants.  A fairly obvious indicator of where a rider's head is at.  Always good to know when you have to ride with them.

74522[/snapback]

I think CF is more of a looks deal, I like the look so I have it as a small theme of the bike. Next time I'll probably go Titanium. But at the time CF is easier and actually cheaper than Ti fabricated or Ano Alum parts. :huh2: But over stock NOT on a track is almost, almost always a trick/looks thing. :ninja:

So a metal can wrapped in a blanket of CF insulation.  Form over function.  I thought that might be the case.  Kind of like falsies or implants, right?

Interesting thing about Titanium cans are that even after a long hot ride, the cans are not all that hot, and it takes them a while to actually get hot, and no time at all to cool off.  Same reason the skins of really high performance aircraft, like the SR-71, are made of the lightweight stuff.  Strong and sheds heat extremely well.  Function over form.

But they look good too.  A discerning glance and you know you are not looking at either steel or aluminum.  Form AND function. 

Like titanium, CF is expensive.  Using CF say as a hugger makes sense.  As unsprung weight, it should be minimal.  But it needs to be strong, and CF is reasonably strong.  A rider I often see at Newcomb's Ranch replaced almost all of his bodywork with CF.  Just because I was curious, I talked with the manufacturer of those parts and was told that this would save about 7 pounds over the stock panels.  A good move for the track, but then this guy never goes to the track, even to watch a race.  Since he is not that crash-hot of a rider, maybe the weight savings will be good for him, but this doesn't show on the dawn rides up to the ranch.

Replacing already lightweight and strong parts with expensive CF is about flash.  Kind of like implants.  A fairly obvious indicator of where a rider's head is at.  Always good to know when you have to ride with them.

74522[/snapback]

I agree with you, CF is mostly a looks thing. I personally like the look on our bikes, especially on the gray or black bikes. I think the CF fairing/front fender adds a nice look to my grigio naked. when I had a rosso mandello I personally wished the CF parts were made in that pretty red color instead of the CF, hey, but thats just me...

Those Roo pipes are Astronomically expensive aprox $1400 for the pair then you need to mount them and maybe bend some pipe. WHOA. I'll get the MG kit for 1100 anyday. Tho the Roo's do look nice and if you have a single pipe bike not a bad idea.

70778[/snapback]

$1400 AUD not USD oh bugger AUD is actually worth something now couple of years ago that would of set you back 700USD. Now its probally closer to $1000USD.

I have the FBF CF cans with Stucchi crossover as well, and really like the tone and most importantly the performance. I wouldn't even consider them loud at all, but they do sound great. I guess the best description is they sound like they belong on the bike.

.... although not specific to an "exhausts" conversation, I agree that for most street applications one could think of, CF is about fashion... which is fine, but there ya go :P

However, I do have two items on my 02 LeMans that are CF, and although I like them just fine, I didn't really want them to be CF.

First, my dashboard is CF, and it came that way from the factory, so who am I to complain :rolleyes:

Second, my front fender is CF. I DIDN'T want a CF front fender, but when I fitted the Ohlins front forks, the regular ABS fender on the Sport/LeMans would not fit... only the Guzzi CF unit would :bbblll: So there ya go on that too :whistle:

:D

.... although not specific to an "exhausts" conversation, I agree that for most street applications one could think of, CF is about fashion... which is fine, but there ya go  :P

However, I do have two items on my 02 LeMans that are CF, and although I like them just fine, I didn't really want them to be CF.

First, my dashboard is CF, and it came that way from the factory, so who am I to complain  :rolleyes:

Second, my front fender is CF.  I DIDN'T want a CF front fender, but when I fitted the Ohlins front forks, the regular ABS fender on the Sport/LeMans would not fit... only the Guzzi CF unit would  :bbblll:  So there ya go on that too  :whistle:

:D

74586[/snapback]

come on admit it al, youre dressing her up like a prize pig at the fair. Don't be so modest. :grin:

mg2.jpg

:ninja: I thought I would like CF more than I did (looking back) I wish I could goto Ti but whats done is done and I'm not changing unless something fell in my lap or a trade was worked out. lil part monetary, lil part laziness. :rasta:

Hi guys,

I still have my stock Exhaust on my 2003 Lemans.

I'm thinking about saving up for the titanium Rosopurro exhaust like on this bike.

http://www.v11lemans.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=66

Have you got other suggestions for new pipes, considering the sound, weight an hp's?

I'd like to hear from your experiences.

:huh:  :mg: ciao

59497[/snapback]

I have the MAP carbon cans and like the others, they sound great, somewhat louder than stock but not annoying. I'm considering a crossover. Can anyone tell me if that change will increase noise much more?