No sport bike in Guzzi range marketing director says

1100sport

About time Guzzi remembered the long racing heritage that they have and the great riders that raced for them. 11 IOM TT victories is something to celebrate ,aprillia are having a 10 year aniverserary model so what, time guzzi management kicked butt the potential is there just do it. Lino Tonti came up with one the best handling motorcycles of all time, come on guzzzi live up to Parodi's expectations.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who looks to make sense of what pigaggio does with Guzzi, or looks for sensible decisions from them, is on a fool's errand. Aprilia nad then pigaggio are just the latest vultures to pick at the dessicated bones of this once-great company. It'll remain "going out of business" until an Italian Vaughn Beals comes along to revive it.

Anyone who looks to make sense of what pigaggio does with Guzzi, or looks for sensible decisions from them, is on a fool's errand. Aprilia nad then pigaggio are just the latest vultures to pick at the dessicated bones of this once-great company. It'll remain "going out of business" until an Italian Vaughn Beals comes along to revive it.

Unfortunatly I think this probably true. I suppose from a buisness perspective why build a full line of bikes into 2 brands, I mean I haven't heard that Aprilia is planning on making a big cruiser! Maybe this is what they are thinking, leave the sport bikes and dirt machines to Aprilia and the rest to Guzzi. Maybe they wil come up with a free suspender promotion for the new bikes! :D

Paul, do you have a link to this story. This is very distressing news.

:angry2:

I'm hoping that he might mean they aren't planning on building a superbike-level sportbike. A street MGS-01/replacement Daytona doesn't actually have an analogue in the Aprilia world. Course, that's just my wishful thinking, he might mean just what it says, no sportbike. Like to get a read on that from someone who speaks Italian and can translate the nuances of the interview...

dk

http://www.guzzisti.it/page_builder.php?fi...ingombrante.htm

Guest drknow

Thanks Paul, my read is that they diretore generale isn't really discussing the motorcycle we're looking for, rather a serious racing platform like the new V4, 1098, RC8, etc. I'm hoping they parts bin a bike out of what they have. Maybe that's still a possiblity.

However, I'm thinking that Mario is right. It's unlikely that anything great will happen if/until new management takes over from Piaggio

you don't have to shout: if you want one, get one.

he means production street of the MGS-01 that thing would cost an assload, pardon my dutch. Its strange why that never materialized it would have made a great statement for guzzi I may have gotten one over the RSVR if it was a less special parts production for 15K 6 years ago when it was being developed or was that 7 years?

he means production street of the MGS-01 that thing would cost an assload, pardon my dutch. Its strange why that never materialized it would have made a great statement for guzzi I may have gotten one over the RSVR if it was a less special parts production for 15K 6 years ago when it was being developed or was that 7 years?

The bike pictured has turn signals and a license plate mount. Not a street version? Wouldn't mind one myself.

Another good reason to maintain that V11 for the long haul. ;)

I couldn't agree more. These V11's are sure to hold their value well over the next decade. ;)