The best Exhaust ??

sharky

I have the MAP carbon cans and like the others, they sound great, somewhat louder than stock but not annoying. I'm considering a crossover. Can anyone tell me if that change will increase noise much more?

74658[/snapback]

Slightly, but not much more. Airbox conversions great the most rider audible noise. I'm thinking of just cuttin the pipes as they round the heads like this for a full bodied note.

lmf-black.jpg

Have a tip like that stuck to each end. Sweet and talk about Ground clearence and Weight savings galore!!! :lol:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a quick sample just take the mufflers and the crossover off and go for a spin. Don't forget the earplugs though.....

74688[/snapback]

Ive done it once with just the crossover in place, sounded like a top fuel dragster! I set off about 6-7 car alarms in my neighborhood. Its fun being a middle aged juvenile delinquent.... :P:blush:

As a part of the deal when I bought the Coppa Italia, I negotiated to get the MG Titanium pipes... now it is about time to take the bike in and have them put on.  Searching this thread, nobody seems to have gone with the MG version of the Ti pipes.  Any reason?

66777[/snapback]

So Sean,

What do you think of your IT's? I have them on my Rosso Corsa. I have seen and listened to lots of others but seriously think the MG Ti's are tops. :) At the end of the can on the underside, is an impression that reads 'for racing only'. I have no idea why as they are quieter than some other after market pipes even though they are a straight through pipe. :huh2: I love 'em.

Cheers

Trevor

• 2 months later...

What's the latest on the D-quat. Is development continuing to give a reasonable performance throughout the range or do we just have to accept a soft top end?

IMHO the benefits of this type of exhaust make it a worthwhile bet (weight reduction, more space and a smarter back end) but I would like to have a good top end too.

Do I buy now or wait for a more developed version?

So Sean,

What do you think of your IT's?  I have them on my Rosso Corsa.  I have seen and listened to lots of others but seriously think the MG Ti's are tops.    :)  At the end of the can on the underside, is an impression that reads 'for racing only'.  I have no idea why as they are quieter than some other after market pipes even though they are a straight through pipe. :huh2:  I love 'em.

Cheers

Trevor

75271[/snapback]

I have the Ti,s as well on my naked, awosome pipes, and the racing ecu solves most all of the drivability problems associated with the stock ECU. The sound is like a healthy 5 liter mustang v 8 with a hot cam and headers, not like a v twin at all. They are pricey, but just that insignia on the side " moto guzzi accessori" with the eagle is worth the price of admission. :notworthy: A true work of italian art! IMHO. :mg:

since this is an v1 exhaust topic, just found new pics, these are made by mistral.

63253[/snapback]

I like those megaphones!

Wonder where I could get them in the USA ?

The megaphones do look fantastic but they will be very loud. I made up a pair when I first got my Rosso and after one short ride they came back off. Noise level wise, they are Nascar LOUD. (my ears are still ringing).

Mike

I like those megaphones!

Wonder where I could get them in the USA ?

84422[/snapback]

What's the latest on the D-quat.  Is development continuing to give a reasonable performance throughout the range or do we just have to accept a soft top end?

IMHO the benefits of this type of exhaust make it a worthwhile bet (weight reduction, more space and a smarter back end) but I would like to have a good top end too.

Do I buy now or wait for a more developed version?

83555[/snapback]

Seeing as how the V11 is discontinued -- and the fact that it was a low-production motorcycle -- I wouldn't count on a more refined version coming out. Anyways, it doesn't matter, as around-town drivability is ENORMOUSLY increased and -- with the catalyst yanked out -- there is no NOTICEABLE loss at the top end.

Just buy the Quat D. It's expensive -- yes -- but you can justify it if you eat Ramen noodles every other meal- and serve slugburgers in the place of hamburgers at dinner. It's all about priorities, man. :P

Seeing as how the V11 is discontinued -- and the fact that it was a low-production motorcycle -- I wouldn't count on a more refined version coming out.  Anyways, it doesn't matter, as around-town drivability is ENORMOUSLY increased and -- with the catalyst yanked out -- there is no NOTICEABLE loss at the top end.

Just buy the Quat D.  It's expensive -- yes -- but you can justify it if you eat Ramen noodles every other meal- and serve slugburgers in the place of hamburgers at dinner.  It's all about priorities, man. :P

84429[/snapback]

There's no way I'm eating slugburgers and noodles, however the kids could get to like 'em

Cheers