Four comments:

1. Ratchet, shame on ya'. Life is too short for cheap beer.

2. dhansen- I salute you sir.

3. Antonio, Egyptians were making a form of beer long before Europeans. I think the Europeans (Belgians) drank meade in pre-medieval times. They make a fine beer now.

4. The best beers I've ever had are homebrews. The worst beers I've ever had are homebrews...no, wait- the worst was "chili beer" :vomit:

bonus statements to make up for the pevious one- Sierra Nevada makes a fine commercial beer. Arrogant Bastard ale is also really, really good.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer in Europe has been produced before America has been discovered.

Do realize that beer here in Europe, especially, Belgium beer, is the most tasty in all Europe!!!

92197[/snapback]

Amen, Antonio!

If you want good beer then look out for the Belgian brands. They are second to none, especially the Chimay Bleu (trappiste beer made by the monks)

Trappist.jpg

Skål! :drink:

Søren

Amen, Antonio!

If you want good beer then look out for the Belgian brands. They are second to none, especially the Chimay Bleu (trappiste beer made by the monks)

Skål! :drink:

Søren

92216[/snapback]

agree Søren. but you rarely manage more than one. they are meal and drink in one. for longer sessions of drinking and hellraising I go for either Heineken or Hoegaarden, both light summer beers which are impossible to enjoy in small quantities.

...heineken in team with a small frozen Porse snaps.... heaven....

but when in Dublin; give Guinness a try. Guinness in Dublin has a completely different taste from Guinness abroad. pure cream! addictive!

The best beer is the cold beer that you have on a hot day or the quality beer that you have with your supper or the cheap beer that you have with your friends whilst camping.

There are so many beers and everyones tastes are so diverse (and in some cases so discerning that it becomes almost as complicated as global warming) that no way could beer be rated in a way that would satisfy us all.

There are times when I have had a cheap beer (like Lucky Lager) and at the time it was just like the worst blowjob I ever had!

F@%&$g awesome!!

One beer is not enough!

Two beers are just right!

Three beers are too many!

Four beers are not enough!!

Cheers everyone!

schweikr.gif

l103324-05162002-880.JPG

The best beer is the cold beer that you have on a hot day or the quality beer that you have with your supper or the cheap beer that you have with your friends whilst camping.

One beer is not enough!

Two beers are just right!

Three beers are too many!

Four beers are not enough!!

Cheers everyone!

schweikr.gif

l103324-05162002-880.JPG

92228[/snapback]

Too right, The best beer I had recently was the Guinness at the ERIN rally in Ireland. :bier:

I think since I arrived at just before lunch and I retired a couple of hours in to the next day I must of had about 10 of these "best beers" It will explain why my tent stayed up, as I put it up on arrival, and John O'Sullivan's and BFG's fell down the following day, in the heavy rain and wind whilst we were out, as they arrived very late in the evening and I "helped" put them up. :lol:

It always amuses me when people argue about the correctness of opinions. There is no wrong or right opinion, you can't apply pure objective evaluation to pure subjectivity.

Semantics aside...

1. Bass ale

2. Kronenbourg (can't find it anymore, but I'm further from 'civilization' than before)

3. Red Hook IPA

4. Stella Artois

5. Chimay

6. Dominion ale (they also make a wonderful root beer)

7. Guinness stout

8. Miller High Life

9. Rolling Rock

10. Amstel Light

These all pale before the mighty "Felderbrau", brewed by myself and an old friend Allan Fields. We got a recipie to copy Guinness from our friendly beer making supply guy, and he hit it perfectly. We did blind taste tests with real Guinness, and people could honestly not tell the difference. Only 5 cases ever existed. We also did an ale we ended up naming "Vesuvius"... we were going for maximum alcohol content, and put a bit too much sugar into it. The fermentation (especially the secondary, in-bottle fermentation) produced more carbonation than we bargained for, and they became little bombs. Several exploded in Allan's apartment, coating the walls with stickyness. His wife was righteously pissed off, and we had to relocate the batch outside, where temperature variations took an even heavier toll. What was left was so fizzy it took a full minute to open one if you didn't want to wear nearly the whole thing. Pouring it in a glass was another minute. It actually tasted pretty good, and was the most powerful (alcohol content wise) beer I've ever had.

All this talk of beer is making a very convincing argument towards my leaving work early. :P::P: .

The "best beer" thing almost always depends on the place, company, ride or situation-but a fresh Heinekin, from the source in Amsterdam...doesn't get much better than that.

:2c:

0031_NewWaterCooler.jpg

bodypaint4.jpg

yup. Chimay - brewed by Belgian monks using some yeast that only grows in their basement (or something like that). Wonderful stuff. More like getting stoned than drunk. Just gets you up on the plane and mellow... :bier:

Expensive is OK - you don't need a lot to keep the mood going.

Rj

well then, they should pump out a absenth style stout, that'd be somthin.

I'm Really a whiskEy and coke kinda man myself, jack&, Makers&, Woodford&, Crown& I don't care what it costs, its going in coke.  :grin:

:bier:

92298[/snapback]

Oh Golly! Don't get me started about whiskey, or I'll have to tell you about the 19 samplings of single malt scotch I have in my bar. Or the 3 single pot Irish whiskey's. No sour mash for me. And drowning it in coke is a criminal offence. Cold water only.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Mountaineer

Oh man, only my second night on the forum and I discover a 2 page thread about beer! I am REALLY gonna' like this place :bier:

Any of you guys ever try any of Rogue's brews?

Dead Guy Ale - :P:

Dead_Guy_Ale.gif

Some of my favorites:

Newcastle

Rolling Rock

Leinenkugels

Yuengling

Guinness

Red Hook ESB

Just about any good Porter or IPA

The list goes on and on....

I dabble a little in homebrewing as well.

Steve :bier: