Political Threads

Post #57 of sadam hanging thread

I don't want to interfere, but could some of you (you know who you are) please find a different forum where you can disagree on political topics publicly? It seems that over here noone cares anymore...

topic closed

No, the problem is that some of us do care and that makes it very difficult to remain silent in the face of what we disagree with. For some of us a news story triggers a need to share it with our friends who happen to be on this forum.

Some of us, mostly just me, disagree with this right wing crap and that leads to bitter argument, hatred and insults.

I don't do it to wind anyone up.

I say what I say because it is the just truth.

If politics is your thing, I suggest we do what Jaap suggests and find a different forum where we can disagree on political topics.

Here you can discuss politics and Guzzis:

http://lists.topica.com/lists/Mgnoc-sw

Despite its name it does not restrict membership by region.

I quit that forum because there were too many unhealthy bitter arguments.

We have the same problem here, and because we got into politics, some of us now can't keep politics out of their technical discussion.

Ratchethack and I both live in San Diego and I now have no interest in riding with him or shaking his hand if I see him. This is because we both care about the politics and we are diametrically opposed in our beliefs.

It is a shame we ever brought up politics at all here.

Does anyone have suggestions for other forums?

Save the Puffin Forum?

Serge the Brutatl Bourjois Dictator forum?

Captain Nemo's site?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't follow political threads , and the last one as well. Stick around dlaing you have given quite some to this forum , chill out and give it a go.

The only ones that get credit from politics are themselfs , who are getting in a position to steal peoples money.so supporting one or other is a somewhat stupid behaviour.

Hopefully their days to be counted at the moment the'll start taking more measures against Man....you'll see what I mean.

:bier:

politics and friends don't mix, I have many kinds of friends on almost all parts of the spectrum, we just don't talk about politics because while it may sound educated to know all about politics it is really a fruitless endeavor, just because you lean one way and support a canidate doesn't mean anything canidates change parties all the time(liberman, party of 2 ect) and the best thing to do is let someone say what they are going to say and just smile and nod(think to yourself that they're crazy because they won't like being told that) and try to do something on your level, I hear many local governements are looking for volunteers for comissions and committee boards. Endless debates prove nothing and I know for a fact you won't be able to change ratchets mind but not being willing to ride with him, well now thats just rude. -_-

What I meant was that people over here don't care anymore about the endless discussions. But I'm happy to see that you decided to take the argumenting someplace else.

:mg:

Sorry, I am splitting hairs.

Ratchet and I may have been the only ones that cared...

From now on the Right wingers can post whatever they want and I'll TRY to remain mute.

Hopefully their days to be counted at the moment the'll start taking more measures against Man....you'll see what I mean.

Interesting. I would ask you more about this, but I am trying to go cold turkey on the politics.

:oldgit:

Remember, the only winners in the U.S. elections just past were the politicians, who took 100% of the votes cast! The public, which overwhelmingly reaffirmed their desire to be ruled by elected officials, will nevertheless still be getting fleeced by the only ones to profit from the sad state of our representative govt. as it devolves into unworkable total democracy and the media and demogogues conspire to remove what few freedoms we have left ourselves...

Long live the Republic! [Who am I kidding? It's already been gutshot, we should just put it out of its misery...]

:2c::doh::wacko:

:mg::bike:

:2c: politics is part of our everday lives whether we like it or not, everyone has an interest whether they know it or not. be it tax..education..roads..public utilitys local national international or just your bike club. so anyone who says they have no interest is having their selves on and neglecting to do their part IMO .FURTHERMORE politics are swayed by public opinion [say or do nothing] you get the system you deserve. choose not to vote as many do and you waste a privilege that still today people die for. sadly many have no interest until they are effected in someway personaly and only selfish reasons brings them to some interest. was this site only ever intended to be abought motorcycle maintenance? if so i think if left at that it would have very little following i feel , if this was left as just a resource for moto guzzi knowledge it would be a very boring place indeed but add hooters and silly banter of all sorts yes politics and religion too and its a great place. i for one hope freedom of opinion and the right to give it remain. cheers gazza.

:2c: politics is part of our everday lives whether we like it or not, everyone has an interest whether they know it or not. be it tax..education..roads..public utilitys local national international or just your bike club. so anyone who says they have no interest is having their selves on and neglecting to do their part IMO .FURTHERMORE politics are swayed by public opinion [say or do nothing] you get the system you deserve. choose not to vote as many do and you waste a privilege that still today people die for. sadly many have no interest until they are effected in someway personaly and only selfish reasons brings them to some interest. was this site only ever intended to be abought motorcycle maintenance? if so i think if left at that it would have very little following i feel , if this was left as just a resource for moto guzzi knowledge it would be a very boring place indeed but add hooters and silly banter of all sorts yes politics and religion too and its a great place. i for one hope freedom of opinion and the right to give it remain. cheers gazza.

Good points.

I don't want censorship.

I am just fed up with the insults.

Apparently the insults are inevitable when people's views are so different.

But thanks GF for posting the Global Warming Thread.

I learned alot there, and it surely reaffirmed my belief that we can do something to reduce the increase in global warming, and how enlightened the left wing and most scientists are. I suppose middle of the roaders and right wingers might not agree with that.

ok I'm confused right now, which wing is which? isn't left wing democrates with farther out being bleeding heart liberals (cough dave cough :lol:) and right wingers were rebulicans with farther out being the religious right? am I clear on this. :huh: tho I really dont care and government isn't always so clear because it seems that the squeeky wheel gets the grease, unless that zirk is inside the wheel casting and there is no way to reach the damn thing :angry: but I digress, isn't the preceived majority just the vocal minority? I think thats why I like the TV show BullSh*t so much and dislike most other media outlets.

ok I'm confused right now, which wing is which? isn't left wing democrates with farther out being bleeding heart liberals (cough dave cough :lol:) and right wingers were rebulicans with farther out being the religious right? am I clear on this. :huh: tho I really dont care and government isn't always so clear because it seems that the squeeky wheel gets the grease, unless that zirk is inside the wheel casting and there is no way to reach the damn thing :angry: but I digress, isn't the preceived majority just the vocal minority? I think thats why I like the TV show BullSh*t so much and dislike most other media outlets.

Left and Right wings are a gross over simplification.

Everyone thinks independently to one degree or another.

The Libertarians have slightly more complex over simplification matrix.

s080_040.gif

Some refuse to be pigeon holed.

I consider myself to be somewhere close to that red dot at 80/40, maybe 90/30. I suppose Ratchet would peg me off the board somewhere around a 100/-100

I would pigeon hole Ratchet at about 0/80.

I would peg Nogbad at about 50/80

I would peg Golden Goose at about 60/70

I would peg Dah Ben at about 80/80 but need more data on his views.

I would peg TX Redneck at about a 30/100

But of course the above diamond matrix is only in two dimensions while reality is in atleast 4 dimensions.

Issues are tough to pinpoint within the matrix. For Pro Choice is both a Libertarian and a Liberal Value, while Pro Death Penalty and Pro War fall into the Authoritarian and Right Wing categories, but many Centrists can support about any side of any issue. ie. the Flip-Floppers like Kerry, McCain, Schwarzenegger, and Clinton (clinton more of whish-washed than flip-flopped)

Pro Free enterprise might be at about 80/80, while free individuals at about 100/50 and free corporations at about 50/100.

Just my humble opinion, your mileage may vary.

No, the problem is that some of us do care and that makes it very difficult to remain silent in the face of what we disagree with. For some of us a news story triggers a need to share it with our friends who happen to be on this forum.

Some of us, mostly just me, disagree with this right wing crap and that leads to bitter argument, hatred and insults.

I don't do it to wind anyone up.

I say what I say because it is the just truth.

If politics is your thing, I suggest we do what Jaap suggests and find a different forum where we can disagree on political topics.

Here you can discuss politics and Guzzis:

http://lists.topica.com/lists/Mgnoc-sw

Despite its name it does not restrict membership by region.

I quit that forum because there were too many unhealthy bitter arguments.

We have the same problem here, and because we got into politics, some of us now can't keep politics out of their technical discussion.

Ratchethack and I both live in San Diego and I now have no interest in riding with him or shaking his hand if I see him. This is because we both care about the politics and we are diametrically opposed in our beliefs.

It is a shame we ever brought up politics at all here.

Does anyone have suggestions for other forums?

Save the Puffin Forum?

Serge the Brutatl Bourjois Dictator forum?

Captain Nemo's site?

I think you're just looking for a 'word scrap'. Am I close to being right? Just stirring it up I think. Must be bored down San Diego way.

Ciao, Steve

I think you're just looking for a 'word scrap'. Am I close to being right? Just stirring it up I think. Must be bored down San Diego way.

Ciao, Steve

No, I am not looking for a scrap.

If you don't want to believe me, fine.

Jaap closed a thread and I was happy for it and I am trying to take the opportunity to give up arguing politics.

I'll probably give in and get into another scrap and be further insulted.

It is not much fun having ideals that aren't shared with people like you.

What makes any of you think your living in a democracy, just cause you have a vote dos'nt make it a democracy. The supposed civilised world has conned the public into thinking that polititians listen to them politicians only listen to BIG business and run their countries accordingly. This is why foreign policy is so screwed up we are too busy invading countries to steal their natural resource's on the ordes of big business. What say do we the public have @#!#$# all.

What makes any of you think your living in a democracy, just cause you have a vote dos'nt make it a democracy. The supposed civilised world has conned the public into thinking that polititians listen to them politicians only listen to BIG business and run their countries accordingly. This is why foreign policy is so screwed up we are too busy invading countries to steal their natural resource's on the ordes of big business. What say do we the public have @#!#$# all.

Politics and religion are belief systems with mostly no recourse to provable facts or science. After a while the argument devolve into name-calling and peoples feelings get hurt. I don't mind reading or talking about politics, but I am not the sensitive type. My Guzzisti friends run the gamut from liberal weenies to gun-toting conservative jackasses. I can't hear them talk while we are riding.

I stopped riding with one guy who had opinions contrary to mine because I thought he was a dangerous rider.

Politics don't enter into it.

DW

I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it is largely a waste of time.

H. L. Mencken