K&N pod air filter problem

Bbennett

Guest ratchethack

Bob, all I can see is a missing part of the screen mesh. While this may be a QC problem, it looks to be cosmetic only and therefore unrelated to performance. Have you had a close look at it? I'd assume it to be OK as long as the filter element is intact. I assume this, otherwise you'd likely have mentioned it, -- also I assume that it has the proper application of filter oil. :huh2:

Thanks - your post is helpful. I should re-oil, good point. And I think I will rotate it so the missing mesh is not in view. The bike is running perfectly, I seem to have a V11 that just goes and goes (knock on wood I know!)

Am leaving for the local VME meeting tonite in a few minutes - it is totally sunny here in Seattle and there will be lots of vintage bikes for sure. VME= Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts. Maybe I will see some other Forum members..

Nothing is missing, Nothing is wrong, they all have the metal strip, they have to connect the filter in some manner, spin it around and relax. Buy a recharge kit $15 good for about a hundred applications, no joke. Mine have the crome caps :bbblll:

I wonder if I should order a new one because one of my filters was made on a friday for sure the sealant on the inside at the bottom(kinda glues the cap on too I imagine) is all over the place inside and the other is perfect :huh2: I worry too much myself but with filters I know I could go with a small metal screen mesh and be fine, just don't tell rachet :ninja:

Indeed, when I went to oil the pods I saw the metal strip was present on the other pod as well.....my mistake. This seems to be a normal characteristic of the K&N pods to have this metal strip. Why I never noticed it until now is another question. Anyway, thanks to all, pls consider the matter "closed".

Indeed, when I went to oil the pods I saw the metal strip was present on the other pod as well.....my mistake. This seems to be a normal characteristic of the K&N pods to have this metal strip. Why I never noticed it until now is another question. Anyway, thanks to all, pls consider the matter "closed".

Gday Men

Didn't know you had to oil K&N filters,I don"t have them yet but I was thinking about it.Would this also apply to K&N flat filter thingy that goe's in the original holder.

Thanks in advance. GILLY :drink:

Didn't know you had to oil K&N filters,I don"t have them yet but I was thinking about it.Would this also apply to K&N flat filter thingy that goe's in the original holder.

Yes, it's the oil that does the main work in all these type of fliters, whatever the make or shape.

When it's dirty, then the old oil needs to be cleaned out and fresh oil applied.

How's she run with the pods? I have the FBF lidless set-up on my '02 LeMans which I think is pretty good, but I love the look of the pod filters on the V11.

They run fine with the pods, but although some may argue the point.... it has been shown by several tests that a lidless airbox produces more power, specifically by the Guzzitech crew.

That being said, I aesthetically prefer(and have) a pod setup, and I doubt the difference is very great or that noticeable practically speaking between the pod or lidless performance.

So pick your own poison, and you'll be fine :P

I actually just put a set of these on:

UniFilter-Guzzi_72.jpg

I've ordered some angled UNI filters that I think will actually work a little better, but we'll see.

But they look great installed, and are a quality piece of work.

Al

They run fine with the pods, but although some may argue the point.... it has been shown by several tests that a lidless airbox produces more power, specifically by the Guzzitech crew.

That being said, I aesthetically prefer(and have) a pod setup, and I doubt the difference is very great or that noticeable practically speaking between the pod or lidless performance.

So pick your own poison, and you'll be fine :P

I actually just put a set of these on:

UniFilter-Guzzi_72.jpg

I've ordered some angled UNI filters that I think will actually work a little better, but we'll see.

But they look great installed, and are a quality piece of work.

Al

look nice sure, but Oi those are hard to clean, I have that type of filter on my Mugen MST-01 :nerd: