1200s at a dealer in pescara

Paul Minnaert

Oooooooh yeah! I think this is a Guzzi that wants to wheelie! I don't want a Griso anymore. I want a stage II 1200S!!

You have the MGS1 man , it's a volounteer wheelier.

How can we say that in that video is a stage II 1200S ?O.K. it seems to wheelie quite easy, so?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah I like black Way better. I hope nothing happens to my V11 but if it does that 1200sport IS my replacement

!!

:bier:

How about a stage II 1200 Griso?? That's next, ya know. Head and shoulders above the 1200S, IMHO.

How about a stage II 1200 Griso?? That's next, ya know. Head and shoulders above the 1200S, IMHO.

The Griso's design works best of the bunch, in making something of the way that Guzzi has chosen to present its mechanicals – all the big drive casing and boxy motor bits. The 1200s still looks like a potato(e), skimmed heads or no.

• 2 weeks later...

The report in Bike gives the 1200s a :thumbsup:

'It's built for real roads', despite fast name and race-track launch. (In various reports there seems to have been consensus that Guzzi launched the bike in the wrong place. It shouldn't have been a race-track: which also had the delights of being beside a clanking quarry and an up-wind pig farm.

"At home on the road.

Gutsy and characterful.

Comfy 100mph cruising.

Glides over poor surfaces.

Broad spread of power.

A superb road bike."

It's described as not a sports bike, as in GSX-R sense: it's a Breva in a well-tailored tracksuit.

Sounds like a good job. I just wish it had the style of the Griso, not the Breva.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bmonnig

Yeah, it seems like Guzzi's demographic targeting shakes down something like this:

Breva750/Nevada: 30/40-something women on a budget

MGS-01: 30/40-something enthusiasts with a lot of money to spend

Griso: 30/40-something enthusiasts with a little money to spend

1200S: 40/50-something semi-enthusiasts with a little money to spend

Breva/CalClassic: 40/50/60-somethings on a budget (Breva for semi-enthusiasts)

Norge/CalVintage/CalTouring: 50/60-somethings with good money to spend (Norge for semi-enthusiasts)

It'll be interesting to see what turns up at gatherings (and in whose hands) in five years.

The 1200S sure appeals to me. It's just the "sport standard" I've been looking for, and I think it'll make a good tour mount. Those wavy rotors will have to be swapped for proper "round" ones, though.

I turned 30 4 months ago, and I currently own a pair of 1100 Sportis. I've owned ~100 motorcycles, ranging from an '05 GSXR 1000 to my 1978 Honda Z50. I've made my living exclusively from motorcycles for the past 6 years. My current race bike is a Buell XBRR. I'm not sure how much more "enthusiast" you want someone to be. ;)

My Sport 1100 with FCR 41s and full Staintune is faster than my stock Nero Corsa. Noticeably faster.

The suspension and transmission are so much better on the Nero that a little drop in power isn't bothering me too bad.

We'll have to get together to ride sometime. I'm nearby, in Springfield, MO. CAllison is next door in OK. Sounds like a tri-state Guzzi ride is in order. ;)

Guest bmonnig

It's described as not a sports bike, as in GSX-R sense: it's a Breva in a well-tailored tracksuit.

Sounds like a good job.

Just what I'd like to see! After owning dozens of Japanese sport bikes (GSX-R's and the like), I've reached the conclusion that I want a GSXR on the track, not the street. A gorgous, sporting-capable standard, such as the 1200S, is -just- what I'd like.

I just wish it had the style of the Griso, not the Breva.

From what I've gathered, I'm very much a minority...I think the Breva is much more attractive than the Griso. I see the long, low Griso, and my first thought is "cruiser", though more along the lines of a Yamaha Warrior than a Harley RoadKing. I just don't see the Griso as a sporting bike, but rather more of a powercruiser...