Does anyone else find this forum snobbish?

Dirtybill

So this started with snobs and now we are to who would be who's bitch in jail? This group may be (OK, probably is) crazy but snobbish doesn't seem even close. :drink:

For the 'Mericans on the list, happy 4th of July. To the Brits, naner, naner. :P To the rest of you, have a good weekend.

Lex

PS. I just put a Stucchi X pipe on my V11. Add me to the fans of this device. Too bad it can't fix soft valves. :bike:

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've ... witnessed countless little tiffs on other forums. But not here.

7678[/snapback]

No. Jaap is very inversely snobbish – he only allows little jpegs here, or maybe a png or two. Why can't we be like other forums?

what the hell is a png? is that short for what the bikes do with the wrong map?

72021[/snapback]

:lol:

It is what bikes without TuneBoy do!

From wikipedia:

PNG (Portable Network Graphics) is a lossless bitmap image format. PNG was created to both improve upon and replace the GIF format with an image file format that does not require a patent license to use. PNG is officially pronounced as "ping" (/pɪŋ/ in IPA), but it is often just spelled out — possibly to avoid confusion with the internet tool ping. PNG is supported by the libpng reference library, a platform-independent library that contains C functions for handling PNG images.

PNG files nearly always use the file extension PNG or png and are assigned the MIME media type image/png

To me, there seems to be a certain clique of people who generally just answer each other's posts and dont bother with anyone else.

Seems strange for a forum that has all owners of one marque.

7608[/snapback]

I was gonna answer you but you ain't on my list of snobs right now!! (my clutch cable is broke on my WR)

I don't find the site snobbish at all (sorry to disagree with you dirtybill, being a close neighbour an'all), but I simply think that it reflects how people generally are. Most folks want to stand at the edge either due to shyness, a lack of impetus to join in or perhaps are scared of the technology (don't ask!!!).

....just look at the voting percentage in your next local election.

I was the one that posted the reusable oil filter posting, and of course it died when I said that Scott said get lost, but someone else picked up the thread and said that they are using a Beemer filter and Hey Presto, Scott make a fitting for this filter, so that may open up the thread again.

This site has provided lots of information for me and if no -one answers to a thread I've started, I only sob for a few seconds. :rasta:

7671[/snapback]

OY! Howz that R1 in the snow? Have ya figured out how ta wheelie it yet?

Come on out to the Wak someday and I'll take you to a great (bona fide) chip shop where they even have NBA and pretty good pies too (you know the kind I mean)!!!

I think everyone of you people are snobs and suck ass's . And if any of ya'll dont like what I have to say just bring it on, but I'll tell you right now you dont want to force me to put on my Ninja suit cuz I'll put some internet karate on your ass. I'll kick your ass so hard you'll be able to use my shoe laces to floss your teeth :finger:

8666[/snapback]

Ahhhhh, shaddap and buy a tractor puller!!

snoby- I'll show you snoby. Just look! You know, I'm on a ducati forum -- totally boring and DRY. This one is the model the others should follow if they were smart (now get mg to put out a bike). It's entertaining and the responses are real -- Tx too! I love it :) Way to go Calison.

Roxy05.JPG

OY! Howz that R1 in the snow? Have ya figured out how ta wheelie it yet?

Come on out to the Wak someday and I'll take you to a great (bona fide) chip shop where they even have NBA and pretty good pies too (you know the kind I mean)!!!

72030[/snapback]

Quite interesting to note that not only has Brian Robson left the Guzzi family [mainly because of a very destructive, expensive, and critically time sensitive rear wheel bearing failure, and the fact he needed a bike right away for his work], but also that Dirty Bill has left the Guzzi family, golly, it must be at least a year ago, also like Brian, to get an R1. Unlike Brian who would have happily ran the Guzzi on it's daily chores, Bill is a fellow who I think gets bored easily, and the V11 just ceased to become a novelty. Last I checked, he had bought and sold at least 1 bike this season, if not more. Which is cool. There are many riders I know of that get a new bike every year, and they are often different makes.

As to the original thread comment, I wouldn't call people on this thread snobby. They are mostly quite helpfull actually. But a specific based forum will be clicky, and this one is no exception, it's very clicky, which as a specific forum, it should be. Understandably, most forum members on this forum think of the V11 Lemans as the greatest bike ever made, which is understandable. Hey, we're clicky, I'm part of it. Remember recently when we [me included] ripped apart the fellow member who started waxing poetically about some Harley? I think Jaap had to close the thread.

I have been on forums of different manufacture, and those guys thing their bikes are the best ever. And they have the same legitimate reasons as alot of us do with our beloved M.G.

I guess I consider myself very lucky to experience different machines, and can say that each are great machines for different reasons, on different days. But no bike can REALLY be said to be the best. Even the experts will come up with various different models.

You guys can fire away now.

Ciao, Steve G.