Welcome to the Tenni forum!

Admin Jaap

:mg:

170 and it's official !!!  :thumbsup:  Thanks!!!!

Now, all we need to do is track them all down.

Have you ever been to the factory? And, is that part of ltaly good touring??

l could think of nothing better than to do some serious ltalian touring  :race: on my Tenni and get to hook up with you and other Tenni owners  :drink:  on the continent.

till then l'll have to be content with blasting around here on the lsland with the odd trip into the mountains of BC and Washington State.

:bier:

Cheers

Van

63991[/snapback]

If memory serves, the factory is near or on Lake Como, which is around Bellagio, near Milan, 3 hours from Switzerland, etc, etc... So, YES! That part of Italy is excellent touring! Let me know if you need a riding buddy! :mg:

If memory serves, the factory is near or on Lake Como, which is around Bellagio, near Milan, 3 hours from Switzerland, etc, etc... So, YES! That part of Italy is excellent touring! Let me know if you need a riding buddy! :mg:

64044[/snapback]

:race:

----sigh---- thats a fantasy of mine, in the mean time, :bbblll: work, work, work, :bbblll:

The neck of the woods l live in is pretty cool though, :thumbsup: and l can get into the BC Coastal mountains, and the Cascades really easy...awesome riding

Cheers

Van

I went to the factory for my first oil change :D

the gate guard looked at me funny then drew some directions to the Agostini dealer around the corner.

:D

The factory looks just like a factory from 1920 should look like. :)

and yes...the roads around Lake Como are great. The Alps are just an hour away. Google up some pictures of Lake Como to see how beautiful it si.

:D Orson you lucky buggar! :D

l'll be doing my first oil change :luigi: this weekend in my Goosehouse!! :mg:

while it pours rain outside :bbblll: .......the joys of living in a northern rainforest

Cheers,

Van

• 2 weeks later...

So fellow "Tennista", :helmet:

Have you noticed just how much B.S. and drivel :P: there is on the "peoples Tenni" site? .... :D Makes me think that there are a whole bunch of "other" V11 owners who are just plain envious of our Tenni's and the special place they have in our hearts!! :wub: l mean gee-whiz, it's not that we're elitist or anything :grin: ,

lm sure that l speak for all of us "Tennista" when l say that some of those "other" V11's are quite nice, ln fact, l'm sure that they are all very nice!......... :grin:

Really though, its good to see that the Tenni's are being talked about like this, it's kinda neat to know that we have something a little different..

Cheers

Van

• 3 weeks later...
:mg:

170 and it's official !!!  :thumbsup:  Thanks!!!!

Now, all we need to do is track them all down.

Have you ever been to the factory? And, is that part of ltaly good touring??

l could think of nothing better than to do some serious ltalian touring  :race: on my Tenni and get to hook up with you and other Tenni owners  :drink:  on the continent.

till then l'll have to be content with blasting around here on the lsland with the odd trip into the mountains of BC and Washington State.

Cheers

Van

63991[/snapback]

I have nothing really to add to this area and its great that youre so enthusiatic but I just get this picture in my mind that when youre typing/saying this youre going a mile-a-minute :unsure:

I have nothing really to add to this area and its great that youre so enthusiatic but I just get this picture in my mind that when youre typing/saying this youre going a mile-a-minute  :unsure:

68475[/snapback]

Can't be too serious ya know, what with BFG around !!

Cheers

Van

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading Styles's book "Moto Guzzi" while my leg recovers from the dirt bike. The pictures of the racer Omobono Tenni are always very dashing. :pic:

The first name is so awkward for an American to pronounce. It comes out "OH-mo-BONE-oh".

I'm hoping it's more like: " u'MOB'no"? :huh2:

So fellow "Tennista",  :helmet: 

Have you noticed just how much B.S. and drivel :P:  there is on the Tenni site?

Cheers

Van

65912[/snapback]

Yeah.

It's a shame.

But if you want cheered up, drop in on the Scuras.

I'm reading Styles's book "Moto Guzzi" while my leg recovers from the dirt bike. The pictures of the racer Omobono Tenni are always very dashing. :pic:

The first name is  so awkward for an American to pronounce. It comes out "OH-mo-BONE-oh".

I'm hoping it's more like:  " u'MOB'no"? :huh2:

69388[/snapback]

Being a South African Boer/Canadian l have no real idea of how to pronounce Tenni's name properly, We'll have to ask Giovanni how ??

Cheers docc, and bye the bye, what did you do to wreck your leg?? hope that you're on the mend

Cheers

Van

:mg: Hi all, the name Omobono isn't much used in Italy,but the name sense is:

Omo= Uomo=Man Bono=Buono=Good Goodman. The real name of this awesome rider is Tommaso (Thomas).

Omobono Tenni is born in Tirano,a little town near Sondrio in the same region of the Moto Guzzi factory but much of is life has spent in Treviso a Northeastern town at 20 miles from my home. A curiosity is the Treviso stadium of football named "Omobono Tenni".Bye Bye Giovanni

Being a South African Boer/Canadian l have no real idea of how to pronounce Tenni's name properly, We'll have to ask Giovanni how ??

Cheers docc, and bye the bye, what did you do to wreck your leg?? hope that you're on the mend

Cheers

Van

69613[/snapback]

Thanks for the replys, gentlemen!

I think th V11 Tenni is one of the most beautiful bikes ever! My only regret: that I've only been able to admire pictures. Perhaps one day I'll see one for real.

I wondered what was 'short' for Omobono. Now I see: "Tom" for short! :D

Van, my birthday was two days after our Thanksgiving holiday. I cleared some new trails in the woods and spent the day challenging myself and my 11 year old son on Honda XR dirt bikes. I'm new to the off road riding , only the last year and a half.

Heading to the house at the end of the day I decided the jump a 'practice' log in the yard. It was too large, too short and too loose. When I hit it, the log rolled and the bike twisted, jumping forward of the log on its side. Watching this all go bad in front of me, I let go and landed on my feet, right foot firmly in the spokes of the driven wheel. I t took about 3 seconds to get out while my ankle sprained and the twisting broke my fibula. :o

With any luck I'll be able to take the orthopedic boot off December 30. With a little more luck December 31 will be over 40 degrees here and I'll get to ride one more time this year. :grin:

Next summer ( or late spring) I hope to see some V11s gather here in the southeast US, probably Tennessee. Are there any Tenni owners close enough to come?

Thanks for the replys, gentlemen!

I think th V11 Tenni is one of the most beautiful bikes ever! My only regret: that I've only been able to admire pictures. Perhaps one day I'll see one for real.

I wondered what was 'short' for Omobono. Now I see: "Tom" for short! :D

Van, my birthday was two days after our Thanksgiving holiday. I cleared some new trails in the woods and spent the day challenging myself and my 11 year old son on Honda XR dirt bikes. I'm new to the off road riding , only the last year and a half.

Heading to the house at the end of the day I decided the jump a 'practice' log in the yard. It was too large, too short and too loose. When I hit it, the log rolled and the bike twisted, jumping forward of the log on its side. Watching this all go bad in front of me, I let go and landed on my feet, right foot firmly in the spokes of the driven wheel. I t took about 3 seconds to get out while my ankle sprained and the twisting broke my fibula. :o

With any luck I'll be able to take the orthopedic boot off December 30. With a little more luck December 31 will be over 40 degrees here and I'll get to ride one more time this year. :grin:

Next summer ( or late spring) I hope to see some V11s gather here in the southeast US, probably Tennessee. Are there any Tenni owners close enough to come?

70172[/snapback]

Hi'ya Docc, thanks for the Tenni comments :thumbsup: ,Sorry 'bout your bust leg :( .........that always seem to be the way that people get hurt on a dirt bike...after the real ride is over and you're on the way back to the house/pits etc.....the worst pranges my buddies ever took where like that. lf there is one good point to the crash, you where out enjoying the sport with your son. GOOD FOR YOU !!

l haven't found any Tenni's in your area, a few in the West, Chigaco, the East Coast and Nevada.

ps. l was down in your neck of the woods on the U.S. Thanksgiving, Atlanta GA, and in Montgomery AL.

Mend quick and well !!

Cheers

Van