Does anyone else find this forum snobbish?

Dirtybill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon61
To me, there seems to be a certain clique of people who generally just answer each other's posts and dont bother with anyone else.

Seems strange for a forum that has all owners of one marque.

7608[/snapback]

We certainly have differing perspectives. I never noticed cliquiness. I do find the lemans forum hugely informative, and its contributers polite, often funny, and more mature than on other bike forums I read.

belfast/G:

You dredged this thread up from 2003? Ah, winter in the Isles. :P

It's a rare 65 degrees F today. I'm taking the Sport for a fuel top-up as the busted leg is good enough to set on the footpeg and take along.

Thanks agian to all the prolific posters who give the forum its personality. Interestingly, having been offline for all of 2004, many of the members have changed but the personality remains. We are a mature and gentlemanly lot, eh? B):sun::rasta::nerd:

We certainly have differing perspectives. I never noticed cliquiness. I do find the lemans forum hugely informative, and its contributers polite, often funny, and more mature than on other bike forums I read.

72064[/snapback]

Yes indeed. At the moment I'm trying to separate out the louts from the gentlemen. A Register could be the next, mutually supportive, phase in this humble little campaign.

I'm taking the Sport for a fuel top-up as the busted leg is good enough to set on the footpeg and take along.

72070[/snapback]

The footpeg is not a good place to set it. It could easily fall off and could even end up in the spokes of the back wheel. If you want to take that busted leg along with you (I suppose you're sentimentally attached to it?) why don't you tie it on top of the tank, like Martin does when he has bits breakf off? I'm sure he'll gladly post the picture AGAIN to show how it's done.

from 2003?

72070[/snapback]

Time – now that's a pretty fascinating subject that you've raised there, Docc...

The footpeg is not a good place to set it. It could easily fall off and could even end up in the spokes of the back wheel. If you want to take that busted leg along with you (I suppose you're sentimentally attached to it?) why don't you tie it on top of the tank, like Martin does when he has bits breakf off? I'm sure he'll gladly post the picture AGAIN to show how it's done.

72107[/snapback]

As you asked so nicely

IMG_1313.jpg

To me, there seems to be a certain clique of people who generally just answer each other's posts and dont bother with anyone else.

Seems strange for a forum that has all owners of one marque.

7608[/snapback]

That's a real shame - that you think that!

Snobbish? Perhaps 'snobbishness' is what is assumed when someone speaks but isn't spoken to in return. If that's the case, then perhaps the reason people didn't speak back was because they weren't 'fired' by what was said! I was 'fired' by your posting - and I'm speaking in return - ergo I'm not 'snobbish', and if I'm not 'snobbish' then I wouldn't be a member of a forum that was 'snobbish'. Therefore, by mathematical principles, this forum cannot be 'snobbish' - QED.

BTW - I eat my breakfast in the nude (me, not my breakfast), I leave the bathroom door open when I go to the 'heads', I f*rt whenever I need to, wherever I need to, and I smoke, drink, gamble and ride like a twat - perleeese don't accuse me of being 'snobbish'

Welcome to the wonderful world of 'slobbishness' :)

As you asked so nicely

IMG_1313.jpg

72112[/snapback]

What length of string would you say is needed for a job like that, Martin?

I am of course far above questions of snobbery.

Would any of you proles mind if my butler answers for me?

Course not. You're all too insignificant for such a rhetorical question.

Now,whom would be so lucky as to like a sniff of my saddle?

I wont charge,of course,I dont need the money. :glare:

Respondants may reply to my usual address at:

Marketing manager,

Honda uk.

What length of string would you say is needed for a job like that, Martin?

72140[/snapback]

An interesting question, and one to which we all await an answer...... How long, in reality, IS a piece of string......?

:helmet: ''i believe that one who sniffs bicycle seats for pleasure or relief, is classified as a poon. any poons visit this forum? :ninja:

I am of course far above questions of snobbery.

Would any of you proles mind if my butler answers for me?

Course not. You're all too insignificant for such a rhetorical question.

Now,whom would be so lucky as to like a sniff of my saddle?

I wont charge,of course,I dont need the money. :glare:

Respondants may reply to my usual address at:

Marketing manager,

Honda uk.

72158[/snapback]