HEY DOCC!!!

Martin Barrett

I've got no end of these type of stories. When I was at Sand Point Naval Station in Seattle and I went over to the auto hobby shop and rented an engine steam cleaner to use on my Fiat 2300S (do you detect a bit of masochism here?). I had the steam wand going full force and stepped backward into a hole. In an attempt to keep my balance I swung the steam cleaner wand back like walking stick - with the steam going full blast - and managed to stick it right down and into my shoe! I instantly boiled my foot. Blisters the size of my fist. The pain was pretty much intense. Almost as bad as the time I fell out of a tree when I was kid and plummeted 20 feet onto a pile of bricks shattering my left arm. Too much like that joke "Does it hurt when you do that. Don't do that..."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I breathed in too deeply once – and sucked in a concrete block. It was so heavy. it made my head fall off. Unfortunately it fell on the chopping board where I was cutting carrots – and I didn't stop chopping quick enough. Boy, that hurt.

I breathed in too deeply once – and sucked in a concrete block. It was so heavy. it made my head fall off. Unfortunately it fell on the chopping board where I was cutting carrots – and I didn't stop chopping quick enough. Boy, that hurt.

69610[/snapback]

I'm sorry but are you icelandic or retarded?

Guest Britcheflee

Kitchen injuries:

Oriental chef told me once that he had a razor sharp cleaver - in a rush he put it down to cut through some chicken and used his other hand to slam down on the back of the cleaver to make it go through the bones - only problem was that the chinese cleaver was the wrong way up.

kid was told to get up on the line and clean up in the hood (not unusual) was not looking where he was going and his foot went into the fryer.

Nasty cuts are pretty common in a kitchen - you know when its a good one when someone is chopping away then they suddenly stop - look down and start heading for the first aid kit. Two pieces of equipment that are good for cuts - a mandoline (that device you slice vegetables on) and the rotary slicer (normally people cut themselves when cleaning it).

Best burn I ever had was with a creme brulee of all things - taking it down out of the salamander after all the sugar had reached a nice bubbling stage of caramalization - slipped and the molten sugar poured over my thumb - the pain was incredible and I couldnt get it off - later I had a gigantic blister all over my thumb which popped and went septic - driving home one day I thought I had passed a dead animal on the road only to find that the smell was coming from my thumb!!! Lots of antibiotics later it sorted itself out.

Lee

I was 3 1/2 years old and had a toy Caterpillar bulldozer with a nice blade on the front. I tried to sit on it and ride it down the sidewalk but hit a seam and somersaulted over onto the blade and cut off my nose. 32 stitches to put it back on. I still have a slight scar.

In Kindergarten, the kid ahead of me slammed the door behind him and laid open my head in the hairline. I still have a slight scar.

I was riding up Pacific Coast Highway in the rain on my RD350, put the brakes on too hard and wound up under the bike. Something on the bike punched a nice hole in the calf of my leg. I still have a slight scar.

This is getting repetitious...

Nasty stories from old war heroes, this. :grin: at least its easy to recognize you guys at a rally, look for scars, crutches, and the smell of slowly decaying flesh. :grin:

Myself; I frequently drink at least one pint to much, and I once crashed my hip into a table, boy that hurt..... :cheese:

pshaw. You and your children's stories. I had the good fortune to get my hand caught in the gear drive of a oil well pumper jack while I was working in the oilfield in Tx. It all worked out ok- the gears aren't closely meshed, so I got to keep the hand and I can always tell you the pitch on the gears- they've made a rather permanent impression on my hand. 260 stiches later and the hand is ok, except some of nerves are gone between my fingers. :bier: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in groups.

We need a campfire and some beer for this discussion.....

Guest redguzziv10
We need a campfire and some beer for this discussion.....

last time i heard stories like this i think the quote went something like

"we're gonna need a bigger boat"

cut off my nose. 32 stitches to put it back on. I still have a slight scar.

69617[/snapback]

ONLY your nose!? Well you should see the scar round my neck after my head was stitched back on! There's a big bolt too. Anyone know what torque it should be tightened to?

Hi Martin, as a firefighter I'll look after the campfire, but still does'nt stop me from the daft injuries. Pane of glass fell out of window while breaking into burning house nearly severing my kneecap :doh: , quite a few others and not neccesarily reserved for work. Putting some boxes in the loft last winter stepped backwards and fell through the loft hatch, nearly wrecked both ankles for the second time! :homer:

Be careful out there, or at least keep us all amused.

Cheers Gary :bier:

Guest Britcheflee

My brother crashed his BSA many years ago - had a hideous gash right at the top of his leg not far from his 'sack' - anyway he got back from the hospital and eventually his bike turned up at my flat - went to inspect it and found the culprit - the gas/petrol cap had two nice sticking out bits - under which was a gob of fat and skin with a few hairs still attached......had to forgo my dinner that night.

Lee

I was 3 1/2 years old and had a toy Caterpillar bulldozer with a nice blade on the front. I tried to sit on it and ride it down the sidewalk but hit a seam and somersaulted over onto the blade and cut off my nose. 32 stitches to put it back on. I still have a slight scar.

In Kindergarten, the kid ahead of me slammed the door behind him and laid open my head in the hairline. I still have a slight scar.

I was riding up Pacific Coast Highway in the rain on my RD350, put the brakes on too hard and wound up under the bike. Something on the bike punched a nice hole in the calf of my leg. I still have a slight scar.

This is getting repetitious...

69617[/snapback]

I think we have a weiner.

here's your prize