Motorcycle Lifts, Any Suggestions?

Mike Stewart

Well, I think it is time for purchasing a motorcycle lift. Not one of the lifts that raise the bike just in the center, but a ramp style that can raise to 30 inches. Anyone know of a brand that works well and won't fall over when you turn your back on it? :huh2:

Thanks,

Mike

I bought one from Harbor Freight. $299 from China. Has a drop panel on the rear to remove rear wheels on some bikes. I like it except for the stop plate and front wheel clamp. Advrider.com has a couple of threads on lifts.

Wick

Mine is like Jaap's only it came in red. I agree with TR that Handy has the best lift. Right now I'm on a budget so I can get a new Cafe Sport. And I went with the alternative. Plan "A" is to get a Handy later on and use the budget lift for long term projects and the Handy for everyday up and down stuff. I like the electric model. Its more expensive, though I won't need full time air.

Wick

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

I will be going to the International bike show in San Jose on the 16th of this month(now the San Francisco show) and I know the Handy products will be there. Time to check them out.

Mike

Handy lifts are about the best (made here in Iowa!). I have a home-made lift, and the lesson I learned from that is - make sure you have a plate that covers the entire lift. It's nice to have a flat working area. I have a piece of channel that the bike sets in, and there's not much room to set down tools or bolts. I'm going to have to weld on some plate to get that surface area.

I like Handy lifts. Most shops use 'em, although they're quite expensive $750 to $1000 depending on what model you get.  They'll out last you & you can will 'em to grandkids.

http://www.thecarlsoncompany.com/handylifts/

69966[/snapback]

ewww, very niiiiiiiice :P:

Maybe next year once we get/build the new house, and I have a real garage again.

al

At the risk of stating the obvious- the Handilift requires a compressed air source- at least the model I have does.

I was lucky enough to have bought one 10 years ago when they were in the $600-650 range. Still great value for money spent considering the heavy duty materials and construction.

Handy didn't have any 'show specials' this year. While I appreciate the Handy, and others with a flat style table, the one I have still makes me have to lean over across the edge of the table to get to the bike. To me, the Kendon is the one. They are making the show route as well, worth a look.

Ciao, Steve G.

Looks like it HL by a landslide.

I bought a Handy Lift so I ... uhm ... Wayne Orwig :D ... could work on my Guzzis.

Here's the company site: http://www.handyindustries.com/shop/produc...duct=936&D=0&S=

Here's a few "action" shots: http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePhotos.j...rid=0&ownerid=0

Bill

Guest SantaFeRider

I also have the Harbor Freight $ 299 slit-eyed contraption.

It works very well with my heavy RT, so it should be a no-brainer with any Guzzi.

For what a normal self-wrenching dude can do, it's more than adequate, both in your wallet and in function.