I bid you my goodbye

Guest golden goose

Guest golden goose

After realizing that Dlaing was now a moderator on this board, an epiphany to say the least, I have decided that it is time to bid you all adieu. It has been real. And it has been fun. But I cannot say it has been real fun.

And that is why I choose to leave.

To all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Respond if you will (I will never see it), but with this, I delete all manner of connections to this site, and if the Golden Goose falls prey to whatever...........so be it. It is just a motorcycle, and one dear to my heart. However, the over-riding philosophy is no more bleeding hearts.

Jaap, you could not have disappointed me more.

Adios!

GG

:mg:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After realizing that Dlaing was now a moderator on this board, an epiphany to say the least, I have decided that it is time to bid you all adieu. It has been real. And it has been fun. But I cannot say it has been real fun.

And that is why I choose to leave.

To all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Respond if you will (I will never see it), but with this, I delete all manner of connections to this site, and if the Golden Goose falls prey to whatever...........so be it. It is just a motorcycle, and one dear to my heart. However, the over-riding philosophy is no more bleeding hearts.

Adios!

GG

:mg:

:2c: I am only a moderator of Classifieds.

Sorry, you felt that way.

I would agree that I am not qualified by popular vote to moderate political post in the Banter forum because my bias is far from centered.

Also, if you read some recent posts, I have given up arguing politics.

My last post in Global Warming was a little close to an argument, but I am not here to make enemies.

I have treated you with far more respect than Ratchet has treated me.

I hope once you realize that I only moderate Classifieds you will change your mind.

Forgive Jaap for letting me help reduce SPAM.

I tried to PM you, but I could not...even as a moderator.

Trust me, my moderator POWERS are limited to Classifieds.

If you start hocking blinker fluid or Elbow Grease there, I might abuse my powers there and delete your post :P

If you wish, I will resign from Classified Moderation.

Guest Mattress

WHAT THE @#!#$# IS GOING ON IN THIS PLANET?????

JESUS CHRIST, WE ARE OR WERE THE COOLEST FUCKING MOTORCYCLISTS TO EXIST. WHAT THE @#!#$# WOULD TONTI THINK?

LET ME SAY THIS ON A RANT: I AM TOTALLY NOT COOL DUDE WITH AGGRAVATION AND GUZZI RIDERS WRITIN EACH OTHER OFF! ARE WE BECOMING LIKE FUCKING BMW TWATS?

I BOUGHT A GUZZI AND TOOK IT TO A RALLY IN IOWA THIS SUMMER. IT WAS MY DREAM. AND YOU KNOW WHAT, MY DREAM WAS MOSTLY FULLFILLD.

I HAD A BEER IN MY HAND AND A DUDE HELPING ME SETUP MY TENT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. i EVEN HAD A LOVELY COUPLE IN IOWA SEE MY AUSTRALIAN VB BEER SHIRT AND OFFER TO GIVE ME A VB!

NOW THAT WAS LIKE ALMOST HAVING A WOMAN COME ON TO ME, CAUSE I LOVE VICTORIA BITTER BEER. 4X IS SHIT.

JAAP: HOW DO I MAKE MY FONT BIGGER? CAUSE IF WE ARE ALL OF A SUDDEN GONNA GET PISSY WITH EACH OTHER, I'LL MAKE SOME PEOPLES LIFE MISERABLE!!!!!!

@#!#$# THE INANITY IN THIS WORLD. AND @#!#$# THE DIVISIVE EVIL THAT EVEN TRIES TO ATTMPT TO MAKE CAMPSITES DIVIDED.

I HOPE YOUR BEEF IS LEGITE DUDE. OR A THOUSAND LOOSE OIL FILTERS ON YOUR HEAD.

And I do love boobs. please next rally, more boobs

Has everyone been taking drugs? :huh2:

Seen this kind of thing on several boards recently. The right wing (self anointed non-whiners / bleeding heart haters) this side of the pond are, as a group, having a bit of an epiphany of late. And it has nothing to do with David per se.

Unfortunate, but revealing.

Life is too short to get wound up about silly little things. I can't see the big deal in Dave being a moderator- in fact I think he will do a great job in zapping spammers.

It is good to have an interest in politcal issues, and I can't see the harm in having a bit of banter and discussion on a motorcycle forum, but going over the top and making it into a personal attack is out of order.

I think Jaap's approach to managing the (his) forum is excellent- he lets it flow without it ever getting out of hand- only occasionaly does he have to put his moderator hat on and lay down the law.

Guy :helmet:

Life is too short to get wound up about silly little things. I can't see the big deal in Dave being a moderator- in fact I think he will do a great job in zapping spammers.

It is good to have an interest in politcal issues, and I can't see the harm in having a bit of banter and discussion on a motorcycle forum, but going over the top and making it into a personal attack is out of order.

I think Jaap's approach to managing the (his) forum is excellent- he lets it flow without it ever getting out of hand- only occasionaly does he have to put his moderator hat on and lay down the law.

Guy :helmet:

Here here.

People are always going to have differing opinions. Man up, understand this and accept people for who they are - it's called "real life". Don't take your thumb in you bum and start righting off people you've only met through a forum such as this, at least meet them, get to know them, then make your mind up.

I can't see the big deal in Dave being a moderator- in fact I think he will do a great job in zapping spammers.

voilà.

me neither. I actually think it's quite a gesture of good will and friendship Dave offers some of its time so we, as a whole, can have a good reading without tripping on dirty offers ;)

Well, it's a shame if you feel that way... but if you had read more closely, Dlaing is only a moderator to the Wanted section of the Classifieds. He offered his help in deleting spam messages as a sign of good will. And who am I to deny someones help because of his political views? However, if he had volunteered for the Banter section, I wouldn't even have considered his application!

FWIW: If you had volunteered first, you would have gotten the job...

But to be honest, if you really want to leave the board like a short sighted, whining prima donna, go ahead...

Anyway, thanks for participating.

It would be a shame to lose someone who was prepared to make educated, coherant, inteligent and mature comments on the real world.

On the other hand, Lovers of that murederer Bush, people who think that a "war on terror" is actually possible (nevermind believable), and right wing flag wavers, should all be shot with balls of their own shite.

Of course, I'm not pointing fingers.

You see, I tend not to get too involved in the political stuff because I can't really type fast enough, and anyway I keep getting too much saliva on the computer screen.

Shame we can't meet in a pub somewhere. Or maybe not....