Chiropractors  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Chiropractors

• Doctors
    • Witch Doctors
    • Massage therapist

v_mushrooms.jpg

the ingredients are:

Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk, Soya Lecithin, Salt, Vanilla, and Happy.

I assume its the "happy" do you see spots?

I gotta lay of this stuff. you ever notice you have 4 fingers and 1 thumb, on EACH hand. :rasta:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those nice ladies that give you massage in Thailand- are they doctors too?

77958[/snapback]

Let's try to keep this discusion on some reasonable intellectual level. If you are incapable of that, please refrain from posting your trite comments. :moon:

Ben, does your stuff do anything for total sense of humour failure?

77996[/snapback]

are you talking about me? because I've been told I am completely not funny. I hope it isn't true but I haven't found a cure yet. I find myself funny but that doesn't count who doesn't. :huh2:

are you talking about me? because I've been told I am completely not funny. I hope it isn't true but I haven't found a cure yet. I find myself funny but that doesn't count who doesn't.  :huh2:

77999[/snapback]

I don't give a rat's ass if you're funny. This thread was completely redeemed by adding cowbell.

are you talking about me? because I've been told I am completely not funny. I hope it isn't true but I haven't found a cure yet. I find myself funny but that doesn't count who doesn't.  :huh2:

77999[/snapback]

Since BFG went into seclusion, I vote DBG as the funniest! :lol:

Although there are many runners up.

Perhaps we should have a poll?????

playing_doctor.jpg

PS here is a good anti-AMA article

http://www.mises.org/fullstory.aspx?control=1547&id=69

77999[/snapback]

No, I wasn't talking about you, Ben. I was hoping you could help someone else on this thread.

Since BFG went into seclusion, I vote DBG as the funniest!  :lol:

Although there are many runners up.

Perhaps we should have a poll?????

78023[/snapback]

Yes, let's have a poll. I like polls.

Ups!!! sorry a long one...

I do not believe that the problem are the 'alternative' doctors, because we all reserve the right to critique them and we are watchful of the procedures and results of their practice, we handle them under our critique.

That is good becuase we free ourselves of the cultural embellishment of the "Doctor's" status, and we allow ourselves to say: that is bullshit, or yes this indeed works...

What worries me is what we are not inclined to criticize.

The traditional MD:

I did work at the University of Texas for a number of years and I have witness the shrinking of the core classes the MD were suppose to attend in order to learn anatomy and other basic things.

In a particular school they compressed the basic anatomy to 6 weeks. Together with that, now they are many classes are being taught over the internet, depleted of the complex face to face and group learning. So a new Doctor is basically a very illustrated ignorant of the most basic principles of medicine.

I have the luck of considering myself a friend of one of the emeritus professors at UT who in his mid seventies shares with me how afraid he is of the future of the profession.

From a production point of view the Doctor-patient relationship is now organized around rather economical criteria so you get less than 10 minutes for a complete clinical examination…in this context ‘palpation and observation’ –the millennial- old approach is replaced by lab works… Lab works are a good clue but quite short sighted without the clinic…

Worst of all you may not even get to see a graduated MD, it is very likely that you will be diagnosed and treated by a Physician Assistant, acting as a Doctor instead of assisting him or her…

:bier: Me I’ll rather go for “Those nice ladies that give you massage in Thailand” at least it would be money well spent in a biological relieve (pleasure :grin: ). Nobody will try to full you to make you buy what is not there.

My Insurance designated Doctor a young Associated Professor at UT, at least plays the act, but for real health care I go to the real people –those old Doctors that know about people in and out-.

Real doctors played with the cadavers at school, they got dirty, they really met the flesh with the scalp and know how it feels… it was not TV or a computer based learning who made the doctors. It was the smell of the mortuary, the touch real human organs, and the relation with real patients (not plastic dolls…)

In this context I tend to reduce new doctors’ practice to the same level you may fear of the witch doctor, but more dangerous because we just trust them… It is our entire fault…

Once my wife wanted to get pregnant and had to slam her designated MD’s (PCP) door to get the referral she needed –to a real doctor- (with the right credentials and experience) it was the only way to get the right treatment… (Now we have a great daughter who loves MG :mg: )…

So I’ll say anywhere you go get the maximum amount of information, study it yourself and make informed decisions. Do not just trust them.

Anthro

Guest aironepony

I would like to add to the growing lists of "alternative medical treatments" the new and astounding science of "Wallet Therapy".

Blocked and swollen wallets are often the cause of much suffering. The symptoms can be relieved by a simple incision and extraction of the contents. The effect is instantaneous. The patient feels that the procedure is effective because of the significant loss of a material known as "wealth".

Many researchers are attributing the success of the other "alternative therapies" to this hitherto unrecognised mechanism.

................... :thumbsup:

Once my wife wanted to get pregnant and had to slam her designated MD’s (PCP) door to get the referral she needed –to a real doctor- (with the right credentials and experience) it was the only way to get the right treatment… (Now we have a great daughter who loves MG  :mg: )…

So I’ll say anywhere you go get the maximum amount of information, study it yourself and make informed decisions. Do not just trust them.

Anthro

78078[/snapback]

And sometimes it just takes luck to find a good doctor.

Perhaps there are ways to research a good doctor, but I would not know where to begin.

After a few personal references of "great" (not) Doctors, the doctor I have now appears to be the best I have ever had.

If any San Diegans need a truly good PCP, drop me a line.

Which reminds me, it has been almost three years since I had a checkup.

I would like to add to the growing lists of "alternative medical treatments" the new and astounding science of "Wallet Therapy".

Blocked and swollen wallets are often the cause of much suffering. The symptoms can be relieved by a simple incision and extraction of the contents. The effect is instantaneous. The patient feels that the procedure is effective because of the significant loss of a material known as "wealth".

Many researchers are attributing the success of the other "alternative therapies" to this hitherto unrecognised mechanism.

................... :thumbsup:

78149[/snapback]

funny, I feel better when the wallet gets fatter!

Viva La Pay Day!

I kinda like the idea of cash practices the medical industry in america is way out of control. its sickening the amount of wasted money that goes into it. I know many good things have come out and they save peoples lives and you can't put a $$$ on a life but I think they should. Make some kind of universal scale for everything. Don't even get me started on the schools in this country, when a private school that costs 6-10,000 a year with 15-20 kids per class has higher test scores and college admittance than 5,000 a kid from the government (aprox) and everything they have paid for by the government and the teachers can barely afford to live and ok I'm done I have a lot of friends that are or WERE going to be teachers and I've seen some of the underbelly and lemme tell ya capitalisim isn't always so great. :huh: