Confession Thread

Guest Nogbad

You bastards're hard to please.

Funny...that's what Moto Guzzi say too! :lol:

PS there's gotta be the makings of a book (illustrated) in this subject. And study notes.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But I'm claiming "prior art"

Come off it Ratchet, we're not allowing you that! **The trouble with yours is that it appears like it's trying to be something, while still looking like a big lump of carpet underlay. The 'quality' thing about the inner tube ones is that they are what they are, good honest functional hacks, without trying to look like factory product while falling short of the mark.

In the mud catching dept. either Guzzi produces a proper solution, or it's gotta be flappy rubber tube. I was trying to remember who used the cut-up pig-feed bucket to make one?? That's close to acceptable.

I must say, I'd like to see a decent home made hugger using an everyday object.

**warning, I could be talking :wacko::ninja::blush:^_^:whistle: , y'know

Damn, I'm a plagiarist, as well as a non-bodger. Yers is purtier than mine, though.

Don't worry too much. All you've copied are the zip ties, and those are the first step on the way to a solid bodge I'd say.

Your problem is the Whiskey, as BF already's mentioned. You should have started your story with "While I was looking at a wrecked Nippon thingy that was left stranded in the rain somewhere between "Timbookedtwo" and nowhere ..." or something like that. "Boned it out and the Goose was on the road again" as end of story and the BPoint had been yours.

You know, some can sell everything ;)

Hubert

Zip ties are the key to bodgedom? I'll keep that in mind for future attempts.

Well, yeah

Gal0153.jpg

picture for the book cover

Ok, Brand new to site and Guzzi's. Just bought a V11/2000 to go with my Duc 749 , I'm happy...but here's my "tool of the day" comment.

After finishing all fluid changes on the Guzzi (redline heavy in both gearbox and final drive), went for a ride and my back end completely coated in red fluid (no doubut the redline spewing out of the vent bolt) WTF I said maybe put too much?

So I emptied and repeated procedure all over and still same , until I picked up the owners manual and carefully looked at the picture of the rear hub and noticed I put the vent bolt in the center hole !

So there, just have to admit when your a tool.

ps. I have learned so much on this site already, hats off.

Zip ties are the key to bodgedom? I'll keep that in mind for future attempts.

Cable ties? Pfft! I spit on your cable ties! Once you're out in the middle of woop-woop you won't find cable ties! You'll find baling wire and bits of old fence. If you're really lucky you'll find a wrecked HQ Holden that was wrapped around a tree by a young hoon 30 years ago and you'll find that an old Holden, even though it was produced with Imperial bits, has loads of stuff that will enable you to get home.

Never mind that the wiring loom is all the wrong colour. There's LOTS of wire in it! That helps when your home made loom decides to let all the blue smoke out west of the Black Stump. Then there's all sorts of intersting steel bits that can be cut off or broken off and beaten into various *neccessary* shapes before being attatched with baling wire. If the worst comes to the worst you cabn set fire to kit. Those 1970's vinly seats produce a plume of smoke visible from space! Sod the fact that polar bears will be weeping when you do it! It's better than dying of thirst or having to listen to two days of talk-back radio while you wait for someone to realise you're stranded.

I reckon that any sort of 'Home Made' Hugger is a fine thing. the tackier the better. With V11's with their gearbox vent right in the line of the spray-off from the tyre they are virtually 'De-Riguere' but ugly, cheap, barely adequate and done while drunk will get a big, big bodge point from me every time :D

Now, this Nuovo Falcone I'm working on at the moment? Whoops, I haven't been paid for that yet....... :wacko:

Pete

I reckon that any sort of 'Home Made' Hugger is a fine thing. the tackier the better. With V11's with their gearbox vent right in the line of the spray-off from the tyre they are virtually 'De-Riguere' but ugly, cheap, barely adequate and done while drunk will get a big, big bodge point from me every time :D

Axe-uh-lent! An Aussie bodge point's better'n, rare'n, and more coveted'n a Brit one anyway. :drink:

But when I said about the home-made hugger, up there, I didn't mean the 'splash guard' that's the main subject of the thread. I'd like to see a proper hugger-type affair for the swing-arm, one with a degree of cosmetic acceptability.

Meanwhile the inner-tube-on-the-frame does the job.

Tell you why this inner tube looks bodgy: it needs the Main General Ultra Bodge of original hugger as carrier to be bolted on.

Everything that relays on this silly part has good chances to be called a bodge.

Hubert

Guest ratchethack

Cable ties? Pfft! I spit on your cable ties! Once you're out in the middle of woop-woop you won't find cable ties!

Ah, but Pete - Some o' us carry the implements of bodgery with us on the road. I always find an assortment of cable ties in my road kit, and I've actually used a few on occasion (on other moto's, not the Guzzi yet). They don't weigh anything and take up little space alongside the emergency road gear. :luigi:

I had a Porsche 914 that I re-did back in high school. When I installed the carpet kit, I secured the carpet to the firewall with beautiful button-head stainless screws...that went right into the front mounted gas tank. All twenty-four of them. Sure enough, three hours later I had an entire floorpan full of a nasty gasoline/tar soundproofing molotoff cocktail. Way to go. :blush:

Some o' us carry the implements of bodgery with us on the road.

Well – I hope the Police don't stop and search you then.