The best Exhaust ??

sharky

Are you talking about the 2002 Le Mans crossover or does that apply also to the 2003?

64667[/snapback]

I imagine that the stock crossover is the same and that the only difference is the added balance pipe on later models. I don't think that the header pipe makes much difference to the sound volume??

Apart from fitting straight-through cans, the big difference is definitely fitting an open bore crossover instead of the stock part – and removing the air-box lid.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please post the file with standard x-over also as mp3 on this page?

64495[/snapback]

L.

I'll try to remember to do this at the weekend.

DB

Yesterday my set of Guzzi Titaniums was delivered. On the first look all is very beautiful, light, shiny, no scratches. On the second look I was a bit disapointed, especially when I thought what I would have had to pay if they were from the dealer.

The quality is far beyond that what I would expect for well over 1000,- Euros.

I will make photos and post them over weekend.

Looking at these parts I remembered the Giannelli system that I saw last year in Holland. Does anybody know what they cost?

Hubert

I imagine that the stock crossover is the same and that the only difference is the added balance pipe on later models. I don't think that the header pipe makes much difference to the sound volume??

Apart from fitting straight-through cans, the big difference is definitely fitting an open bore crossover instead of the stock part – and removing the air-box lid.

64668[/snapback]

So you would suggest Stucchi rossover and mistral cans, or mistral crossover also?

Are these modifications producing "holes" somewhere?

With the original setting I can use my Le Mans at whatever rpm and it is fluent, especially when I am riding in the city I really enjoy that I can ride at 2000pm and simply open the gas when I need to pass a car, will those modifications affect this?

So you would suggest Stucchi rossover and mistral cans, or mistral crossover also?

Are these modifications producing "holes" somewhere?

With the original setting I can use my Le Mans at whatever rpm and it is fluent, especially when I am riding in the city I really enjoy that I can ride at 2000pm and simply open the gas when I need to pass a car, will those modifications affect this?

64846[/snapback]

I am happy with the way that mine runs throughout the range. It is certainly better than the stock set-up. No big holes in the performence. Fluency may be (???) improved with the addition of a PClll, sometime in the distant future???

MG Ti pipes, the Ti kit (race) ECU, Stucchi crossover and K&N airfilter with half the airbox lid removed.

It goes great in the city, especially when passing cars!

• 2 weeks later...

As a part of the deal when I bought the Coppa Italia, I negotiated to get the MG Titanium pipes... now it is about time to take the bike in and have them put on. Searching this thread, nobody seems to have gone with the MG version of the Ti pipes. Any reason?

As a part of the deal when I bought the Coppa Italia, I negotiated to get the MG Titanium pipes... now it is about time to take the bike in and have them put on.  Searching this thread, nobody seems to have gone with the MG version of the Ti pipes.  Any reason?

66777[/snapback]

:!: Lots of people have! :P

Have a look at the previous post:

"I am happy with the way that mine runs ......MG Ti pipes, the Ti kit (race) ECU, etc"

There are quite a few threads about this stuff :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Hey V50Man, we are still waiting for you to dyno test your bike, or Frankie Chilie, if he is reading this...

60027[/snapback]

v50man / frankie100chilie.....are you out there? I searched the forums but didn't see where you ever posted dyno results from the newer style Quat-D. Any chance you have any additional info? We're all curious.

cheers

No dyno -- Butt dyno tells me good things.

Perhaps in the Spring when I go with the K&N. Low end is MASSIVELY improved.

I don't spend time above 100 much, so I cannot speak to that.

v50

Ramon61 put the Quat-D on his.  Perhaps he has had it dynoed...

70286[/snapback]

I just put one on at the end of this season. I'm planning to have a map made in the spring (~ May) and will post the results here if people are still interested.

I was running a Ferracci open air box mod + pipes + custom mapped PCIII and was happy except for scraping the mufflers on track days. That just scares the $@#$ out of me, so I bought a Quat-D (with the cat included) from Filippo at Firestarter Garage (great guy btw).

It needed a stack of washers to mount on my Sport Nekid - see the pic; I'm guessing the hanger is designed for an earlier model (mine's an 02 sold as 03).

Quat_D_pic1.jpg

The sound is pretty nice; a bit quieter than the Ferraccis, but still louder than stock. Somewhat metallic, but not enough to sound tinny.

My only complaint is that I scraped the exhaust pipe (arrow) in a right-hander the first ride out; on the street! I plan to cut it down or deform it to sort this out; I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that's done/contemplated this.

Quat_D_pic2.jpg

It needed a stack of washers to mount on my Sport Nekid - see the pic; I'm guessing the hanger is designed for an earlier model (mine's an 02 sold as 03).

70366[/snapback]

I had the earlier muffler, and it is different.

img00065dx.jpg

V50Man should know.

My only complaint is that I scraped the exhaust pipe (arrow) in a right-hander the first ride out; on the street!  I plan to cut it down or deform it to sort this out; I'd be interested in hearing from anyone that's done/contemplated this.

Quat_D_pic2.jpg

70366[/snapback]

The washers don't look right. The pot has its back hanging, this looks not as I'd like it to look.

Do you think you could bend the front inlet tubes a bit, so that the back could come up to where it should be? The contour should follow the tire as well.

Hubert

The washers don't look right. The pot has its back hanging, this looks not as I'd like it to look.

Do you think you could bend the front inlet tubes a bit, so that the back could come up to where it should be? The contour should follow the tire as well.

Hubert

70467[/snapback]

I agree that it would look better with the back raised and the bottom of the muffler parallel to the ground.

The front tubes are not the problem. The mounting brackets on the frame are the problem. They do not allow the muffer to be positioned any closer to the frame without cutting or grinding them down. I think this can be seen in the photo...

Quat_D_pic3.jpg