New tires, sport or touring?

Guest vratbastard

Guest geno929

I just put Dunlop 208 ZR's on the V11. Awesome!!! Hated the Pirelli Diablo Corsa's that came stock. Too much wiggle in left handers and they stepped out on me a few times. Put the Dunlop's on and went to Road Amercia last weekend for the Superbike races and track day. I am MUCH happier with the Dunlop's. Had to look for a bit to find them, but now I want another pair as back up! Paid $201 for the set / delivered.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barnapkin

I'll agree that technology has made many of the new tires excellent. Therefore, the only discernable difference is your brain. Once you find a tire that suits your riding style/needs "stick" with it. As long as you keep the rubber side down, then all is well.

I can say that the stock BT's on the lemans felt very slippery. Currently 208's are on my bikes, and they are great as long as they are not pushed to their limit (ie track day). One good track day made this very clear to me. For the street, they heat up quickly, and have good grip at a "street" pace/conditions.

I have seen the pilot powers at the track, and their wear is better than the 208s; less balling. The older hi-powers took a long time to heat up vs. the old 207s. (by buddy used to call them hockey pucks) Michigan has a lot of cool days, so this is important.

Next time, I'm going to try a set of pilot powers, and see how they compare to the 208s. Technology is always improving the breed. Open mind, open road. :2c: