Norge. The new Guzzi tourer

Guest goffredo

After much research, I have finally found the REAL Guzzi tourer.  Those pics posted previously were of an FJR with faux-cylinder side covers.

This is the real, working prototype Guzzi has been secretly testing abroad. Note the relaxed head angle for all-day comfort,  the exceptional leg position for control and stability, and the increased passenger room - a whopping 21 cu ft (hence the name Norge).

The new Guzzi Tourer

Yours truly,

Jimbemotumbo

66678[/snapback]

I think that one is the "Nudge".

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I spotted a Norge prototype last month. It was a bit more old school then the scanned images that are circulating but I could see some of the design similarities (v90, 2 cylinder, etc...). This one appeared to be configured as the family truckster model to address the common complaint from most v-11 riders that there was not a good bag system to carry all that "stuff" than needs to be hauled.

P.S. All kidding aside, I had a good chat with the pilot of this goose at NEMG rally last month, and my hat's off to him for his resourcefulness, and keeping the mark alive on limited resources :drink: Note: He does have plans to down-size the attached electrically trimmed aluminum boat to improve handling a bit. I wish him luck and hope to see him at next years rally :luigi:

NEMG_304.jpg

NEMG_305.jpg

MotoGuzziNorge-7276-001-f.jpg

More power this time :!: Seems to be a 1200

here's the blurb :unsure:

Adesso che si è definitivamente svegliata, la Guzzi non perde un colpo. Dopo Breva e Griso a Milano vedremo la Norge, nome storico per una turistica a tutto tondo. Motore 1200, carenatura integrale e una dotazione completissima per rientrare a testa alta nel segmento delle granturismo.

Per ora una foto e poco più, ma questa Guzzi Norge è senz’altro destinata a riscaldare non poco il cuore dei Guzzisti amanti dei grandi viaggi. Una moto che in tanti aspettavano da tempo, dopo che una fantomatica GT si era affacciata all’Intermot del 2000 per poi sparire nel nulla. Un’epoca lontana per Moto Guzzi che ultimamente si è abituata a mantenere ciò che promette. Non a caso il debutto su strada della nuova Guzzi che vedremo all'Eicma è annunciato per Marzo 2006. Intanto il nome: Norge. È lo stesso della Guzzi che nel 1928 compì una autentica impresa partendo da Mandello per raggiungere Capo Nord, una avventura epica per il tempo.

Nome beneaugurante, quindi, che la Norge condisce con una linea moderna e piacevole e un bella dose sostanza. Non è una Breva rivestita, perchè la Norge cambia tutto e cambia anche nella cilindrata. Il bicilindrico a V di 90 con raffreddamento ad aria cresce fino a raggiungere i 1200 cc e quindi dovrebbe anche aver migliorato le sue prestazioni. Di serie ABS, borse e regolazione elettrica del parabrezza. La Norge sarà presentata ufficialmente il 15 Novembre all’Eicma, dopo quella data saremo in grado di darvi ulteriori notizie.

Now that definitively it has been waked up, the Guzzi does not lose a blow. After Breva and Griso to Milan we will see the Norge, historical name for one tourist to all round. Motor 1200, integral fairing and one the most complete equipment in order to re-enter to high head in the segment of the granturismo. For hour a photo and little more, but this Guzzi Norge is senz' other destined one to not little heat the loving heart of the Guzzisti of the great travels. A motion that in many they for a long time waited for, after that one fantomatica GT had shown oneself to the Intermot of 2000 in order then to disappear in the null one. A far age for Guzzi Motion that lately has been become accustomed to maintain that that it promises. To case the debut on road of the Guzzi new that we will see to the Eicma is not announced for March 2006. While the name: Norge. It is the same one of the Guzzi that in 1928 compì one authentic enterprise leaving from Mandello in order to catch up Head North, one epica adventure for the time. Beneaugurante name, therefore, than the Norge it flavors with one modern and pleasant line and a beautiful dose substance. It is not a covered Breva, why the Norge changes all and changes also in the piston displacement. The bicylindrical one to V of 90 with cooling to air grows until catching up i 1200 cc and therefore it must also have improved its performances. Of series ABS, ags and regulation electrical worker of the windshield. The Norge will officially be introduced 15 November to the Eicma, after that date will be in a position to gives ulterior news to you.

Guest SDKFZ111
If it was a woman I would not sh*g it!

Ok well maybe from behind where I could not see its fugly face!

66399[/snapback]

If it was a women what makes you think she would shag you ?

1200cc?! Wow. I think I kinda like it. Of coures I also think that with the guzzi engine set up, these bikes don't take to well to full fairings. Maybe if you chopped it just below the turn signal. Kinda make it a naked-sport-tour? :huh2: that's a bit of a mouth full. I deffinitly like the upper fairing though.

:thumbsup::mg:

Z

Guest SDKFZ111
Some chips and half a shandy normally does the trick in Huddersfield apparently!

67104[/snapback]

If thats the case I'm leaving for Huddersfield now!