Buell mirrors for LeMans

Tom M

I searched the forum looking for mirror extenders so I could see beyond my elbows and found the Buell solution. I found the part numbers but also saw that some people found the mirrors were an exact match to the stock Lemans mirrors, not longer. I think I know why...

The long story:

I called the local Harley emporium and asked if they had N0161-2A8 & N0162-2A8

in stock. They said they did so I went there to buy them. Once my eyes recovered from the glare of all that chrome in there, I spotted the parts counter a couple hundred yards away through a sea of Harleys and one lonely Buell. The parts guy had the mirrors on the counter for me, they were exactly like my LeMans mirrors. We checked the part numbers and realized that he had N0161-02A8 & N0162-02A8. Note the extra zero after the dash. He went back to his keyboard and punched in the numbers that I gave him over the phone and found that those were available too. I ordered them and expect them in next week.

The short story:

Buell part numbers for extended mirrors to fit LeMans=

N0161-2A8 (left side)

N0162-2A8 (right side)

Buell part number for standard LeMans mirrors=

N0161-02A8 (left side)

N0162-02A8 (right side)

I hope this clears things up for the next searcher.

I haven't put mine on yet, but, I too have gotten down to the local HD shop and purchased the wider mirror sets. I was lucky to get them cash and carry. The shop had to stock a lot of parts for the Buells for the Buell demo weekend here in Memphis that they wouldn't normally stock. I got these mirrors just prior to their return to the warehouse. Maybe put them on this weekend.

Wick

Guest azccj

Went down to the Buell dealer today. They had the right side in stock and ordered the left side, which will be here next week. I can't believe they sell these things for just $19.60 each. I put the right one on when I got home and I must say it looks fantastic. Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!! The only negative about the mirors that I see is that they have that stupid, "Objects in mirror are closer then they appear" warning etched into them that the Guzzi mirors do not have. <_<

• 17 years later...
11 hours ago, Dragonknee said:

Such a old thread, but wondering if anyone has a set of the longer stalked mirrors laying around... Just checking...Thanks 

Thanks for reviving this thread!

Both my mirrors have non reflective patches on them.

Does anybody know if you can replace the glass part of the mirror? like a company that would cut the glass to exactly fit your mirror?

• Thanks 1

On 11/20/2023 at 9:25 AM, p6x said:

Thanks for reviving this thread!

Both my mirrors have non reflective patches on them.

Does anybody know if you can replace the glass part of the mirror? like a company that would cut the glass to exactly fit your mirror?

Not sure if you wanted to go in different direction,but some time ago,I filed this info cc'd below,just in case I ever needed mirrors for my Lemans.

I "think" the original info on the mirrors suitability,was from a link on this forum to a magazine article, "Moto Guzzi Sport 1100i  Motorcycle Life" 

There were photos in the article, they looked nice,unfortunately they're imbedded images and I'm digitally challenged :grin:

fwiw fyi

Original mirrors are last century style, and have a nasty habit of folding when you ride fast (Easy to do on this bike)
The solution was a set of aftermarket mirrors originally designed for Honda CBR600F4/VTR1000SP1. They fit
perfectly when you rotate the mounting bracket 180 degrees – a five minute job.
And even better – they are spaced a little wider, allowing you to see more than your own shoulders……

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/22/2023 at 8:59 AM, 80CX100 said:

Not sure if you wanted to go in different direction,but some time ago,I filed this info cc'd below,just in case I ever needed mirrors for my Lemans.

I "think" the original info on the mirrors suitability,was from a link on this forum to a magazine article, "Moto Guzzi Sport 1100i  Motorcycle Life" 

There were photos in the article, they looked nice,unfortunately they're imbedded images and I'm digitally challenged :grin:

fwiw fyi

Original mirrors are last century style, and have a nasty habit of folding when you ride fast (Easy to do on this bike)
The solution was a set of aftermarket mirrors originally designed for Honda CBR600F4/VTR1000SP1. They fit
perfectly when you rotate the mounting bracket 180 degrees – a five minute job.
And even better – they are spaced a little wider, allowing you to see more than your own shoulders……

I am a sucker for keeping my Le Mans as close as possible to its original state, including accessories.

This is one of the reason I got the odometer fixed rather than going digital.

The Le Mans mirrors cannot fold, and mine are still doing the job even if the reflected image has holes. In any case, I always verify by directly looking before I change lanes. So it is purely subjective.

I have a couple of leads I am going to follow; if push comes to shove, I will live with the defect, although I am afraid they will only get worse.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2023 at 9:47 PM, p6x said:

I am a sucker for keeping my Le Mans as close as possible to its original state, including accessories.

This is one of the reason I got the odometer fixed rather than going digital.

The Le Mans mirrors cannot fold, and mine are still doing the job even if the reflected image has holes. In any case, I always verify by directly looking before I change lanes. So it is purely subjective.

I have a couple of leads I am going to follow; if push comes to shove, I will live with the defect, although I am afraid they will only get worse.

TBH,when I filed that info away for the mirrors,I was under the mistaken impression that all of the fairing mirrors on the different spine models were the same;

I realize now as you've pointed out,they're not all a match.

I agree with you in trying to maintain the originality of certain parts if at all possible;especially with limited production models,like the V11 Lemans.

To anyone who is in the market for mirrors for their spine frame,do your due diligence.

Sportis,1100i,Sports,Scuras,Cafe Sports,Lemans etc are not all identical.

fyi fwiw