Lust At First Sight!

Mike Stewart

Actually MG would have me takin' out a new Mtg on a brand

new 2006 >>>>>>

69814[/snapback]

Maybe a different painr scheme for me but that bike is amazing. Makes me want a Throwback now. My list is getting Wayyyyy to long. My want pile is huge. :huh:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jackal is a 2000 model, purchased in Iowa from JRT :drink: and ridden back to California two up fully loaded. Good ride mind you (heck, any ride is a good ride).

The forks are stock Jackal forks, just moved up into the yokes. The rearsets are Agostini and are from a Lemans I, the exhaust are Bubs also from a Lemans I. The lower frame rails are from a 850T. I want to change the swingarm to a shorter model, but that is another project yet to come. The Jackal swing arm is about 3 inches longer than the older Tonti framed bikes. Just looks odd when trying to fit the rear fender. Also during this project I wanted to go tubeless and did find one tubeless rear wheel. Unfortunatly it will not work with the shorter swingarm. :bbblll: I plan to have no side covers, so I will have to fit the fuel pump and filter along with all the fuse box and relays under the rear seat. I may have to customize the Corbin seat by cutting off the rear half to gain more room. :huh2: Like I said, the more I work on it, the farther behind I become. :homer::luigi:

Here is a shot of the battery box I had to make to go side cover less. 1100S_22.jpg

Mike

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!!! :wub:  Now you got me goin', Mike....  What year Jackal was your donor, and that's not a Jackal fork - so what is it?! :huh2:

69810[/snapback]

Guest ratchethack
The Jackal is a 2000 model, purchased in Iowa from JRT :drink: 

This year Jackal was also the choice of Todd Eagan, for an apparent depth of reasons that I'm just lately starting to become more aware of, appreciative of, and also *most interested in* ^_^

Impressive job on the battery box, (as well as the rest of the rolling chassis), Mike!!!

Keep us in the loop on your progress, PLEASE! I'm begging you! :helmet::mg:

I think the steering angle is about the same with the forks raised up in the triple clamps. I have not measured the angle yet. Anyone know what the steering angle is on a LM1?

Mike

Mike - how does the Jackal steering head angle compare to that of a LM1 or similar Tonti?

69839[/snapback]

my Paul Smart turns up in a few weeks, so i'll let you know how it compares to the V11 if anyone's interested. I'm expecting it to be lighter, more balanced and more powerful than my V11, but what remains to be seen is how soulful it feels.

The mainstream press certainly seem to be impressed with the new sport classics so maybe they ride too "modern"

i'll wait and see :)

Say does anyone know anything (first hand) about the DS1000 engine on these bikes? Nice? Torquey?

69798[/snapback]

Test drive a MultiStrada. Same mill. All the reviews have been good (Stateside.) You'd really need to read one of the Brit rags for an honest opinion, but they're mostly into thrashing, so not likely to give an air-cooled twin a positive write up since it won't perform like a J-brand hyper bike... Who do you believe? Someone who'll give any advertiser a good review, or someone who'll give an honest opinion but to whom anything not 100+PS &

The 1000DS is supposed to be the best daily-rider engine Ducati has ever produced: 2-valve, so good torque & minimal cost on the too frequent valve services that practically require complete dismantling of the bike. Air-cooled so the dismantling is quick & relatively painless. Dual-spark so that the air-cooled engine can sneak under emissions barriers while still putting out decent power.

But it's still not a Guzzi...

;)

Test drive a MultiStrada. Same mill.

69848[/snapback]

i rode a Multistrada, and the engine is brilliant. Had two ducatis prior to my actual bike so you may say i'm biased.

but i don't like the Sport Classics much. Especially the horrid exhausts....

;)

They did. They were called the Sport 1100i and the Daytona RS.

Guzzi needs the Norge in addition to the other stuff. Gotta suck some of the lifeblood out of the over-inflated BMW touring crowd. A financially healthy Moto Guzzi may yet produce another bike to match the beauty of the Sport 1100i/Daytona RS, only this time with the performance to match.

You can say than again!! :grin:

:2c: YEAH does it for me to Mike..nice thing.. :drink: ps..give your wife a cuddle for me..she's special.. :helmet:

So I have not really been on a bike for the last 10 weeks since my crash and I am healing up nicely.  I was on the Ducati site, looking up part numbers for my wife's Ducati Monster and I came across the new Sport1000.  I just don't know why it looks so good to me.  Could it be the Guzzi style fuel tank or the stock bar end mirrors? Perhaps it is the retro looking tail light that lights my fire......

My wife took one look at it and agreed that I need one in the Garage. :grin:

Hopefully it will be at the International bike show in San Jose in two weeks.

Mike

Sport10001.jpgSport10002.jpgSport10003.jpgSport10004.jpg

69759[/snapback]

:2c: I have witheld my inner thoughts for far too long on these subjects in this form,[would buy a second bike] look at the market,,the prices'' in aus new cagiva x tra raptor. $17.000. a 996 8 valve v twin. only 999 made..frame by mv..engine by susuki, heaps of carbon,looks cool, goes like a shot cat, 105 bhp. engine management sorted by cagiva. hunts down scuras,,, just for fun,,not to kill.. :rasta:

:2c: DID i mention..marzochi, fully adjustable front,,with sachs f/a rear..and scares scura riders in this district..as the raptor prowls.. :rasta:

:2c: I have witheld my inner thoughts for far too long on these subjects in this form,[would buy a second bike] look at the market,,the prices'' in aus new cagiva x tra raptor. $17.000. a 996 8 valve v twin. only 999 made..frame by mv..engine by susuki, heaps of carbon,looks cool, goes like a shot cat, 105 bhp. engine management sorted by cagiva. hunts down scuras,,, just for fun,,not to kill.. :rasta:

70103[/snapback]

70103[/snapback]

Scura waits around a bit for the Rapter after a few corners,next time I won't be so patient. :food:

By the way, Nice ride today 25deg c,nice road, sticky tyres and good beer. :bier: