Hey, Nicky pulled a stupid move on Pedrosa himself just prior and almost took them both out of the race. Neither were racing like a team. I don't feel any sorrow for either. Let's see if they can race as a team in the last one.

Nicky needs to do what Elias did today - take the machine to the edge and keep it there. What a balls move! Sending Rossi ahead after passing him to try to keep his tires to the end. The way he was sliding it they'd never hold together if he was fending off Rossi for 9 more laps. Save it all for the last lap - and what a last lap it was!

Rj

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the difference being that unlike Colin Edwards who actually helps his team mate , for Pedrosa its all about him and his napoleon complex. If you're the number 2 rider, and the team leader is leading the world championship, if you dont make it easy for the team leader to get past, then i'd recomend he make himself scarce in the paddock for a while

If you're the number 2 rider, and the team leader is leading the world championship, if you dont make it easy for the team leader to get past, then i'd recomend he make himself scarce in the paddock for a while

agreed. But the real HRC supported rider is Pedrosa, not Hayden...Everything shows Dani get a better support...

Pedrosa still had a chance of being world Champion, and HRC had no team orders so you can't blame the guy for racing with Hayden. In fact that attitude is what makes Moto GP stand apart from boring and antiseptic Formula One.

Pedrosa made a silly mistake but I hope he is not unfairly villified now- he is an excellent rider, still learning his trade while in his first year of Moto GP.

If Hayden had got better results in all the races since Laguna, he would have been crowned World Champion long ago and would not be in this position. It was noticeable that Hayden stepped up the pace this weekend and made a real effort- why did he not do that beforehand? No point in blaming the bike, you could see in his body language that he has been cruising for 3 months while he should have been racing.

Guy :helmet:

Pedrosa still had a chance of being world Champion, and HRC had no team orders so you can't blame the guy for racing with Hayden. In fact that attitude is what makes Moto GP stand apart from boring and antiseptic Formula One.

well, his chance was on a strict mathematical point. But in real life, he should have support his team mate. It's not like he was 7 points behind...

If Hayden had got better results in all the races since Laguna, he would have been crowned World Champion long ago and would not be in this position. It was noticeable that Hayden stepped up the pace this weekend and made a real effort- why did he not do that beforehand? No point in blaming the bike, you could see in his body language that he has been cruising for 3 months while he should have been racing.

I agree with you completely Guy. Nicky's been thinking "finish every race, collect some points, don't fall down, and I can cruise to the championship". Rossi's been thinking "win win win win" just like he does in every race (except that first Laguna race last summer). That's why Rossi is a champion. If Nicky loses the championship it will be because of his head, not his bike or Pedrosa.

I can't fault Pedrosa for riding hard. Racing is like boxing - if you don't believe that you can win every race at every second of the race, you've no business being out there. Friendships and courtesy go out the window from the second they are off until the checkers drop.

The last one's going to be a thriller!

Rj

The story of Pedrosa "this is the first time in 6 years racing, I took somebody down like this way"

The full story by Daniel Pedrosa. Deluso e amareggiato anche lui. Sa di averla combinata grossa: "Sto male dentro - ha detto - ho commesso un errore grave, per me, per Hayden, per la Honda e per il team, penso di avere avuto anche un po' di sfortuna. In sei anni mai avevo toccato un altro pilota, neanche in prova. Oggi per me è stata la prima volta e con il mio compagno di squadra. Purtroppo è successo e non si può più fare nulla. Se aiuterò Hayden a Valencia? Speriamo si possa fare qualcosa per lui".

By Gazzetta dello Sport

You dum ass. you have taken your own partner down, the guy you suppose to help winning the world cup.

Pedrosa was an idiot, I don't think immaturity is a good enough excuse, these guys are top class proffesionals who have been racing in one form or another for years. Twit.

On the other hand, the yamaha boys looked serious, cohesive and worked to a plan. Honda looked like fools. Shame for Nicky, but the season's far from over.

Mind you, if Nicky had been racing as balls out as Vale has been doing from race one, I think we'd be in a different situation.

And because of that ,I'm rooting for the doctor.

When is the tornado going to win a race, though?

...I can't fault Pedrosa for riding hard. Racing is like boxing - if you don't believe that you can win every race at every second of the race, you've no business being out there. Friendships and courtesy go out the window from the second they are off until the checkers drop.....

Think you're getting mixed up w/something else here Ryan, or is that just a US attitude. There's more to racing than kill or be killed & I for one have more respect for them as race with courtesy than them as don't.

Pedrosa f*cked up.

Watching Elias flying balls out sideways on the whitelines was something special.

Hayden seems like a decent guy & a decent rider. But Rossi deserves the championship.

KB :sun:

Think you're getting mixed up w/something else here Ryan, or is that just a US attitude. There's more to racing than kill or be killed & I for one have more respect for them as race with courtesy than them as don't.

Pedrosa f*cked up.

Watching Elias flying balls out sideways on the whitelines was something special.

Hayden seems like a decent guy & a decent rider. But Rossi deserves the championship.

KB :sun:

First - I resent the assumption that I am American. Canadian Brother!! BIG difference.

Nicky said the same thing in his interview. You don't get to MotoGP without taking risks. It's OK for Elias to ride balls out but not Pedrosa? He had no team orders and Nicky tried to take him out right before. He knows he #@$&@#@ it up. Maybe next time he'll control his anger better.

Elias could just have easily taken Rossi out if he'd lost one of those slides. I didn't see Edwards trying to block him out much.

That's racing. I don't see what you think I'm mixing it up with??

cheers,

Rj