Do you own more than one bike right now ?

Jock Guzzi

I'll be picking up bike no 2 on saturday (no1 = Ballabio no 2 = new Triumph Sprint ST 1050) and I'm starting to wonder why, apart from having a mid life crisis, do I really need 2 bikes in the garage.

Obviously I've convinced myself that the Ballabio is great for thrashing around the Highlands of Scotland whereas the Sprint will take the strain out of the European trip in Sept, but is two really just a waste of cash. Help me guys, I need advise, I'm feeling guilty and wondering if I have been a little implusive.

PS, while I love Guzzis and hopefully will always have one, you can't beat a motorcycle that pulls the old arms out of their sockets. Nothing beats knowing that you can pretty much cream most things on the road :D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be picking up bike no 2 on saturday  (no1 = Ballabio no 2 = new Triumph Sprint ST 1050) and I'm starting to wonder why, apart from having a mid life crisis, do I really need 2 bikes in the garage.

Obviously I've convinced myself that the Ballabio is great for thrashing around the Highlands of Scotland whereas the Sprint will take the strain out of the European trip in Sept, but is two really just a waste of cash. Help me guys, I need advise, I'm feeling guilty and wondering if I have been a little implusive.

PS, while I love Guzzis and hopefully will always have one, you can't beat a motorcycle that pulls the old arms out of their sockets. Nothing beats knowing that you can pretty much cream most things on the road  :D

94930[/snapback]

I need at least six to fill my hearts desire . . .

mg_v11_le_mans_rosso_corsa.jpg

1.jpg

53DC3542.jpg

thumb_1,200_0.jpg

zx7r-ye-1.jpg

norge-big.jpg

I'll be picking up bike no 2 on saturday

Since I have always done my own maintenance I find two bikes to be the perfect combination. When I get a wild hair and begin some unnecessary modification I still have a bike that runs.

More than two makes it difficult for me to keep up with the need for attention.

DW

I'll be picking up bike no 2 on saturday

Since I have always done my own maintenance I find two bikes to be the perfect combination. When I get a wild hair and begin some unnecessary modification I still have a bike that runs.

More than two makes it difficult for me to keep up with the need for attention.

DW

94949[/snapback]

:stupid:

I kinda need something like that, but I still can't decide on what, if I lived in the country I'd get the beemer gs or the ulysses(used for sure) but I live in a paved playground so maybe a cityx, mv agusta 750, speed triple my list is so long I care not to list it, but one of the tops for the roads-dealer network-parts support is Harley Davidson I keep coming back to it for one reason or another and I just think I'm too young is the only thing holding me back(that and the 15k for one used or not) :huh2:

I definatly need 2 bikes tho, 3 would be better. :food:

Guest Nogbad
I'll be picking up bike no 2 on saturday  (no1 = Ballabio no 2 = new Triumph Sprint ST 1050) and I'm starting to wonder why, apart from having a mid life crisis, do I really need 2 bikes in the garage.

PS, while I love Guzzis and hopefully will always have one, you can't beat a motorcycle that pulls the old arms out of their sockets. Nothing beats knowing that you can pretty much cream most things on the road  :D

94930[/snapback]

I know exactly how you feel; Is the mileage you do on each enough to justify two insurances, two VEDs etc? I still don't know. I've even taken to the heresy of using the older V11 in the rain and keeping the new Buell for dry days..... I have a terrible feeling the Guzzi might end up being a winter hack..... A bit like Martin's!

Different classes of motorcycles to suit ones riding mood is entirely acceptable. I currently have 3 bikes and a project to cover:

Modern sport

classic or vintage

offroad

Future considerations must include:

Adventure touring

vintage sport or cafe

touring sport

cruisng ( for when I'm over 70)

One nice thing about vintage bikes is the insurance is dirt cheap, $13 for my T3 for entire year.

waspp

Wick, you need help. It'll be a strain on me, but as a friend, I feel a need to help you. I'll store your bikes for awhile as you address and face your addiction. Fear not, because your bikes will have my Eldo, G5 #1 and G5 #2, V11Sport, 750 Breva, KLR650, CL77 and CT90 to keep them company. :grin: