HEY DOCC!!!

Martin Barrett

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ONLY your nose!? Well you should see the scar round my neck after my head was stitched back on! There's a big bolt too. Anyone know what torque it should be tightened to?

69675[/snapback]

32 ft/lbs.

You know why Frankenstein doesn't have any kids don't you? His nuts are on his neck.

If this thread gets any longer, we can make a rope from it and hang ourselves...

Just let me know where and when the campfire will be! :bier:

Just let me know where and when the fire will be!

69771[/snapback]

In the Tenni Forum, when they're all out at ballet class

sshhhhh...

Just let me know where and when the campfire will be!  :bier:

69771[/snapback]

Le'ssee . . . you're in Oklahoma, Al's in North Carolina, what's 1/2 way in between?

Arkansas  :D

69821[/snapback]

Looks more like 10-uh-c. Great riding , good place for a campfire, and not that far from Minnesota , either.

I should be able to swing even the bum leg over the Sport by May.

Any takers? Y'all come!

Have you ever wrapped your thumb around the spoke of a steering wheel, down at the boss, and then trapped it against the indicator stalks or whatever gubbins protrudes from the steering column, as you turn a corner? You can't get your thumb out, 'cos you've got to keep turning the car to keep it on the road, but you can't turn the car because your thumb is jammed in the steering wheel... :o

Or you've got feet like Martin and you stand on the brake pedal, but half your boot is pushing the accelerator pedal down too – possibly while you're wrestling with the steering wheel to turn the car but it's going straight for the wall 'cos you're all jammed up in everything????

and an apple has probably fallen off the seat and rolled under the brake pedal anyway

Have you ever wrapped your thumb around the spoke of a steering wheel, down at the boss, and then trapped it against the indicator stalks or whatever gubbins protrudes from the steering column, as you turn a corner? You can't get your thumb out, 'cos you've got to keep turning the car to keep it on the road, but you can't turn the car because your thumb is jammed in the steering wheel... :o

Or you've got feet like Martin and you stand on the brake pedal, but half your boot is pushing the accelerator pedal down too – possibly while you're wrestling with the steering wheel to turn the car but it's going straight for the wall 'cos you're all jammed up in everything????

and an apple has probably fallen off the seat and rolled under the brake pedal anyway

69836[/snapback]

No it's pulling out of the petrol station and making a turn as you reach through the steering wheel to zero the trip meter, and trying to centre the steering at the same time. :blush:

No it's pulling out of the petrol station and making a turn as you reach through the steering wheel to zero the trip meter, and trying to centre the steering at the same time.  :blush:

69841[/snapback]

Yes indeed.

They're not mutually exclusive options. You CAN do both, if you've got a suitable vehicle. I tried the thumb shear on a VW Polo today, but there was no way – modern cars have had all the fun removed from them. It works perfectly on an older Land Rover (Defender type) where there is a built in guillotine to trap fingers/thumb and scissor them off. For modern cars, your technique is the best.

It's no wonder that steering wheels on motorbikes never caught on. The accident rate must have been pretty high.

They were reading a thread on a website about aftermarket ecu's being fitted to V11's and simply lost the will to live after page 18.

Staff at the local hospital were able to revive them,but they're confined to wheelchairs so they cant reach the keyboard until full psychological therapy has taken place.

The host was laughing cos he's got an order in for a Breva,nervous hysteria got the better of him.