Lust At First Sight!

Mike Stewart

with all due respect to Eric Buell...if Harley-Davidson took a page out of Ducati's "Paul Smart Replica" playbook and created a Cal Rayborn Replica...I would be seriously tempted.

This one was featured in the October issue of Cycle World. Ironically, it's made by a custom builder in Japan. Go here to see their gallery. He makes some tasty bikes.

ga_xrtt_01.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I hear you on the exhaust, it would of looked much more pleasent if they did a two into one setup like the original. If I do get one this would be the first thing to change. Each dealer is only getting a limited amount of the Sport1000's and are taking deposits on them. They should be out in the next few weeks. Price is at $10900. USD.

Mike

but i don't like the Sport Classics much. Especially the horrid exhausts....

69850[/snapback]

Very cool bike, I just have a fancy to the early race bikes :notworthy: I guess it is my age :huh:

Mike

with all due respect to Eric Buell...if Harley-Davidson took a page out of Ducati's "Paul Smart Replica" playbook and created a Cal Rayborn Replica...I would be seriously tempted.

This one was featured in the October issue of Cycle World. Ironically, it's made by a custom builder in Japan. Go here to see their gallery. He makes some tasty bikes.

ga_xrtt_01.jpg

70109[/snapback]

Now we are talking :drink: But how long will it take Guzzi to come out with it. 3,4,5 years. :huh2: They will miss the market once again :mg: .

Mike

Could this be an answer from MG?:

rendering_1000s.jpg

70110[/snapback]

That bike is clearly a stripped Breva in 1000S clothes. Shouldn't take them more than a few weeks/months to sort it out.

...But how long will it take Guzzi to come out with it. 3,4,5 years....They will miss the market once again...

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but that 1000S is just another Guzzi enthusiast's take on what MG ought to build. I think they should. With USA sales up 58% this year for Moto Guzzis, it may be the right time to do a retro "sport" model in addition to the new California. I'm still holding out for a Griso though.

Here are some Griso accessories :wub:

Anima Guzzista

Scroll down to "Donne, moda e Moto Guzzi!". Reminds me of a tv add from long ago: "Mama mia, thatsa some spicy meatball!"

After a couple years of waiting to see the Sport Classics, I finally got to see the Sport and PS at the Seattle show.

Liked them a lot in the pictures but not so much in person.

I've never liked the fairing on the PS... something just not right about the lines... same with the tank. But I've never liked faired bikes...

I really wanted to see what the Sport looked like in person as it is the one I liked quite a lot. Big disappointment! Mostly in the suspension - no Ohlins!!! The PS has the Ohlins front and rear and all the pics I'd seen so far had them on the Sport too - nope. Didn't even look like there was anything to adjust on the Sport front.

Next - the tail. Looks good in pics, but in person way too fat and short. Completely missed the mark there! Part of what made the originals so beautiful was that they were sleek and slender - the SC's are much too porky.

The single side SA and the exhaust I didn't mind so much tho' I'd rather have seen a double sided SA with twin shocks or a tucked away mono shock. I'd have loved to see an original type 2 into 2 with Conti replicas or styled exhaust. Maybe high Imola style pipes...

Hated the horns slapped out in front. Need to be tucked in on the frame, not front and center - they aren't quite pretty enough to gather that much attention.

Disappointing... My bank account is safe this year. Although if they start building the HyperMotard... I might talk myself into that serious hooligan bike!

Rj

This is the reason I have not gone out and put a deposit down on one, I want to see one in person. I had a hunch the bike would not come with Ohlins, so no surprise there. The horns can be moved, the exhaust has to go but making the bike part of you is half the fun of having one. I will know where my heart is next weekend when I get to see one.

Mike

After a couple years of waiting to see the Sport Classics, I finally got to see the Sport and PS at the Seattle show.

Liked them a lot in the pictures but not so much in person.

I've never liked the fairing on the PS...  something just not right about the lines...  same with the tank.  But I've never liked faired bikes...

I really wanted to see what the Sport looked like in person as it is the one I liked quite a lot.  Big disappointment!  Mostly in the suspension - no Ohlins!!!  The PS has the Ohlins front and rear and all the pics I'd seen so far had them on the Sport too - nope.  Didn't even look like there was anything to adjust on the Sport front.

Next - the tail.  Looks good in pics, but in person way too fat and short.  Completely missed the mark there!  Part of what made the originals so beautiful was that they were sleek and slender - the SC's are much too porky.

The single side SA and the exhaust I didn't mind so much tho' I'd rather have seen a double sided SA with twin shocks or a tucked away mono shock.  I'd have loved to see an original type 2 into 2 with Conti replicas or styled exhaust.  Maybe high Imola style pipes...

Hated the horns slapped out in front.  Need to be tucked in on the frame, not front and center - they aren't quite pretty enough to gather that much attention.

Disappointing...  My bank account is safe this year.  Although if they start building the HyperMotard...  I might talk myself into that serious hooligan bike!

Rj

70145[/snapback]

:2c: ''did somone ask of our honourable PM..here he is,and with the gang. :grin:

Scura waits around a bit for the Rapter after a few corners,next time I won't be so patient. :food:

By the way, Nice ride today 25deg c,nice road, sticky tyres and good beer. :bier:

70108[/snapback]

• 2 weeks later...

Al,

To me the bike looked as good up close as it does in the pictures. The seat and tail section is wider than the picture shows. The model at the show also had the evaporative canister removed to make the bike look clean as well as an aftermarket exhaust system.

Bike_show5.jpg

The bike comes with wire wheels which are not sealed. Ducati had Pirelli make tube type tires which are radial just for this model and they look like the stock tires of that era.

So, I really like the bike, I was not able to swing a leg over it and sit to see how the low bar position felt (the bike was on a show table).

The next day after seeing the bike, I called Modesto Ducati and put my name in on one (a yellow one with no down payment :bike: ) and today I just received an email stating the bike was shipped and will be here about January 3rd. Modesto Ducati just received their first one and said I could come out and sit on it :grin:

Don't worry guys, I am still a Guzzi lover.

Mike

So Mike... whatever happened?

Once seen in person, did you decide to get one, or pass?

al

71457[/snapback]