Rode a V7 Cafe Classic today...

felix42o

Essentially bulletproof. They are picky about a pipe but that is true of virtually all the current range. One thing that is good is that as well as the single TB and 'Semi RBW' system the pistons and rings have been re-designed and the new engines no longer seem to suffer from the 'Oh I think I'll drink my entire sump full of oil in 150km." Problem that seems to mysteriously strike the earlier twin TB models. I'd still fit a sump extension simply because the weedy oil capacity means that it is worked very hard but the danger of the motor suddenly self destructing seems to have abated.

Pete

Unlike the Cali 14 and the 'Prilas that use a 'proper' RBW system where you have cables from the twist grip to a remotely positioned demand sensor, (A sort of four way TPS.) which then communicates with the ECU by Canbus and this in turn tells the TB butterflies what to do the Engine management unit used on the V7's has cables that go to the unit which incorporates the ECU, the butterfly and the demand sensor. While twisting the throttle will open the throttle plate a tiny amount to enable a sort of 'Limp Home' mode if the RBW goes tits the main butterfly and fueling control is all electronic with the butterfly being operated by a servo motor under the command of the EMU.

Pete

Those who refuse the lessons of history are compelled to repeat them.

The same is true of those who refuse to accept new technology.

Yes, we can look at stuff and say "Oooh! That's difficult.". The thing is it isn't. Its just different and needs different tools to make it function.

I'm virtually 'Computer illiterate" but I have learnt what I need to learn for my trade and have also found people with serious skills who can help me conquer those areas I'm hazy on.

If you 'Retro Engineer' constantly you'll end up with no vehicles that rely on internal combustion, or external combustion, or even beast powered!

For @#!#$#'s sakes! Get over it! Don't waste. Don't conspicuously consume just because you can but also accept that it may in an overall way be better to adopt a 'Use and Replace' philosophy with things like vehicles. As long as they are recycled and their historical relevance is recorded and preserved the idea that there is something intrinsically 'Wrong' with technological advance is pathetic, ignorant and stupid.

We, 'Humans', have large supra-orbital lobes, opposable thumbs and are quite clever. Cleverness has made us the planet's alpha predator and may even be sowing the seeds of our own destruction but my belief is that cleverness is what will save us. We won't be saved by a whole lot of Luddites who spend their whole time locked into a 'Mosquito in Amber' mindset of some sort of fucking 'Go.den Age'!

The great thing about the 'Good Old Days' is the fact they are gone! Remember them fondly but don't ever think they are some sort of 'Way Forward'!

Pete (Fully expecting to be flamed by pinheads!)

.... The great thing about the 'Good Old Days' is the fact they are gone! ...

Pete (Fully expecting to be flamed by pinheads!)

Bullshit. The great thing about the 'Good Old Days' is the fact that we were young then, each in his own time. You didn't think about tomorrow, you just were tomorrow. So why bother about future things to come? They'd come this way or another, quite the same way as yesterdays' things did vanish. Maybe sticking to old technologies is an attempt to get hold of one's own vanishing existence?

Hubert

Agreed, but what triggered your rant?

Sorry Jaap. I just spend far too much time fixing shit that has been #@$&@#@ up by people who don't know what they're doing and then being told that every human advance since the abandonment of the 'Hunter/Gatherer' existence has been awful by the same people.

I just know that lurking around the corner will be some pinhead about to launch into a spittle-flecked rant about how terrible 'New' Guzzis are. I just wanted to take a pro-active stance.

One of the things I really like about the single TB Smallblocks is there is virtually nothing for 'Harry Hometune' to mess with and screw up! Oh, you can still try to but it takes concerted effort to do so!

Pete

• Like 1

I'm excited about this new Guzzi. I expect the young lad will let me have ride on it.

I'm not disappointed it doesn't come with a cannabis, but it was a pretty weak joke from the start . . . :blush:

Apologies for any offense there, Pete!