I bid you my goodbye

Guest golden goose

...I don't know what's going on (and have had to much Gin-tonics in the hotel bar to just shut-up)...

For me there are three ground rules:

1. Pay respect to anyones viewpoint

2. No politics on a forum

3. If rule 2 is broken, see rule 1

Bluntly said, if anyone is leaving because of anyone with an opinion (whatever that may be) is not doing what he likes, I find it very hard to obey rule 1....

There is actually a 4th rule: any volunteer who is willing to moderate any community should always be treated with the utmost respect. He/she is offering time to other people, without getting any direct payments for it. R.E.S.P.E.C.T for that!

So Jaap, Dlaing, jimbemodumbe, jrt, al roethlisberger, Martin Barrett, Lex, Van, Alex-corsa, debenguzzi (and I know also Paul Minnaert is contributing a lot to this forum) you rule! Maybe I forgot someone, but I think I made my point!

Being on a tour through Asia (Shanghai, Singapore, Tokyo) I saw a lot cultures, met a lot of interesting people and saw a lot of (smaller and bigger) bikes, and it makes me realize that owning a Guzzi and sharing the experience with other Guzzisti, is something to cherish and enjoy! Let this not be influenced by silly discussions....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Life is too short to get wound up about silly little things. I can't see the big deal in Dave being a moderator- in fact I think he will do a great job in zapping spammers.

Nah,

DLaing is a lib.

He won't zap anything. More likely to try and reason with the spammers,

and understand why they FEEL the way they do(it's a joke, Dave :D )

Moderating spammers is a problem,

Get a grip, Goose, or --

best of luck to you.

So Jaap, Dlaing, jimbemodumbe, jrt, al roethlisberger, Martin Barrett, Lex, Van, Alex-corsa, debenguzzi (and I know also Paul Minnaert is contributing a lot to this forum) you rule! Maybe I forgot someone, but I think I made my point!

Whoaa! :o

now hold on just a gol'darn minute! :angry:

someone went and made Martin a moderator??

what is this place coming to?

:lol:;)

Oh dear.

GG seems to be behaving all mardy like in some other boards I know, not just m/c boards. This board is the best I know, populated by adults in the old sense, Guzzisti generally seeming secure enough in themselves not to lob their toys out of the pram just because they don't agree with someone.

Think I'll just go post some right wing spam ads in classifieds now.

DLaing is a lib.

He won't zap anything. More likely to try and reason with the spammers,

and understand why they FEEL the way they do(it's a joke, Dave :D )

:lol: THIS time I get it and can laugh.

Heck I a have even forgiven Ratchet to the point where I will ride with him.

But if they made TX Redneck or Ratchethack moderator of the banter forum or global forum God <_ i might leave too but would hope come back the next day after realizing what a great value this forum offers and even give them benefit of doubt that they put politics aside in their moderation duties as am sure jaap others have had to do. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_bier.gif" alt=":bier:">

Please give Golden Goose a break, as anyone who read the entire global warming thread knows, it got ugly. I thought it only got ugly between Ratchet and myself, but I am sure I said some things that were rude to both of them that I am sorry for. It is difficult to make 4500+++ posts, maintaining open honesty in what I believe in and not get someone pissed off.

I am pretty sure Golden Goose did not know how limited my moderator powers are, and how I can only delete Classified ads. He did not know that Jaap had the sense not to give me the global powers that he gave DaBen <_ as if he has never posted anything controversial src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:">

Come back GG! :mg:

Think I'll just go post some right wing spam ads in classifieds now.

I am watching you :angry::P

PS Thanks for your civil behavior in the Global Warming thread.

Unlike me, you never let it get too personal :bier:

as anyone who read the entire global warming thread knows, it got ugly. I thought it only got ugly between Ratchet and myself, but I am sure I said some things that were rude to both of them that I am sorry for. It is difficult to make 4500+++ posts, maintaining open honesty in what I believe in and not get someone pissed off.

Don't apologise. The GW thread on here should be read by governments interested in the range of intelligent voter opinion.

Anyway, we both know I had a go at you every now and then, so don't just blame Hackerpatch for any discomfiture you suffered in the said thread.

Actually I have drunk too much wine and the wife is out doing the shopping so don't take anything I say as reliabubble. Got the wet shed blues. Fuckin' rain. Fuckin' winter. You know what, sod the poor, bring on global warming so we Brits can enjoy corrosion free bikes.

Don't apologise. The GW thread on here should be read by governments interested in the range of intelligent voter opinion.

Anyway, we both know I had a go at you every now and then, so don't just blame Hackerpatch for any discomfiture you suffered in the said thread.

Actually I have drunk too much wine and the wife is out doing the shopping so don't take anything I say as reliabubble. Got the wet shed blues. Fuckin' rain. Fuckin' winter. You know what, sod the poor, bring on global warming so we Brits can enjoy corrosion free bikes.

Maybe you just grinned and beared it better when I retaliated. My impression is we would banter, get upset, be a little nasty, and then move on....But Ratchet and I had greater differences, and when GG shared the same view as Ratchet, he got hit by the same grenades I was launching at Ratchet....Or maybe that was another life time, circa WWI...it is all a blur. :drink:

It is a beautiful day where GG, Ratchet, and I live :sun: So we have not excuse :bike:

GG, I hope to see you at the Lookout Cafe to bury the hatchet. First Coffee is on me :bier:

He did not know that Jaap had the sense not to give me the global powers that he gave DaBen <_ as if he has never posted anything controversial src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png" alt=":lol:">

me no controversial :unsure:

Hey now I resemble that remark ^_^ , I haven't abused any powers or changed anything outside the Quiz Forum OTHER than deleting spam so there :nerd:

oh wait, didn't BFG once say I was the greatest member ever :lol: gosh I don't know what came over him. :whistle:

you and rachet tho sterb029.gif who's who? well I'll let you decide. ;)

Life is too short to get wound up about silly little things. I can't see the big deal in Dave being a moderator- in fact I think he will do a great job in zapping spammers.

:stupid:

People need to lighten up

After realizing that Dlaing was now a moderator on this board, an epiphany to say the least, I have decided that it is time to bid you all adieu. It has been real. And it has been fun. But I cannot say it has been real fun.

And that is why I choose to leave.

To all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Respond if you will (I will never see it), but with this, I delete all manner of connections to this site, and if the Golden Goose falls prey to whatever...........so be it. It is just a motorcycle, and one dear to my heart. However, the over-riding philosophy is no more bleeding hearts.

Jaap, you could not have disappointed me more.

Adios!

GG

:mg:

Bye bye!

(I'll be checking to see if you peek!)