Tenni guys

belfastguzzi

A white straight jacket is also in order.

64942[/snapback]

I've got a black and white jacket. Trouble is, some people think it makes me look a bit like a cow. :huh2: Can't see it myself.

Kuh.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fyvie Guys

65143[/snapback]

Found this via your link.

There is nothing new under the sun.

This could well be posted in Tech Topics, in any of the rear axle, wheel bearing, needle roller ring threads:

The blacksmith’s part is to fit the bearing and band both ends of the nave with iron to protect and strengthen it; .... From time to time, and for various reasons, these rims sometimes had to be re-fitted, or renewed if worn out.

“The wheel (was then) laid on the ringing bed, where the centre was filled with water, with four pailfuls nearby. We had three ‘Dogs’ for prising the (red hot) ring on to the wheel. We employed little hammer work except to centre the ring. Owing to the length of my arms, I had the job of cooling the ring after the pailfuls had been applied.

“Allow me to write, father and I were expert at removing the whole red-hot ring from the furnace, taking it through the smiddy door and placing it perfectly on the wheel. Being a new wheel, both sides of the nave had to be rung, and of course the metal bearing driven in to an already made hole in the centre of the nave, to fit the axle on the cart.”

Rob adds: “The Blacksmiths’ Association held meetings at Inverurie, where the price list (for commonly occurring items of blacksmith work) was made up. Father attended.”

Few country smiths carried out the tricky ringing operation often enough to become casually perfect at it, and it was always an anxious moment when the ring was fitted, as news of a failure would soon do the rounds, and could damage and perhaps destroy the smith’s reputation for competence.>

These boys would be right at home with the Guzzi rear wheel axle / spacer/ bearings / inner ring technicalities. The onlr real difference is that the Guzzi requires the employment of much more 'hammer work'. The Blacksmith's Association could easily be the MG Parts Suppliers meeting at Mandello, except that there, the prices really are 'made up', i.e. plucked from the air in the most ludicrously extravagant fashion. As for the 'reputation for competence' being destroyed: well there can't be any connection with that one in relation to our modern-day Guzzi counterparts. Can there?

Isn't it nice how the bloke added the little, personal, human-interest story? He must have had arms so long that when he picked pieces up he couldn't then put then in place because his hands were about 10 feet away. So he used his arms as a human windmill / cooling fan instead. Sweet.

Such cart technology is an integral part of Italian culture dating back to the Roman empire and the war chariots of Mark An-Tenni and Julius Seizer

Such cart technology is an integral part of Italian culture dating back to the Roman empire and the war chariots of

Mark An-Tenni

65208[/snapback]

:D

And surviving today, thanks to :mg:

Aspiring TenniLifeStylers

Check this out, it's NICEly groomed and it's comfortable.

Click on > INFO-SHOW MANS WORLD

at the bottom centre of the frame. Make sure you watch it all and pay particular attention to the Passform section.

High Polyester content.

:D

And surviving today, thanks to :mg:

Aspiring TenniLifeStylers

Check this out, hope you haven't got any allergies.

Click on > INFO-SHOW MANS WORLD

at the bottom centre of the frame. Make sure you watch it all and pay particular attention to the Passform section.

High Polyester content.

65209[/snapback]

Not only are we spoilt with N-Grossen; U-Grossen & B-Grossen - sorry don't know how to type an Umlaut and Ezsett so have Anglasized it . There is micro biological elements with "antismell" - I'm not sure that's a real German word. and chemical equations and diagrams, not sure if that Hydro Carbon chain included a Benzine ring or not. Plenty there for those blessed with my Adonis like form and/or interest in bacteria and chemistry. Not quite the exclusive domain of the Tennisti.

er, you were only meant to look at the pictures. I was assuming that the Tenniguys wouldn't bother with the words. You guys are too clever – are you sure you don't hanker after a Scura?

I did the same last month, no complaints... but you are right, with these orthodox Tennisti you never know! :grin:

On the german V11 forum there is the "green V11s" fraction. Like the Tenni separatists they have their own virtual club...

BTW. They call their green "female frog genital green". I know it doesn't translate well, but you get the idea. If not, you're lucky! :D