I bid you my goodbye

Guest golden goose

Damm yet again I'm late to the party. Each time theres someting a bit contaversal posted it's when I'm away, and you lot seem to argue it out amongst youselves and we get a reasonable end result and I don't have to get the (brand new unused) moderator bat out.

I would only take exception to a post that was a vindictive personal attack and would cause hurt or offence to primarily the person it was aimed at.

Take for example this topic, Dave got his reply in early. Explained his position and without resorting to any nastiness. The rest of the forum has rallied around him and indicated that GG's position was a very shallow one. Jaap also had his reply.There was no point in any moderating action being taken by me.

Occasionally a post gets misconstrued and offence can be taken. I know I've been guilty of this. I don't think that there's anyone here who is intentionally nasty to others. The GW thread comes close with a little bit of name calling and label sticking, but the participants seem to be well entrenched and relatively impervious to this type of shell fire. I hope all the insults aren't in the last 1/3 rd of the posts there because I've normally given up by then :( But they behave civilly to each other on the technical topics where it really matters.

The rest is just a little bit of fun on the side keeping the forum ticking over so that the gurus are here when someone needs help.

I missed the posted image, but can well imagine which one it was. Despite being closely associated (see link in sig) I'm big and ugly enough to take it in the spirit it was meant. We had a bit of "fun" last time it was posted. rather than PM or run crying to Jaap, settled for a bit of public discomfort as seemed fitting in context of the thread followed by "no hard feelings etc" The important thing is to remain friends.

People can take offence at anything and make it fit their own agenda if they wish. I have been caught up in some of the fallout of this at work, over a joke email. I need counseling as I've obviously no friends and didn't recieve it.

Lighten up, it's only the Internet, some people use the anonymity to be obnoxious. Others add a breath of fresh air, we've a common interest here. Use that to get to see life through another persons perspective, it might not change you, but if you can appreciate their point of view so much the better and if you get to meet them at a rally or on a trip, you'd probably find them :thumbsup:

Just need to address a couple of serious points raised

Antonio - despite it raining nearly every ride my bike isn't getting cleaner, what is this wash thing you mentioned? ;)

Jim - Bette Midler, cover of the Beatles "In my life" from the film "For the Boys" weepy moment. Watched this film with Mrs B in our early days together - Closest thing we have to Our Tune - not sure which version I prefer. So lay off Bette she's fit for purpose just like our bike of choice- though I know which I prefer to ride :mg:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damm yet again I'm late to the party. Each time theres someting a bit contaversal posted it's when I'm away, and you lot seem to argue it out amongst youselves and we get a reasonable end result and I don't have to get the (brand new unused) moderator bat out.

I would only take exception to a post that was a vindictive personal attack and would cause hurt or offence to primarily the person it was aimed at.

Take for example this topic, Dave got his reply in early. Explained his position and without resorting to any nastiness. The rest of the forum has rallied around him and indicated that GG's position was a very shallow one. Jaap also had his reply.There was no point in any moderating action being taken by me.

Occasionally a post gets misconstrued and offence can be taken. I know I've been guilty of this. I don't think that there's anyone here who is intentionally nasty to others. The GW thread comes close with a little bit of name calling and label sticking, but the participants seem to be well entrenched and relatively impervious to this type of shell fire. I hope all the insults aren't in the last 1/3 rd of the posts there because I've normally given up by then :( But they behave civilly to each other on the technical topics where it really matters.

The rest is just a little bit of fun on the side keeping the forum ticking over so that the gurus are here when someone needs help.

I missed the posted image, but can well imagine which one it was. Despite being closely associated (see link in sig) I'm big and ugly enough to take it in the spirit it was meant. We had a bit of "fun" last time it was posted. rather than PM or run crying to Jaap, settled for a bit of public discomfort as seemed fitting in context of the thread followed by "no hard feelings etc" The important thing is to remain friends.

People can take offence at anything and make it fit their own agenda if they wish. I have been caught up in some of the fallout of this at work, over a joke email. I need counseling as I've obviously no friends and didn't recieve it.

Lighten up, it's only the Internet, some people use the anonymity to be obnoxious. Others add a breath of fresh air, we've a common interest here. Use that to get to see life through another persons perspective, it might not change you, but if you can appreciate their point of view so much the better and if you get to meet them at a rally or on a trip, you'd probably find them :thumbsup:

Just need to address a couple of serious points raised

Antonio - despite it raining nearly every ride my bike isn't getting cleaner, what is this wash thing you mentioned? ;)

Jim - Bette Midler, cover of the Beatles "In my life" from the film "For the Boys" weepy moment. Watched this film with Mrs B in our early days together - Closest thing we have to Our Tune - not sure which version I prefer. So lay off Bette she's fit for purpose just like our bike of choice- though I know which I prefer to ride :mg:

Very well put, you should have been made a moderator years ago :bier:

and you know the pic in question, I'll admit I snipped it out, but I was the last one who put it up and it was in poor taste then as well. -_-