Under wear?

emason

Well, my '00 V11 Sport is running fine. The TPS etc. was set up by Speed at Speed's Cycle when new and I haven't had to touch it since. However, the transmission does act a little weird sometimes.

However, my main problem at this time is that after riding for a while, my privates "go to sleep". I've tried different underwear and have since given up briefs. Maybe I need those riding jeans with the extra gusset in the crotch. Or a Rich Maund seat.

I remember a discussion of this some time ago, but don't remember the solution.

:wacko:

Well, my '00 V11 Sport is running fine. The TPS etc. was set up by Speed at Speed's Cycle when new and I haven't had to touch it since. However, the transmission does act a little weird sometimes.

However, my main problem at this time is that after riding for a while, my privates "go to sleep". I've tried different underwear and have since given up briefs. Maybe I need those riding jeans with the extra gusset in the crotch. Or a Rich Maund seat.

68960[/snapback]

Start with padded bicycle riding shorts ( lycra and/or cotten blend) and see how that works. Makes a big difference in seat comfort. Also, Rider Wearhouse has some heavy pants called "Arborwear Gusseted Canvas Pants" that fit more loosely than jeans and are really comfortable.

68960[/snapback]

IMO, the answer to sleeping privates and general monkeybutt issues: http://www.underarmour.com/

Discomfort in that region is usually due to one or two factors (in my experience). Moisture causes a rash, not numbness. The easiest fix is to dry out (baby powder, a sheepskin seat cover, that sort of thing work pretty good). The other common problem is pressure points. Blue jeans, with thick seams, are terrible for long distance riding. I usually wear khaki slacks and bicycle shorts for long rides. Or, I'll wear shorts and my aerostich suit, so I don't have any seams. Again- baby powder or 'monkey butt powder' takes care of any extra moisture.

If you're going numb, then you are putting enough pressure on yourself to cut off blood flow to the base of your penis. Don't do that- it can lead to impotence. Basically, the seat is just the wrong shape for your delicate underparts. Rich Maund makes a nice seat- I like mine. It's wider in the butt area than stock, so you get better support. Or you could again try a sheepskin cover.

68960[/snapback]

The only way you should EVER ride a Guzzi is "Commando" style. This should be featured in the FAQ section... HeHeHe. :grin::blush: Seriously, Ive had good results with the sheepskin pads sold by alaska leather dot com. I have used one for years on my other bikes.

The only way you should EVER ride a Guzzi is "Commando" style. This should be featured in the FAQ section... HeHeHe.  :grin:  :blush: Seriously, Ive had good results with the sheepskin pads sold by alaska leather dot com. I have used one for years on my other bikes.

69061[/snapback]

Yep commando: roaming the countryside like a little boy, watching it flapping happily in the wind like a little flag :D painful above 100 though...

Driving with jeans, everything go to sleep because the jeans are too tight in the hip and bum area when sitting, restricting bloodstream, thats why one should buy oneself a light modern goretex mc-pant (or leather) which let the blood flow to strategic parts. It also protects in case of fuckups..... which is a good thing, y'know? Jeans dont protect AT ALL. Been there, so I know.

IMHO BMW has the best lightweight driving gear of all. Fantastic quality, but to a price...

Theres also several gel-pads on the market that can be temporarily strapped to the seat for longer journeys, I've got one. It works but it takes some of the feeling of the bike away, and its fugly.

Theres also the possibility of amputation, in order to drive more comfortably, but I dont know....

:blush:

Yep commando: roaming the countryside like a little boy, watching it flapping happily in the wind like a little flag  :D painful above 100 though...

Driving with jeans, everything go to sleep because the jeans are too tight in the hip and bum area when sitting, restricting bloodstream, thats why one should buy oneself a light modern goretex mc-pant (or leather) which let the blood flow to strategic parts. It also protects in case of fuckups..... which is a good thing, y'know? Jeans dont protect AT ALL. Been there, so I know.

IMHO BMW has the best lightweight driving gear of all. Fantastic quality, but to a price...

Theres also several gel-pads on the market that can be temporarily strapped to the seat for longer journeys, I've got one. It works but it takes some of the feeling of the bike away, and its fugly.

Theres also the possibility of amputation, in order to drive more comfortably, but I dont know....

69065[/snapback]

In America, Commando means without underwear, not NAKED, but hey... I ride a V 11 sport naked.... Hmmm Thant didnt come out right!

darn, I screwed up this post!

:blush:  darn, I screwed up this post!

69071[/snapback]

No, no, not at all! That's a serious problem also for me. I've tried severall things to improve it, but with not much success.

The only thing that really helps is some exercise. Because of the unconfortable footpegs you shoud do exercises anyway, at every tankstop at least. Some jumpin, up and down and legs out and in and so. Take this as the right oportunity to combine it with some 'privat' exercises, why not after the same schematics as above.

You'll sometimes have to explain it to curious other customers at the filling stations, but some words about Italian bikes, Italy in general and the basics of common machism related with Guzzi will normaly do.

Tell them finally, that all the other bikers ride their bikes 'Comando Style' and therefore don't need exercises, and you can be sure of their everlasting attention!

Hope this helps. ;)

Hubert