Round about nowhere*

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks a bit like Dubai, or one of the other UAE's.

"Well, we've got loads of money, let's make an indoor snow slope in the desert. No, we've done that, ok ,lets build another road to ,ah,nowhere".

somebody must have come over from europe because we're getting those things now :angry: they suck!

luckily they're only on little b roads I guess they think its cheaper than stop signs? :huh2:

I've seen one or two like these roundys to nowhere it usually means there's a development planned but not built yet. I also have seen several traffic lights where the cross street doesn't exist yet either. let me tell you I love stopping at those damn lights :angry:

roundabout.jpg

This is in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire. Next town about 6miles north of where I live.

Roundabouts much better than ordinary junctions. Can be a problem at certain times due to traffic density and primary routes but these get sorted out with traffic lights.

But on a motorcycle a roundabout is your friend

this is one is intresting if you don't know what you're doing

ck_plough_roundabout.jpg

Charles Kennedy " It's enough to drive you to drink!"

magic.gif

but I like going the "wrong" way around it

So, it should have been a quiz?

Any more guesses? There is one person on the Forum who should know it. He lives in a desert, both geographically and culturally. He lives in a (small) town that seems to have only straight roads (which may explain someone's desperation to build a roundabout, the infinite corner).

This is located on the outskirts of the town (though the town centre doesn't look much different, it's just without the curves).

Post early for Christmas

roundabout.jpg

But on a motorcycle a roundabout is your friend

Not if you live in France it isn't! Here, they haven't had roundabouts for very long, either, and many people still confuse them with "priorite a droit" junctions, where anyone joining the road from the right has priority........and on French roundabouts you should give way to traffic approaching from the left! This makes negotiating a French roundabout either hilarious or very scary, depending on whether you are piloting an ancient Landrover or your treasured Guzzi. It's all made even more hilarious by the fact that you are allowed to hug the outside of a roundabout in French law even if you are going all the way round, and many do but some don't.

Hey isn't that Limpbit Optic with Charlie? He's dating a cheeky girl - there's no justice in the World!

So, it should have been a quiz?

Any more guesses? There is one person on the Forum who should know it. He lives in a desert, both geographically and culturally. He lives in a (small) town that seems to have only straight roads (which may explain someone's desperation to build a roundabout, the infinite corner).

This is located on the outskirts of the town (though the town centre doesn't look much different, it's just without the curves).

Post early for Christmas

Must be Bungendore.

Not unless it's something strange they're building *Over the Hill* at the new 'Joint Defence Headquarters' in between here and Queanbeyan :grin: Our answer to the Pentagon so my town is going to fill up with no-neck wastes of space with IQ's in single figures! And you wonder why I'm moving to the coast and etting up a scooter hire business????

Pete

...we're getting those things now :angry: they suck!...

Ben, just think of them as ground clearance/tyre grip testing venues, & you may see them in a better light. Find a nice big grippy one on a quiet time & you're laughing - or even better several of same connected by short stretches of dual carriageway. I love roundabouts. :race:

Martin, I once negotiated that roundabout complex in your photo - not without some effort, I'm sure it looked great on the signs but when you arrive it's mindboggling cos there's just all these lines painted on the road...with cars seemingly travelling randomly in all directions... :wacko:

What on earth! A roundabout in the dry desert wastes, with no roads.

Roundabout.jpg

I was checking out Qatar on Google Earth looking for my nephews Airbase and noticed lots of similar circles but not that one. Gotta be somewhere in that neck of the woods.