• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this coop

85162[/snapback]

nice, but a bit too girly for the crowd that gather in Frenchbob's barn to admire his machinery.

0001-0856.jpg

Les motocyclistes are amused when Serge entertains with his Max Wall impression (out of shot).

I guess BFG left part of the recipe out. The part that goes: Blow chicken's head to kingdom come with 12 bore fowling piece.....

Then you are ok to go with the rest once you have plucked and eviscerated the beast.

85122[/snapback]

what a word[eviscerated] i once worked at the eviscerating table of an abatoir called the university of life. [by local folk] :(

nice, but a bit too girly for the crowd that gather in Frenchbob's barn to admire his machinery.

0001-0856.jpg

Les motocyclistes are amused when Serge entertains with his Max Wall impression (out of shot).

85167[/snapback]

But in shot, if you look carefully, is my Thunderbird! I'm the one in the style-free PVC jacket. Plus ca change, etc

But in shot, if you look carefully, is my Thunderbird!

85288[/snapback]

erm..

is that another name for your Serge?

But anyway, nice as the machinery is, what fascinates me are the tantalising glimpses of rural french stylee background mise en scène.

Have you died and gone to heaven?

But anyway, nice as the machinery is, what fascinates me are the tantalising glimpses of rural french stylee background mise en scène.

Have you died and gone to heaven?

85317[/snapback]

Good God! They're breeding: I must go an have a look. And who invited YMCA in there?

To answer your question, Belfast: basically, yes! But there are problems in paradise:

1. I keep running out of money, and, since I no longer work, the supply is now finite;

2. my summers seem to be occupied with guests [non-paying];

3. my winters seem to be occupied with keeping a supply of dry wood handy to heat the house;

4. any remaining time I have seems to be occupied with stopping said house reverting to its original ingredients, mainly rubble [winter], stopping everything growing that isn't required to grow [summer] and processing all the stuff that is required to grow [most of the time];

5. I can't afford to keep an establishment in the UK [no, hang on: that's NOT a problem!];

6. for every quiet moment, with glass in hand, gazing at views I dreamed of in the UK, there's a bureaucrat sitting behind a mahogany desk waiting to send me ten forms, all of which need sending in quadruplicate to four other bureaucrats, all of whom will send further forms which it's an offence not to fill in, just because I had the temerity to ask whether I really needed to pay for a TV licence since I don't have a TV - it's like living on the film set of 'Brazil' sometimes!

I wouldn't go back, though, and I LIKE living in a republic: I'm a citizen here, not a subject....

Looks like it's time to write a book?

Also, get the summer guests to collect the winter fuel.

Supplement the winter timber with your collection of forms (in quadruplicate).

Open a YMCA in the barn and charge membership. Then start a DIY club teaching essential maintenance and restoration skills through practical, hands on experience at a 'suitable project'.

That will be £300 consultancy, thanks.

Looks like it's time to write a book?

Also, get the summer guests to collect the winter fuel.

Supplement the winter timber with your collection of forms (in quadruplicate).

Open a YMCA in the barn and charge membership. Then start a DIY club teaching essential maintenance and restoration skills through practical, hands on experience at a 'suitable project'.

That will be £300 consultancy, thanks.

85374[/snapback]

These are good ideas, but.....

I didn't finish the previous dozen writing projects I started...I always end up in the garage, "thinking"...

Winter fuel is cut and collected the previous winter, alas! [no guests then] Ever on the ball, I'm just about to cut next year's...

The third one contains the word "teaching"............................! [pauses to take a fortifying sip]

There's no room for a YMCA in the barn anyway: it's full of ancient French furniture, ancient bikes, ancient agricultural implements, ancient, dismantled lathe, chickens [recent], etc

Your fee has been dispatched by carrier hen.