The best Exhaust ??

sharky

I don't think he has to bend anything.

He just needs to put the washers below the bracket that they rest on, rather than above.

My guess is the washers are supposed to be a rubber bushing, that is missing.

70496[/snapback]

I scratched my head over this, until I realized the main issue: the FRAME brackets prevent raising the muffer to where it should be. The brackets hit the top of the muffer before it's situated "properly".

I added spacers to get the muffler bracket to nest into the frame bracket and provide a little clearance between the frame bracket and top of muffler.

It looks like a design flaw to me, at least for this muffler/bike combo.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the design flaw theory -- mine hangs lower than I would like.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but I had a freak (non-motorcycle) accident Sunday and have no feeling in my right hand as a result. I'm right handed, so it aint easy.

Hopefully, nerve microsurgery is where it should be.

Anyway, the Quat-D could easily sit a bit higher.

Take care.

v50

Get well soon and good luck for the surgery. You can need it probably.

Hubert

70520[/snapback]

Thanks -- but I'd still recommend this exhaust. Sound with the catalyser out is musical.

v50

I agree with the design flaw theory -- mine hangs lower than I would like.

Sorry it took so long for me to respond, but I had a freak (non-motorcycle) accident Sunday and have no feeling in my right hand as a result.  I'm right handed, so it aint easy.

Hopefully, nerve microsurgery is where it should be.

70516[/snapback]

Mine's droopy too, but we're talking bout the muffer here, right? I'm happy with my Quat-D and plan to be happier when I fix it so it stops scraping.

Really sorry to hear about your hand; I hope you press for the best doctors you can find. Good wrench + good tools = happy machine. Good luck!

Easily.  Drill out the rivets -- pull it out -- and re-seal with the supplied metal plate.

10 minutes -- tops.

70523[/snapback]

anything happens to my mufflers or grow tired of them maybe? and I'm so getting one of these set-ups I imagine they sound really good in person compared to a sound file.

To recommend a hammer is probably not that what really brings you a step forward, eh?

That's too bad, I was just getting interested in this exhaust. Thank you for the hint.

Hubert

70519[/snapback]

As written in an old BSA manual: " if stuck, dont use force. Use a bigger hammer"

Best sounding well my 1100 sport has the full Termignoni race system for the Daytona sound out of this world at full throttle riding by its sounds closer to a Merlin V12 than anything else cabon fibre round cans stainless system. Power on a proper dyno and not those rolling inertial POS's put out by dyno jet I have 74hp at the rear wheel out of a stock motor athough overall hp is probally not the ultimate it has phat midrange.

Talking to the local termi importer I got the impression that of you threw enough money at Termi they would dig out the jigs and knock out another one upon request (no longer in regular production). The previous owner forked out for these ones I'm not sure that I would for my particular bike mainly because the price would be close to a third the value of the bike but they are very very nice to have.

:helmet:

I've seen a couple of 1100s with the Terrmigioni system- you're right- that's a beautiful note.

70570[/snapback]

Those are by far my favorite out of any exhaust BUT like you said when I looked into it a set I found virtually nothing and I'm not handy enough to try and go something like that alone. Also the price was through the roof for the little I did find. Why can't I get that money tree to grow out back....damn MN weather...bout 1ft today whitestuff.

It would depend if you wanted the full system or just the can's. Termi usallyt alors thier exhuast to the bike pretty exactly so bending stuff and messing around is not usally an issue unless you want to keep uneacasy stuff like pillion pegs and rear indicators. Race bikes don't have them you see so we dona make our race systems to accomodate them :helmet: . The very last of the 1100 sports ie the sport corsa's had a oval set of cans as standard fit so you might be able to find a listing that way that will mate up to the stock system. Personally for sound the carbon cans are pretty hard to go past IMO. Now I haven't heard these on a Guzzi but they are locally made and seem to be pretty reasnobly priced Roo Racing and you can even get a sparkly version to impress the 3-5year age group and all the bling guys down at the local hangout.

Hi there Sharky.

Maybe I am writing a bit late and you have pipes...just to let you know I went for the titanium Moto Guzzi pipes with the ECU...I have even had 2 Ducati riders say it sounds better than a ducati. so, the pipes get my thumbs up, not to loud and just fantastic. Smoother too and makes the bike feel lighter and more responsive.

Cheers

Trevor

Hi guys,

I still have my stock Exhaust on my 2003 Lemans.

I'm thinking about saving up for the titanium Rosopurro exhaust like on this bike.

http://www.v11lemans.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=66

Have you got other suggestions for new pipes, considering the sound, weight an hp's?

I'd like to hear from your experiences.

:huh:  :mg: ciao

59497[/snapback]