GT40 / Le Mans stripe

Guest PAULSMART

Guest PAULSMART

I'm thinking about a nice big black 'le mans / GT40' stripe down the centre of my greenie :( , but can't believe this would be an original idea - anyone done it?????

Apologies for poor bitmap pic, also picture whipped off a bike for sale on ebay, not mine

Paul

Paul, seen it done a few times, got a big stripe exactly like that down tank/seat on Tonti...Gunmetal on black....was gonna do it white but went for the tasteful option! I'll get a photo. Wide stripe looks great - go for it - not sure about black tho.....

KB :sun:

Paul,

I recommend using a vinyl adhesive backed stripe to try out on your pretty bike before taking the plunge and having the stripe painted on. Much easier to remove a vinyl stripe than a painted one if you don't like the results. I wanted SS stripes on my truck and could not figure out what width, length etc. so I bought a few sets of vinyl stripes and played with them till I got the results I wanted. This was two years ago and I still have not got around to having them painted on. :homer:

Now how do I get the GT40 exhaust system on the Guzzi? :grin:

Good luck,

Mike

I'm thinking about a nice big black 'le mans / GT40' stripe down the centre of my greenie :( , but can't believe this would be an original idea - anyone done it?????

Apologies for poor bitmap pic, also picture whipped off a bike for sale on ebay, not mine

Paul

77074[/snapback]

i Like it. Kind of like the center stripe on the KR RZ350's (yellow/black) they looked good. Speaking of paint. Any idea on what that Coppa Italia paintjob on the LeMans cost?

77088[/snapback]

I'm having a buddy of mine do a modified copa paint scheme for my tank he is school for body shop and very talented he'll do it for next to nothing too. its hard to explain but I will certainly post pics when its done and after I get the new tail section the bike will flow again. :food: