1200s at a dealer in pescara

Paul Minnaert

"The new 1200 Sport is a proper hairy-chested man's bike and on the road this beefy hunk of steel is truly Guzzi's best yet"

and

"The Sport is one big mutha"

I imagine what would they say if they test it with the racing kit that Guzzi offers for this bike,how's about that ?:

"The new 1200 Sport with the Guzzi racing kit , is a proper hairy-chested man's bike and those beefy engine blocks pack more meat than butcher's shop" :D

:bier:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the racing kit will be a exhaust system ( 2-1-2) + eprom, that gives > 100 hp according to the guzzi website: yeah right, 100. 1 hp Not so strange from adding an open system without euro3. Normal power specs are the same as the norge, so see it as a norge without full fairing.

new pictures on moto guzzi italia website.

I think the racing kit will be a exhaust system ( 2-1-2) + eprom, that gives > 100 hp according to the guzzi website: yeah right, 100. 1 hp Not so strange from adding an open system without euro3. Normal power specs are the same as the norge, so see it as a norge without full fairing.

Last Norge dyno chart I saw showed about 75 rwbhp- not too dissimilar from other big Guzzis.

If anyone is really expecting 100bhp, even at the crank, dream on.

It is marketing shite to make the bike seem sportier than it really is.

Guy :helmet:

Last Norge dyno chart I saw showed about 75 rwbhp- not too dissimilar from other big Guzzis.

If anyone is really expecting 100bhp, even at the crank, dream on.

It is marketing shite to make the bike seem sportier than it really is.

A twin spark 2V guzzi with with 1150-1160cc , with the correct tunning ,can go around 115-120 PS(at the back wheel as it is stated).

Now, why couldn't ,an open 1200S ,get 100hp at the real wheel?.I don't thing the motor would be so underpowered as is, i.e. in the Calli.'s (compared with the Sport ie 's)

At the other hand Guzzi lattely doesn't seem to get improved in the power department with their bikes, even if they are twin spark and so on,(Euro3 isn't a so big excuse here for me about it),

and if the 1200S is just another Norge version in the motor that I wouldn't expect much.

At the below chart both bikes are optimised from Dynotec the 91PS is a series sport Dynotec chip and exaust and the other 1160 twin spark exaust and other Dynotec goodies. h025.gif

Ohh I'm glad I have a Sporti.!!! k015.gif

According to the magazine measurment done in Dynotec and in in the back wheel (Hinterrad)

guzzi1160tp2.jpg

Now , where are my sleeping pills..... f025.gif

..I think I'll just read the magazine...... good night

To my way of thinking, the good news about the racing kit/power improvement has nothing to do with the 1200S, but that here's a way to turn your Norge into something approximating a true sport touring bike. Bring a Norge up to 100 whp for a reasonable price, then you actually start turning the heads of some BMW, Ducati, Triumph, and Aprilia riders, maybe just maybe.

The 1200S is some sort of strange attempt to add a bike to the lineup without spending any money on adding a bike to the lineup. If you want a Guzzi sport bike, wait for Guzzi to spend some R&D money and actually introduce a sport bike.

boys stop! it's 100 hp at the crank. As it is 95 claimed at the crack stock. You will need a lot more to get 100 hp at the wheel. And Alex, you do read german well? In your diagram is the text, motorleistung that is enginepower. In the text on the right is also explained that they measure the wheel, and muliply it with losses to get the crank power. "hochgerechnet"

I think the point is, that it does not matter to us Guzzisti. It still may be a good bike even it "only" makes 80rwbhp with a race kit. We know that, or we would not be riding Guzzis.

Trouble is that Guzzi need to also attract non-Guzzisti to the bike, so they will make it seem powerful so it does not look weak compared to other naked roadsters.

Its like teenage boys boasting about their @#$$#! size to girls- will always add an inch or two just to impress them, and they hope they don't notice to much when they get to ride it!

boys stop! it's 100 hp at the crank. As it is 95 claimed at the crack stock. You will need a lot more to get 100 hp at the wheel. And Alex, you do read german well? In your diagram is the text, motorleistung that is enginepower. In the text on the right is also explained that they measure the wheel, and muliply it with losses to get the crank power. "hochgerechnet"

Yes you"re right, but it was night , I was tired and didn"t read it all well, will post you another diagram with an (aprox.) 125PS 2V motor (at the crank , or at the clutch or at you name it)

. Anyways , to make the long story short, Jens have told me that is possible to have a

1064 2V motor (9V11 or Sport) modified to his specs and get close 100Whp from it.WIth 100cc more you get more.

watch out for the wheelies :race::race:

click on the video

should get HelicopterJim wettin' himself :not:

Picture_1.png

:wub:

I'm SOLD. but it would be to fill the void of a crashed V11, or an addition down the road. Not enough there for a out and out replacement.

me likey tho. likey a lot. :food:

Mmm, a cue from aprillia?

03-g.jpg

Looks good in the video- I love those mountain passes- especially when they are empty!!

Favorable road test of the 1200S in MCN this week. Will be about £7600- stage one race kit (pipes and ECU) £800. Stage 2 race kit (pipes / ECU / high compression heads) £1400.

Panniers also available.

The displacement could be kept quite modest (saving weight), grunt provided by long stroke and modest bore. It wouldn't need to rev particularly high, but would still provide huge grins between 4K and 8K-- remember, we're talking about a sport bike for the street, not for the track.

Got one. It isn't a Guzzi though.