Temptation - It's a terrible thing

Guest Nogbad

This is not one of those "I'm getting rid of my V11" threads.

I am keeping the V11. My problem is an overwhelming temptation to buy a Buell Firebolt. There are some great deals out there, like just over £6K for a new one, and some cracking late model deals on used.

But I've nowhere to keep a second bike unless I build a shed.......

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nogbad --

Give up -- you're done for. I'm a strong man, but was no match for this overwhelming desire.

Get the Firebolt and ride the piss out of it. I LOVE mine. I let two fellow Guzzisti and one BMW rider take it for a spin and they ALL want -- err -- NEED one now.

Build a shed -- then fill it with Firebolt. America loves you. :grin:

Seriously -- go for it. You won't regret it.

v50man

a proud Buell owner :bier:

I am keeping the V11. My problem is an overwhelming temptation to buy a Buell Firebolt. There are some great deals out there, like just over £6K for a new one, and some cracking late model deals on used.

75797[/snapback]

It must be a Guzzi thing, needing to try the weird and wonderful. We need a range of bikes on rental, then we try the Ural, deisel, velo solex, Firebolt, Jawa etc, spend the lustful leanings and not have to keep and support them. We can still stay with the one we love. Bit like having a lady of the night really.

You can't say Guzzi riders (sorry Guy) are not open to other ways of biking.

John

75797[/snapback]

For Christ's sake, don't build a shed! You don't know where it will end. A mate of mine went down that route five years ago or so: the machine he built the shed for is long gone, and he's since restored a lathe and a pillar drill.

Doc says I can try to ride again in a week.

Ain't she purty at night?

nightbolt.jpg

75845[/snapback]

I love everything about that model BUT the nose on it, its huge and doesn't fit right.

this one is freaking sick tho, Make it deep blue and I'm in line

rt.jpg

I might have to get this one... :P:

buell_xb12s.jpg

but I still want one of these real bad too, I'm gonna start clearing out my shed...

Aprilia_0328_600.jpg

:( build a shed ] :D:thumbsup:

75797[/snapback]

You are supposed to stop me throwing myself over the precipice into multiple bike ownership... Not push me over the edge.

What kind of friends are you?? :homer:

:2c: when the kids have gone, and then you use your dough for selfish wants.more bikes. because you can't have too many. 7 days in a week. over 7 is in disregard to family and gw. so be happy,and ride more often. thats my selfish philosophy.

Noggers

You have been after a Buell for ages- like you say there are many deals out there so just buy it- it looks like nice bike.

Nothing wrong with multi bike ownership- in fact its a good idea to have a back up bike for when your Guzzi is sick.

No need for you to feel guilty- indulge yourself.

sport12.gif

You are supposed to stop me throwing myself over the precipice into multiple bike ownership... Not push me over the edge.

What kind of friends are you?? :homer:

75891[/snapback]

Don't worry. It doesn't really count until you're into double figures.

Ahem.

m