Clocks

Richard

Has anyone fitted a clock to their bike? If so, what have they used and how have they done it? ie, have they wired it into the bike, put a wrist watch on etc...?

Cheers

Richard

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Formotion stick on. Put it on the little plastic bit below the idiot lights and between the two gauges. I have the black one that suites the ITI gauges pretty well. They also have silver that would probably look better with the Veglias. Only downside is that I do a lot of riding in the dark and the clock does not light up or glow in the dark. There are others with white faces that do though.

http://www.formotionproducts.com/stickon.htm

BP_72000_cutout_web.jpg

I initially had an Oxford Products LCD digital clock velcroed into the fairing.

IMG_1190.jpg

I managed to bugger it up when changing the battery :luigi: Had it face down and pushed too hard with the screw drivers to undo the back and pushed in the buttons on the front :homer:

I then used the wife's old watch around the brake master cylinder , didn't work too well and battery went flat very quickly.

Wrist watch in the tank bag moves and often isn't readable.

I've avoided anything that goes on to the triple tree yoke as would be obscured by the tank bag. I've contemplated Velcro watch on to the lid of the clutch/brake master cylinder, but will probably put something back on to the existing Velcro pad.

Has anyone fitted a clock to their bike? If so, what have they used and how have they done it? ie, have they wired it into the bike, put a wrist watch on etc...?

Cheers

Richard

Here's a few to choose from. I have one from them that reads time, temp & voltage. I mounted it to the panel inside the fairing below the windshield. Easy enough to see but not intrusive. I don't see that model offered any longer these are all easy to install. Many are battery powered so no wiring to do.

edit: just like Martin mounted it.

http://www.aerostich.com/home.php?cat=265&...on=0&page=1

Guest Gary Cheek

163206686TBYdhm_th.jpg

Another home machine shop project. This is a Timex illuminated on a mount I made about five years ago. Formotion came out with a similar but klunkier one a few years later. Theirs uses a clamp that looks like a standard frame clamp from a chopper shop.They turned up surpisingly after I posted these photos on the net! The pictured mount is machined from 7075 aluminum billet Please excuse the tooling marks as this photo was taken before final metal finishing and polishing.

163202394rBwVPu_th.jpg

163229747ouLWwk_th.jpg

An older design that was installed on my Eldo many years ago and is now residing on a 2001 V11.

163207532mlhUpG_th.jpg

This one was whittled from 6061 aluminum and the two retaining tabs were milled of brass and chemically blackenend. The tabs are secured with 2mm button heads. Timex Indiglo watches are waterproof, very rugged , keep excellent time and the back light works very well at night. They are unobtrusive, easy to read and self powered . the batteries last an easy two years.

Click on photo to enlarge.

I initially had an Oxford Products LCD digital clock velcroed into the fairing.

I managed to bugger it up when changing the battery :luigi: Had it face down and pushed too hard with the screw drivers to undo the back and pushed in the buttons on the front :homer:

Dude, you should get a bodge for that, easy.

I have my clock almost the same position Martin has, but my clock is bigger :)

Anyway, it is a good place to put it.

:blush: oh er there's no answer to that

boys will be boys :whistle:

I know that you and Martin had a good time at that rally, but I didn't realise...

oh hang on

did you say, clock?

:blush: oh er there's no answer to that

boys will be boys :whistle:

I know that you and Martin had a good time at that rally, but I didn't realise...

oh hang on

did you say, clock?

I have the clock from MOTO Detail , sold from Louis.de , they don"t make this holder anymore, so they do have this clock holder that can be attached to the clip on , or steering wheel bar, and the clock comes in these color combinations