V11 Tenni Spares

rick

I know the Tenni is based on the V11 Le Mans but do they share common items such as levers, foot rests, brake pedal etc?

76602[/snapback]

Hi Rick

Like Guzzirider l believe most of the hard bits are the same.

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I know the Tenni is based on the V11 Le Mans but do they share common items such as levers, foot rests, brake pedal etc?

76602[/snapback]

Hey Rick

Just been thinking (my brain is slow)- have you just bought the lightly damaged Tenni from RS motorcycles?

Guy :helmet:

Hey Rick

Just been thinking (my brain is slow)- have you just bought the lightly damaged Tenni from RS motorcycles?

Guy  :helmet:

76650[/snapback]

Guy

You are correct!! I did buy the bike from RS, it is delivered today (Wednesday) so I guess the search of the internet starts for the parts to repair it.

With regards to the OC meeting, unfortunatly I am away at work so cannot make it, thanks for the invite though, I will keep my eyes open for the next meeting.

Rick

Yep, the Tenni and V11(Sport, Naked, * Corsa, Scura, Rosso Mandello, Ballabio, Copa, LeMans....) are all essentially the same bike, and share many of their parts.

Very little(other than cosmetics and in the case of the LeMans based bikes, the fairing) is different between the models.

Now as a 2002 spec bike, the Tenni is a member of that unique "transition" year between 2001 and 2003 where the bike has some holdovers from the first generation bikes(00-01) and a few features that continued into what showed up in 2003. But other than the fuel system, and front suspension, any other changes are minor and should be interchangeable, other than some engine internals 2003+.

For the most part though, the Tenni has the most in common with the first two years of production, so any parts from an earlier bike will fit just fine in most cases. And as far as some cosmetic bits like bodywork and things like black levers, that would come from a 2002+ bike.

The only really significantly unique items to the Tenni would be the CF "chin pad" on the tank, TiN coated fork legs on the Marz forks, and maybe the accessory suede seat. These items might be harder to source.

Also, check out our FAQ on the model year changes for some more info:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5691

Hope that helps.

al

:mg: Hi Al,sorry but the "chin pad" on the Tenni tank is in aluminium not in carbon fiber. Is in CF the control panel. Best regards Tenni#60 :helmet:

Yep, the Tenni and V11(Sport, Naked, * Corsa, Scura, Rosso Mandello, Ballabio, Copa, LeMans....) are all essentially the same bike, and share many of  their parts.

Very little(other than cosmetics and in the case of the LeMans based bikes, the fairing) is different between the models.

Now as a 2002 spec bike, the Tenni is a member of that unique "transition" year between 2001 and 2003 where the bike has some holdovers from the first generation bikes(00-01) and a few features that continued into what showed up in 2003.  But other than the fuel system, and front suspension, any other changes are minor and should be interchangeable, other than some engine internals 2003+.

For the most part though, the Tenni has the most in common with the first two years of production, so any parts from an earlier bike will fit just fine in most cases.  And as far as some cosmetic bits like bodywork and things like black levers, that would come from a 2002+ bike.

The only really significantly unique items to the Tenni would be the CF "chin pad" on the tank, TiN coated fork legs on the Marz forks, and maybe the accessory suede seat.  These items might be harder to source.

Also, check out our FAQ on the model year changes for some more info:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5691

Hope that helps.

al

76799[/snapback]

:mg: Hi Al,sorry but the "chin pad" on the Tenni tank is in aluminium not in carbon fiber. Is in CF the control panel. Best regards  Tenni#60 :helmet:

76811[/snapback]

Ahh, interesting, then I guess it was the Rosso Mandello that had the CF "chin pad" plate :huh2:

In either case, the Tenni doesn't have the same squishy "chin pad" that the other 00-02 bikes have on top of the tank, and so that may be one part that is harder to source.

Al

Guest Mark Smith
:mg: Yes it's true : Tenni ad aluminium tank pad, Scura ad a CF tank pad and all the others have a rubber pad. Bye Bye #60 :helmet:

77359[/snapback]

Hi Rick - you beat me to the Tenni at RS! :(

I'd been putting together prices for a running repair. There are some non-carbon silencers in the classifieds in the main V11 forum for £25 that will get you back on the road (a Carbon set from a Scura recently went for £20-ish on e-bay), there are some V11 indicators currently on e-bay (togther with a host of parts from a german chap who is breaking a V11), and I've a spreadsheet listing the cost of getting the other parts new from Spares GB, which I will forward to you. Who is reparing the head? Colin at RS? I was concerned when I saw the bike about the meat that had been shaved off the front fork leg lower - but again there are some of these on e-bay too.

Best of luck with getting a beautiful bike back on the road! :D

Mark :helmet: