Tuning

Anthony

Hello, I am Anthony and I've had my V11 Le Mans for 3 years. It is my 2nd, the first, a 2002 (Champagne), was totaled after 78 miles. A little 75 year-old ran it over with his SUV. He could not see over the steering wheel. 1 Month later I bought what I have now, a 'not black' 2003.

I've added Ferracci slip-ons, their x-pipe, bigger air, and a PC3. I've been playing with the fuel/air mix, but will soon take it to get a map. So, I got a couple of questions I hope you can answer.

How much more Omph should I get to the back wheel, given my current enhancements?

Has anyone installed oversize valves - intake and exhaust?

Cheers!!

:D

In terms of oomph at the back wheel that will depend on the dyno you use and how it is calibrated.

I have similar mods and my bike made about 79bhp at the back wheel with 72 ft lbs of torque.

Guy  :helmet:

69402[/snapback]

Thanks for giving me an idea of what I should be looking for. I'll let you know how it turns out. Nice collection of rides that you have.

Guzzirider - nice avatar.  All of a sudden I'm in the Christmas spirit.

69426[/snapback]

With her leg in plaster, she must get rather bored, so has to do something to lighten the day up. Although hobbling will induce a nice motion....

8-)

Hello, I am Anthony and I've had my V11 Le Mans for 3 years.  It is my 2nd, the first, a 2002 (Champagne), was totaled after 78 miles.  A little 75 year-old ran it over with his SUV.  He could not see over the steering wheel. 1 Month later I bought what I have now, a 'not black' 2003.

I've added Ferracci slip-ons, their x-pipe, bigger air, and a PC3.  I've been playing with the fuel/air mix, but will soon take it to get a map.  So, I got a couple of questions I hope you can answer. 

How much more Omph should I get to the back wheel, given my current enhancements?

Has anyone installed oversize valves - intake and exhaust?

Cheers!!

69394[/snapback]

Hi,

Same mods but also twin spark, camshaft with less overlap and remapping ignition and fuel map. 88Hp and over 100 Nm. (fuel consumption is rather high 8lit. - 100 km)

ride abillity is great over 80 Nm at 2000 rpm

Next steps:

- BMC airfilter

- remapping on 98 oct fuel

Next year:

- balancing rotating parts

- high comp. pistons

- remapping again (pinging)

Target:

- 100 HP and 110 Nm (fuel comsuption 6,5/7 lit. - 100 km) javascript:emoticon(':bike:')

smilie

- May my Multistrada and ST3 Ducati friends eat dustjavascript:emoticon(':angry:')

smilie

Lex V.

V11 lemans 2003

Hi,

Same mods but also twin spark, camshaft with less overlap and remapping ignition and fuel map. 88Hp and over 100 Nm. (fuel consumption is rather high 8lit. - 100 km)

ride abillity is great over 80 Nm at 2000 rpm

Next steps:

- BMC airfilter

- remapping on 98 oct fuel

Next year:

- balancing rotating parts

- high comp. pistons

- remapping again (pinging)

Target:

- 100 HP and 110 Nm (fuel comsuption 6,5/7 lit. - 100 km) javascript:emoticon(':bike:')

smilie

- May my Multistrada and ST3 Ducati friends eat dustjavascript:emoticon(':angry:')

smilie

Lex V.

V11 lemans 2003

69455[/snapback]

I was looking for the twin spark option, but didn't find any info. Who does the twin spark work? I didn't think of the cam work and I'll probably do the valves with the piston this spring.

I was looking for the twin spark option, but didn't find any info.  Who does the twin spark work?  I didn't think of the cam work and I'll probably do the valves with the piston this spring.

69512[/snapback]

Oh my thats a lotta work and with no noticeable gains I saw on that thread. As far as Ooomph. I have the same setup as you and downloaded a map for it but its not perfect I still have some hiccups once and awhile but if I hit even the smallest bump on take off the front wheel will come up. didn't do that b4 without cluthing it. I'd just like to add the FBF pistons and be done but I'd rather not change out perfectly good pistons so I might buy a set and hold onto them for a couple years then install them then she will hopefully truly be 'finished' with that mod. assuming I get the tailpeice and a paintjob by then too. :huh2:

Snip-but if I hit even the smallest bump on take off the front wheel will come up. didn't do that b4 without cluthing it.  :huh2:

69526[/snapback]

Hey Anthony - glad to hear of another V11 LeMans owner out there in Maryland. :thumbsup: Where did you get both bikes? Mine came from Speed's.

Hey DeBen - my recent addition of a PCIII USB has given me a nice boost in roll on and throttle response. Last week she yanked up a very nice 1st gear power wheelie. No need for bumps, just grab a hand full of throttle and hang on. I will roll off the throttle a bit to compress the forks, then whack it open. Before the PCIII I could do this showboating, but with less height and some ping along with it. Now just a smooth roar from the Ti's. Man I hate winter comming on now :(

If one want's to twin plug a V11 I would of thought pricing up a pair of Breva/Griso heads and a My 15M computer would probably be fairly cost effective?

Pete.

69977[/snapback]

What do you want to say? Would it be cheaper to buy these new heads or not? Do you know anything about compression ratios? The specs at least are different.

Hubert

The My15M would give you also the option to install extra transistors for operating the extra coils on their own. At least you had someone at hand you could ask how to implement this.

Maybe a My15m with D/P Piggy Back PCB :)

Hubert

If one want's to twin plug a V11 I would of thought pricing up a pair of Breva/Griso heads and a My 15M computer would probably be fairly cost effective?

Pete.

69977[/snapback]

I thought that part of the price of dual-plugging squareheads was having to move some oil journals? Also, doesn't the v11B (for "Breva") mill have a different deck height for the piston, to go along w/ the change to con rod length, blah blah blah?

"Just doing a quick changeout of the heads to go dual-plug" was a question I thought I'd asked [at least, I meant to! ] on this board ages ago... where were you then? ;-)

C'mon, Pete: you've got the Griso: whip a head off & see if it mates up nice to a v11 cylinder! :-D

:mg:

Hey Anthony - glad to hear of another V11 LeMans owner out there in Maryland.  :thumbsup: Where did you get both bikes? Mine came from Speed's.

Hey DeBen - my recent addition of a PCIII USB has given me a nice boost in roll on and throttle response. Last week she yanked up a very nice 1st gear power wheelie. No need for bumps, just grab a hand full of throttle and hang on. I will roll off the throttle a bit to compress the forks, then whack it open. Before the PCIII I could do this showboating, but with less height and some ping along with it. Now just a smooth roar from the Ti's. Man I hate winter comming on now  :(

69530[/snapback]

Keith - Yep, got them both at Speeds. The guys are great :D