1000s

Pandamonium

Hi all,

It's been a while since I sold my v11 but I've currently got a 1994 registered 1000s, possibly se, sitting in the shed I'm looking to get back on the road.

Couple of wee issues, once fully warmed up after a run, give it a good rev and you get light smoke coming out of the exhaust, mostly the left hand side, is this normal?

The float on the right hand carb seems to remain open sometimes and the fuel comes out the overflow and air filter. Any tips to stop it?

Thanks

Mark

Well, no. No smoke is normal. What color is it?

The float on the right hand carb seems to remain open sometimes and the fuel comes out the overflow and air filter. Any tips to stop it? 

Sure. Buy a new float. While you are at it, new needles and seats are called for. That's SOP on an old bike for me.

Thanks for the reply chuck, I'll get a new float ordered up and fitted, the carbs have just been cleaned and balanced so hopefully that will sort it.

The smoke is very pale, I'd say white in colour, hopefully that helps.

Cheers

Mark

Hmmm, normally that's water. You must have the rare water cooled 1000S.  :grin:

Or, maybe there is water collected in the muffler from sitting for years, and it's burning off?  :huh2:  Been sitting on the sidestand?

I wonder how likely that the "smoke" will take care of itself after a few heat cycles and a little riding . . .

These 1000S are surely one of the most alluring Guzzis ever. They were colored several different ways, some with color matched frames to the stripes. :food:

Any chance of a photo? :pic:

I wonder how likely that the "smoke" will take care of itself after a few heat cycles and a little riding . . .

These 1000S are surely one of the most alluring Guzzis ever. They were colored several different ways, some with color matched frames to the stripes. :food:

Any chance of a photo? :pic:

That's my guess.. 

While some of the green-stripers had green frames, I don;t see any images of an "orange frame" for the orange stripers.

I did come across this photo heading a "spec sheet', but the *stilettos* give it away!

Moto%20Guzzi%201000S%2089%20%204.jpg

I'll certainly try and get it out more, run plenty of fuel through it, avoid getting water in the exhausts, would anyone use any additives to the fuel?

Yeah it's something different, gets lots of attention when you stop. As far as I know it was black and orange, black and green with green frame and red for the UK only se. However mine is se spec but black and orange.

That's an interesting looking 1000s v11 rep.

Hopefully this works. .... .

http://share.photobucket.com/shareprofile/indexshare.php?id=ODYyNDI=

I always manage to get it wrong haha.

Many thanks for fixing it

All good, man! The link works, I just copied and pasted the image. Sweet looking Guzzi! :thumbsup::mg:

It's a beauty Panda. Always one of my favorites. The only one I know about around my town went for about 9-10k in cash and trade about 6 years ago. A '91, fair unrestored condition. Green trim. I wouldn't know what a fair price would be for it now.

It's a beauty Panda. Always one of my favorites. The only one I know about around my town went for about 9-10k in cash and trade about 6 years ago. A '91, fair unrestored condition. Green trim. I wouldn't know what a fair price would be for it now.

More.