look what I got

DeBenGuzzi

mg-gas-tank-02.jpg

I also have a CF chin pad, just need the front fender and a lil help from paul  :food:

89971[/snapback]

Beautiful. Remind me . . . did you suffer a get off and just fixing her back, or are you creating artistically? :notworthy:

artisrtic, I'll have the old tank repainted at some point and swap'em out when this new tank gets all beat up. My current tank has some bubbles in it and a couple rub marks from either the tank being mishapen or the steering lock not being closed enough. WHICH is welded to the frame so that would be luigi :luigi:

DSCF0036.JPG Here's what I did, House of Kolor Limetime Pearl, LeMans 1 decals, feaux anadized valvecovers, alt cover & wheels, Smokin'! :rasta:

89982[/snapback]

I don't want to go red on the alt covers the lettering is red and my frame is red I don't want to over do the red, but I do want to get a red dummy lights cover, and maybe, ... maybe sell my gold resivor caps to buy red ones. :huh2: going for a theme of red and carbon. At the same time I really like the silver I think I'd like the tank done in a traditional Guzzi green and silver like a tenny green swoosh on the bottom half of the tank with the rest silver.

I love that Rosso Mandello red.... The RM would be gorgeous with a silver engine like the 00's had.

Somewhat on topic, i was wondering if the carbon fiber tank chin pad fit the '00 red frames with the padded pad? I would like one to replace my current chin pad, which has gotten somewhat weathered looking.

If so, are the CF pads currently available from Guzzi??? Thanks all...

DBG,

Looks like your tank came without the regulator, sensor and petcock. It would make it mighty easy to check if the petcock will fit in the regulator hole etc and post results on Tech Topics on the thread for getting more fuel from the tank.

Beautiful tank, BTW. You're going to a CF fender?

If so, are the CF pads currently available from Guzzi???

hey, yeah, where did ya get the CF chin-pad?

90102[/snapback]

Umm on here, someone got it from Guzzi(its an OEM part) I don't even remember what I paid and it doesn't quite fit, notice my bodge point, Anyway I'm going to shorten the mounting posts if they don't line up and attatch them to a small strip of metal and then use the OEM ball snaps, I'll show pics this is hard to explain. :luigi:

maybe I can relocate things AND get more fuel from the tank huh? we'll see :huh2:

maybe I'll end up destroying everything in the process and have to put the silver tank back on. would that be another golden bodge noggy? :huh:

the original red frame with this metalic red tank, won't that bite??

90012[/snapback]

you mean too much? I hope not. We'll see. I think red wheels like I've seen are too much though. I'd like to add the red bolts for the gas cap and a red dummy light cover and maybe change out my gold resivor caps for red ones. I've got so much to do and so little money to do it. :(

this weekend I'm doing the big service(minus the oil change did that 2 weeks ago)

DSCF0036.JPG Here's what I did, House of Kolor Limetime Pearl, LeMans 1 decals, feaux anadized valvecovers, alt cover & wheels, Smokin'! :rasta:

89982[/snapback]

Pepperoni - how did you do the valve covers? My original ones are starting to fade, the color look really close to the original red. It is paint I assume - brand, where did you buy it, color name? I'd really like to re do them this summer. Thanks!

Guest bluezrx26

there are some realy nice paint jobs here....i find the paint isn't that good of quality on my 2004 is it just the year or are they all like this? i think it is just the red. :bbblll:

the original red frame with this metalic red tank, won't that bite??

90012[/snapback]

:stupid:

Not only will it bite, it will look "like a flag on a dredger" (dutch proverb)

Sorry Ben, that color scheme won't work.