2000 Moto Guzzi : V11 Sport

orangeokie

ef_0.JPG

click for ebay

I wish I could wait up to see the end of this auction. Surely this thing will spirl upward at the last minute. If not, somebody is going to "steal" this classic. I love watching these things. Reminds me of the excitement of the last second success I had on my own LeMans! :bike:

Does anyone recognize those snazzy mirrors?

$4500!!!

That is amazing.

Our bikes are so undervalued at the moment.

Jackals, Calis and Quotas have fallen much less.

This eBay bike went for $6099.99...not bad for such a low mileage bike.

When I bought my bike, I first offered one of my local dealers $1000 off MSRP, and he said, no.

So, I drove 300 miles and bought mine for $11,000 out the door...which at that time was $2000 off MSRP +++

Five months after I bought it, Guzzi started offering rebates that would have saved me even more.

One or two years later and dealers were blowing them out the door for about $3000 off MSRP, which is about where we are now on left over models.

I think the devaluation has just about hit bottom, and now only the accumulated miles will depreciate our early models.

What a shame, a 2000 v11 with less than 2500 miles on it (about 500 miles a year). Hopefully the new owner rides it a little more often.

What a shame, a 2000 v11 with less than 2500 miles on it (about 500 miles a year).  Hopefully the new owner rides it a little more often.

63577[/snapback]

I bought my 2000 V11 with only 2200 miles on it 15 months ago. Needless to say it is making up for lost time now! :bike::mg:

I think the devaluation has just about hit bottom, and now only the accumulated miles will depreciate our early models.

63493[/snapback]

Agreed that these bikes are undervalued, but who in their right mind buys a Guzzi as an investment? I'll ride the hell outta mine then sell it at a huge loss (if I sell it). My profit is the fun I've had.